February 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• @babyroma I gagged taking my prenatal weeks ago, and ever since, taking it has been a huge episode for me (like, I get queasy just looking at the bottle!)

@doodleoodle totally feel your pain. Why do everyday activities, like brushing your dang teeth, have to be 1000x harder!?
  • @malloryfrommn and @babyroma and unfortunately once you gag taking prenatal vitamins or some other mundane task you will gag every time you do it from here on out 😩 I just wanna live!
  • Loading the player...
  • @doodleoodle Oh I feel your pain. Morning brushings are slightly better because I can do them with a completely empty stomach so although I gag, there's nothing to come up. But those nighttime brushings are a serious gamble. I know it's terrible, but last night I skipped the bedtime brush and just flossed/rinsed because I had a big dinner. 

Making sure no toothpaste/spit combo builds up in my mouth and focusing on my breathing helps the tiniest bit. But it's still a dangerous game!  

• @clearlyclara I def have a mix of both slight MS and slight heartburn 😣 Not fun at all. 

Okay now this backpain is starting to become a little unbearable. It’s always there whether it’s just minimal pain or full on back being blown out 😭 Anybody know if a chiropractor visit would be worth it? Not sure if they’d be able to do much during pregnancy. 
  • Anyone else gain 6 lbs in 12 weeks? Even though I have been sick all I eat is carbs but my doctor said she likes to see gains of 4 to 6.6 lbs.
  • @sunshinegarden I think that’s about what I gained? But, I wouldn’t worry too much. I feel like the weight gain might be more accelerated some months vs others. It always seemed to balance out at the end for me. 
  • @sunshinegarden
    I can't relate...per my doctor, I'm not supposed to gain anything throughout the pregnancy....
  • @sunshinegarden Same as what @therealbitts said- it all evens out in the end. I haven't gained yet and didn't during first tri with DS either, but my gain is rapid toward the end. Some people have slow and steady and some have big bursts a spurts. Sounds like you're well within normal range!
  • @chipsnsalsa20 I went to the chiropractor the entire time with my first, and have no regrets at all! And I am going with this baby too. The person I go to specializes in prenatal chiro 
  • Multiple detailed dreams every single night, peeing at least four times a night, nausea has kicked back in despite my zofran, still cannot open the damn refrigerator, heartburn and burping and sometimes bad gas, maybe some round ligament pains?, tiring out easily and the ever present brown spotting.

Pregnancy, I am not a fan.
  • @Swiftlet I'm so sorry you've been having a rough go at it, mama. With my last pregnancy, I couldn't even be in the same room when the refrigerator was opened. 
  • Before pregnancy I could count on one hand with fingers left over the number of times in my entire life that I remember throwing up. 
    As of this morning, I've over doubled that number. MS seems to be getting worse still!  :'(
  • @sunshinegarden I haven’t been back to the OB in like 6 weeks but lost a lot of weight from MS (my OB was aware and monitoring) and have gained about that much back. Which makes me almost net even to my start weight. Idk what they measure from. 
  • @knottiec927dbd76a308dde I am sorry for your loss. 
  • Thanks for all the replies about the spotting. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and unfortunately confirmed I had a missed miscarriage. The baby had stopped developing at 8w5d so had been this way for about a month. Later that night I started getting cramps and heavy bleeding and passed the embryo. Even though I knew this was a real possibility it's really hard, especially as many other women experience spotting which ends up being a healthy pregnancy. Definitely good advice to see a doctor if anything seems off to check it out. Wishing everyone a safe and healthy pregnancy.
    I am sorry for your loss ❤️
  • I’m so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself Knottie ❤️
  • Anyone else gain 6 lbs in 12 weeks? Even though I have been sick all I eat is carbs but my doctor said she likes to see gains of 4 to 6.6 lbs.
    Lolol i gained 6 pounds by 9 weeks. I think I’m up 9 or 10. I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow.
  • Thanks for all the replies about the spotting. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and unfortunately confirmed I had a missed miscarriage. The baby had stopped developing at 8w5d so had been this way for about a month. Later that night I started getting cramps and heavy bleeding and passed the embryo. Even though I knew this was a real possibility it's really hard, especially as many other women experience spotting which ends up being a healthy pregnancy. Definitely good advice to see a doctor if anything seems off to check it out. Wishing everyone a safe and healthy pregnancy.
    I am so sorry for your loss. 
    Oh I am so so sorry😥
  • Anyone else already short of breath? 
  • @jessieR358 🙋🏼‍♀️ It’s embarrassing because I know I’m not THAT out of shape. Im no Olympian but to get winded walking up one set of stairs is a bit excessive in my opinion!
  • @jessieR358 @taylork2020 Add me to that list. It's pretty ridiculous. 
  • My problem is my husband. He wants to hold my hand, but then he practically runs and doesn't get the hint when I am tagging along behind him. So I ask him to slow down and he will for all of about a minute then is off running again. 😒
  • I’m also getting winded very easily. I take my children on a daily morning stroller ride/walk and am huffing and puffing at the slightest incline. I’m impressed by all those mamas that are still running.
  • I work out regularly, but can no longer handle the stairs at work. I don't want to be huffing and puffing and sweating by the time I get to my desk- elevator it is!
  • Holy heartburn! I’ve never really had it before, but the past few days it’s kind of been teasing it’s arrival. Today, it hit me like a train after lunch. Send help 😳🔥
  • Should I be concerned I get out of breath just doing nothing Hahahaha. 
  • I get out of breath already too. Ugh. 

Also, my boobs are super itchy. Not fun. Haha 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • I get out of breath already too. Ugh. 

Also, my boobs are super itchy. Not fun. Haha 
    Mine are itchy too. Still waiting for them to grow though! I’ve always been small chested so I thought pregnancy might finally give me some boobs, but no luck yet! 🤣
  • @nhh11 Hang in there, it's different for everyone. Mine grew a cup size almost immediately, but my SIL (also due in Feb) said that she hasn't noticed any growth yet.

Has anyone else already started having problems with lower back pain? I'm 14.5 weeks and I noticed mine after walking home from work yesterday. There was no big "aha" moment; I just took off my backpack and thought "weird, my back is twinging". It got progressively worse to the point where I had to sleep on the couch; I couldn't lay down on the bed. Even then I had to get up every couple hours to ice it.
  • @noxacanthus I've definitely had sciatic issues pretty much as soon as the BFP and the only thing that seems to help is sitting on a ball. Sorry you're having issues with your back! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @noxacanthus I am just over 15 weeks and have been having increased lower back pain the last couple weeks. It doesn't sound like mine is as severe as yours but I swear laying down almost makes it worse. I have a retroverted uterus so I've been blaming(and expecting) the lower back pain on that mostly. 
    Another surprising pain (that shouldn't have surprised me) is that it hurts if I hold my bladder too long even by 10 minutes. When I wake up in the middle of the night, my whole lower abdomen hurts until I go to the bathroom. I'm going to bring it up at my 16week appointment next week just to inform the doctor, but man it's annoying.
  • @noxacanthus I’m almost 12 weeks and I’ve been having lower back pain as well. I was sitting at dinner the other night and when I stood up it sounded like I was popping popcorn my back popped so many times. 
  • Went to my first ultrasound finally. Turns out I'm 3 or 4 days farther along than I thought. So officially in my 2nd tri this week. Yay! Symptoms  are; getting bigger and bigger, still nausea, headaches a lot.
  • Don’t know if it’s just today, but I suddenly feel huge! And yet I think I still just look extremely bloated or like my stomach is fatter, but not in a pregnant way. 

Also, having a ton of what is hopefully round ligament pain today. Hasn’t been like this yet - felt like a stitch and then sharp pain just above my hip bone kind of in there. Anyone else?

Last of all - just found out I have a low lying placenta (not previa yet or hopefully ever) - so no sex. Need to confirm on the exercise because now that I feel better I’d love to work out again to combat the feeling big! 
  • @huskervbfan Omg I've had that bladder pain a few times recently! It scared me the first time I woke up in pain! 
  • Is it too early for Braxton Hicks and is anyone else experiencing them if so? I definitely think this week started some weird cramping and that's the only thing that relates to my Google searches lol.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Pregnancy dreams... 
    I just had another horrible nightmare of a pregnancy dream. This is the second time I have had dream where something horrible happens to my son and his life is danger and needs to be saved. Then I wake up and am about to have a heart attack. It’s so real. I’m still panicking. I feel like a bad mom for dreaming these kind of things. Now I’m scared that they mean something. So I immediately started googling cpr methods because I’m freaking out so bad. I’m about 12 weeks, I don’t know how much more I can take of these dreams. 😥😥😥