Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 8/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 8/1

• Loading the player...
  • @ejoseph16 I’m so sorry about the BFN. 10 DPO is still early though, so I’m not giving up hope for you yet❤️. Is FF confused about your LP because of the weird cycles? And logically I know you are right about the drinking! I want to just totally skip the HH, it would be frowned upon for various reasons, but I would prefer that versus any future questions about the status of my uterus.
  • @bows22 my body has been super wonky since my MC. So I have had 11 day LP’s and 14 day LP’s, but I always start on Friday. It’s inevitable. But usually I get brown spotting the day before I start, and nothing today. I’m also super over analyzing my HPT on FF, so there’s that. Hahaha! I just introduced MH to the “invert” feature in light box. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
  • Good morning, ladies!

Month/Cycle: 12/11/1st cycle AL#2

CD/DPO: 29/8(according to FF)

Timing: -4, -3, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: If I make it to next Friday without spotting/AF then I go for blood work. 

R/R: When your neighbor's rooster wakes up at 4:30 AM...you wake up at 4:30 AM. Going to need more than 1 cup of tea this morning. 

CS/Q: Temps are so rocky and not far from the coverline, I don't know what to think. I'm wondering if the progesterone is making any kind of difference.

• @ejoseph16 I am so sorry for the BFN this morning. It's still early! 

@bows22 maybe you can get something that looks like an alcoholic drink so no one questions you? I definitely get wanting to avoid rumors. 
  • @emeraldduchess oh boy! Roosters at 4:30! What a welcome noise in your last few weeks before school starts! Ugh. I had MH’s alarm that he wouldn’t wake up to at 5:30. Grrrrr... 
  • @ejoseph16 they used to have a duck, too and the rooster and duck would rile each other up all the time. 😖
    The people two houses over have horses and they are so quiet, you'd never know they were there!
  • Month/Cycle: 10 / 8 (AL)

CD/DPO: 34 / I’m not really sure... maybe 17 DPO (3 days late for AF and counting)

Timing: no idea anymore 

Typical LP length: used to be around 11-14 but it seems to be longer these last two cycles 

Testing: BFN Monday morning... I’ll test again Saturday if AF hasn’t arrived.

R/R: I’m sitting in the airport waiting for my flight. I have to travel to Chicago to give a training tonight and then I’ll be back home tomorrow. If I’m a little MIA, this is why!

I had this rough recurring dream last night about me being infertile and that I wasn’t or couldn’t ovulate. Ugh, it felt like real life. I also had a dream that one of us made it to the Grad Thread but I have no idea who lol

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bows22 ugh you’re still not feeling well?? Have you taken anything? Order a club soda at the happy hour, and tell them it’s a vodka club. They will have no idea. ♥️

@ejoseph16 ugh I’m sorry for the BFN again. It stings every time. That’s fun about the vow renewals though! How long have they been married? 

@emeraldduchess omg 4:30?!?! Is this an everyday thing?? 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bows22 So sorry you're still feeling sick! I definitely get that adding to your stress levels. I agree with others about drinking something that looks like a mixed drink. A couple years ago, I was on meds for 6 months that prevented me from drinking, and I was surprised how little people paid attention to what I was drinking. 

@ejoseph16 So sorry about BFN. And with the dress fitting-its crazy how much TTGP can put seemingly basic decisions on hold while we wait. 

@emeraldduchess Your timing is amazing! And your tennis agent nearly as rocky as mine, so I think your chart looks great! :p

@kpearse99 Will you be able to do anything fun in Chicago?

Month/Cycle: 7

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: If O day is to be believed, just -3

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Nah. Not even worth the wasted tests this cycle.

R/R: Work is streeeeeesful. My coworker just told us she's been offered an amazing opportunity in another department. While it means things will be tough for us for a while after she leaves, I am happy for her. But, our boss was terrible to her when she told her the news. I'm not planning to be in this job forever, and I never imagined that my boss would be anything but professional if/ when I quit. But this experience is just unreal and has shown me that I better be prepared for nastiness when it's my turn.

CS/Q: Not sure I believe the CH, but we'll see.

• @kpearse99 no, the rooster crowing that early doesn't usually happen (or if it does, this is the first time it's woken me up).  He crows a LOT during the day. I don't know what his actual name is, I just refer to him as Colonel Sanders. I always said if I had chickens, I'd name them Picatta, Marsala, and Parmesan. I'm twisted like that. ;)  Have a safe flight! Will you get to do any sight-seeing in Chicago or is it just training then home again?
  • @kpearse99 they are doing their renewal the day of their 10 year anniversary. It’s a Wednesday night, so this teacher is thrilled to be the matron of honor and be 1 hour from home late on a Wednesday night. But hey, I’m there no matter what! Lol @ your dream! Hopefully it’s more than 1 of us in the grad thread. But dear lord infertile? Nope! You got this! 

@shoogapoff interesting looking chart... not sure what to think about O day... 🧐
  • @shoogapoff that's crazy that your boss acted like that towards your coworker. How unprofessional! People change jobs all the time, it's part of life.  Yeesh. I am trying not to put too much stock in the rocky temps for a number of reasons.  I've definitely been fooled by a pretty chart before, and my RE said that there are a number of factors that can influence your bbt.
  • @kpearse99 I'm sorry about the dream with the ovulation thing, maybe you are the one to make it to the Grad Thread! I hope something happens soon so you can figure out this cycle. I know you said you didn't want to spend the money on Ava, is there a reason why you don't use a thermometer? It really is amazing how much you can learn with tracking cm and temperature. I know temping doesn't work well for everyone though.

@emeraldduchess I wouldn't put too much stock in the coverline, I think your chart looks great still. FX!

@ejoseph16 Sorry about the BFN

@bows22 I'm sorry you aren't 100% yet. I hope tonight goes well with coworkers.

Month/Cycle: 4/ 2 TTC, 2 Benched

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Saturday morning

R/R: I went and got a spray tan this morning in prep for a wedding I am going to on Saturday. I think I didn't do the process correctly. They have this blending lotion and another tanning lotion, I always forget which goes first and how much and where you put it. So far the tan looks like it is working, I am guessing it will be fine by Saturday.

CS/Q: Nada

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @shoogapoff I don’t have much time to too too much. I land at 11 and the training is 4-9 then I come home tomorrow morning.  My coworkers and I will go out to a bar after the training though. That sucks about your boss reacting that way. Seems pretty immature.

@emeraldduchess OMG I’m obsessed with those names for chickens 😂 I guess I’m twisted too hahaha. And no, no real time for sightseeing, unless you could my hour shuttle from the airport to the hotel! 

@m6agua I didn’t think about me being the moving to the grad thread 😂 goes to show I’m always thinking of and rooting for other people over myself, I guess haha but maaaaybe!!  And I haven’t done the temp thing because my sleep is all over the place, I’m not so sure I’d get relatable temps as I wake up so often or at a different time almost every morning. I’m sure you followed the tanning process justness fine but I keep thinking about the Friends episode where Ross kept messing up and tanning only his front half 😂😂
    Our TTC Journey

• @whitealbum29 I had no idea you could do that with FaceTime!! So fun! Have a great acupuncture session today and I hope you gals plan a fun trip for the fall! I really need to do a girls trip! 
    Our TTC Journey

• *lurking from WTO*
    I'm not even a FaceTime user and I knew that (Android all the way!) 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited August 2019
    @ejoseph16 I alllllways spend way too long staring at tests, especially on 10 DPO. That’s why I decided to hold out until Tuesday (11 dpo) but we will see if I last. 

@emeraldduchess that actually sounds kind of cool to wake up to a rooster, but not at 4:30. Hopefully he calms down!

@kpearse99 I’m sorry for the continued cycle confusion and the crappy dream, but I agree with @m6agua - hopefully the grad thread dream is about you! I am generally feeling a ton better but after I eat and in the morning I still have been spending a lot of time in the bathroom...I haven’t taken anything, I’m not a huge medicine person, but maybe I should. 

@shoogapoff that’s really crappy of your boss. Like you said at least now you will be prepared when it’s you. 

@m6agua I’m sure the spray tan will be fine! But my first thought was Ross too! At least you didn’t mess it up that bad!

@whitealbum29 what! I did not know that about FaceTime!

@ everyone  - thank you for the suggestions about the fake drink! I’m not sure that I will get to order on my own or even order for myself, so it could potentially backfire. I’m leaning toward just skipping. I honestly would rather work anyway. People might be annoyed for now but in a couple of weeks they will forget it. 

Edit because everyone isn’t a real tag
  • @whitealbum29 I had no idea you could do that. I also rarely use FaceTime though.

@kpearse99 FWIW I temp with a regular thermometer (not BBT) and don't always get quality sleep. I end up temping anywhere from 3am to 6am and miss days. I am still able to see a general temp shift, that along with tracking cm I can  typically figure out O, even if FF cannot. Now I know that isn't the case for everyone, but it can work.

@bows2 & @kpearse99 FFC, I don't know what you are talking about with Ross. I've watched Friends here and there, but never got super into it. Also I just never remember details from any TV show or movie. I enjoy them in the moment and then the information just go away. :p I know I did get my back and front and sides.  It was just the pre-tan prepping that I am pretty sure I messed up. It has been getting darker throughout the morning. I think it will be fine.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @bows22 Im sorry that you are not feeling well still! Hope you feel 100% soon! No shame on the internet searches! 🙃Tell them you're taking an antibiotic? 
    @ejoseph16 Sorry for the BFN. FX for you that it's still too early! 
    @emeraldduchess Dang rooster! I hope you can keep a steady supply of coffee going today!
    @kpearse99 I hope you have a good trip! FX for someone to join the grad board too! I hope you get some clarity soon. Jacked up cycles are torture. Dying about Ross.  😂
    @shoogapoff That's awful, everyone has the right to a better opportunity even if it makes it hard for a bit. Im sorry:/ Id probably mention it to a higher up if it were me. 
    @m6agua I hope your tan turns out well! Have fun at the wedding! I Hope you don't get to drink while you're there. 😏
    @whitealbum29 You can! I think there is just an add option on the call screen! A fall trip sounds so nice!

• @bows22 - yes just skipping is definitely an option! I used to be all about after work drinks with coworkers but these days sometimes I'm kinda like, I'm with you 45 hours a week...I have other things and relationships to attend to ya know! Haha. After work drinks are something we should go to only when we're totally enthused about it, not when we're dragging ourselves there! They'll get over it.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 

CD/DPO: 18/4

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: if I make it to 18 dpo. 

R/R: We have a busy weekend, I have to work again this weekend and then we have a couple of parties to go to. 

TW:

My half sisters baby shower is Saturday, and I wouldn’t go because she’s kind of awful. But my sister is hosting it, so it’s a family deal. And a close friends 1 year olds birthday is Sunday. None of them know we’re trying, but I’m sure they’ll all be asking about when we will have one. 💩

CS/Q:  I got woke up about 30 minutes to an hour before I was supposed to temp, it didn’t seem too wild so I kept it. Not sure if I should discard or not. 

• @photographerwife My boss's supervisor will be supervising the position my coworker is moving into, so he is aware of the interaction. He's very appropriate, and I feel like it will be addressed, which feels better. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2nd

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: -4,-2,-1

Typical LP length: around 12

Testing: may try a cheapo test tomorrow. I want to wait till early next week, but I'm getting antsy

R/R: DH and I got jury duty summons in back to back weeks!

CS/Q: nope

BabyFruit Ticker