Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 7/29

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's everything going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: Besides your e-mail (and TB!), what are 3 websites that you always check every day?

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 7/29

• Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? WW, tracking, keeping up with strength training

How's everything going? Decent. We went out for Chinese food for MH's bday on Saturday, and I was off the rails from that point forward. Reining it in today, I have a grocery delivery scheduled for tonight which will help. 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I won my Apple watch competition with my coworker! I literally had to work out every day, and I got a "perfect" week of closing all 3 rings every day for it to happen but I did it! 

GTKY: I always read People.com, I also check Ask a Manager, and Lainey Gossip. 

• Options
    @mvt2003 - Congrats on the competition!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Drinking five 16oz bottles of water and getting to barre/yoga classes at least 3x per week

How's everything going? Water...not so good, I'm on my first of the day still at almost 4pm. Working out is better, I went to a barre class and two yoga classes last week and did yoga both days this weekend. I'm working next weekend so will have to get classes in during the week. I also decided to start lifting these little five-lb. weights that I have for just 15mins on mornings when I'm not going to class and started that today so that felt good.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Made it to my 6am Friday yoga class.

GTKY: Besides your e-mail (and TB!), what are 3 websites that you always check every day? Cup of Jo, The Cut/NY Mag, The Guardian

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mvt2003 sweet victory!!

@whitealbum29 a lot of my water intake ends up being after lunch. Chug chug chug I guess 😅

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Eating fruit, less sugary drinks, more water

How's everything going? Already failing haha but my work has a healthy eating habits challenge for the month of August so I need to start now on the better intake

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I'm fairly concious to my bad decisions like drinking soda. Hopefully once the challenge starts I make a point to opt for water at dinner instead!

GTKY: Besides your e-mail (and TB!), what are 3 websites that you always check every day? Ask A Manager (although I've been slacking on my daily reading lately), and.... Facebook I guess? Even though it's through the app. I really don't look at anything else. I used to read some of the advice columns on Uexpress (like dear Abby, miss manners) but I fell out of that habit months ago.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @whitealbum29 Congrats on making it to the morning class!!! Also I love Cup of Jo too! 

@inthewoods23 I love that you're starting now for August! Great idea! Also as you know I'm a big fan of AAM, I feel like regularly reading her advice has made me a better employee! 

• Options
    @mvt2003 - Do you also stop *everything* you're doing and read Beauty Routine posts when they post one, like I do? :D Also love the Motherhood Around the World series, so fascinating!
    @inthewoods23 - Haha yes! Sometimes I'll have to do a couple bottles after work and will end up having to get up way too much to pee in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    @whitealbum29 omg yes!!! I get so many ideas from the Beauty routine posts! I also loved motherhood around the world. I’m also obsessed with their Trader Joe’s recommendations too! 

• Options

@inthewoods23 @whitealbum29 Most of my water intake ends up being after lunch. I have a 32 ounce cup, and I fill it before I leave the house in the morning. I have to drink it before I leave to go home, and then I fill it up before I walk out of work at night. That helps me keep it a little more balanced, but I do still end up with more evening drinking. 

@mvt2003 Yay for winning the competition! That always feels good! I haven't ever read  Cup of Jo, but it sounds like I should!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Drinking more water, eating a more Mediterranean Diet. 

How's everything going? Water took a bit of a dive last week when I was out of town. I still did alright, but not as consistent. I'm back on track now. For diet, I went shopping yesterday and bought salmon fillets from Costco, as well as some Ancient Grains mix to serve with the salmon. I cooked it last night. I never cook, so this was a big deal. I'm really trying!

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? The impetus for changing our diets was finally reading "It Starts with the Egg". Up until then, this past month I've been pretty apathetic about TTC, and feeling really discouraged. So this has been a good motivator to keep on trucking!

GTKY: Besides your e-mail (and TB!), what are 3 websites that you always check every day? Hmmm....I don't know that there are any websites I visit every single day. I subscribe to few blogs via a blog app, but almost always end up reading articles from Jezebel if/when I click on anything in my feed. I guess Twitter and Facebook are my next most-visited, though I limit my exposure to both of them. 

• Options
    @shoogapoff I love that you're branching out into salmon! I read a sample of It Starts with the Egg and haven't pulled the trigger on buying it yet. I felt similarly burned out about TTC for a few months, so maybe it will help keep me going! 

• Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Cutting back on refined foods and boredom snacking. Need to up my cardio again because my RHR has gone up since our move

How's everything going? Slipped up a bit (especially with boredom snacking) for a couple of months, but I'm starting it back up again!

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Did a solo hike and ate lots of fruits and veg.

GTKY: Besides your e-mail (and TB!), what are 3 websites that you always check every day?
    https://www.jungledragon.com/
    https://www.inaturalist.org/
    Facebook Messenger

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    @flowntheloop Great job working on cutting back the boredom snacking! It's one of my downfalls!

• Options
    @shoogapoff. Yay!  For cooking!  We love salmon around here, too.  Quinoa and green beans make such a nice, easy pairing.  Yummmm

<p>What healthy habit/s are you working on?  Logging, hitting my macros, water, vitamins etc </p><p>How's everything going?  Okay.  I was disappointed after working really hard at my logging and switching upnmy macros like the nutritionist said, the scale totally stalled.  I talked at length with my brother the other night and switched up my macros back so something lower carb.  I left a message for the lady to ask her about it, but no reply so I just went for it.  So far it's helping already and the scale has miraculously become un-stuck!  Go figure</p><p>What’s a “small win” you have from last week?  Logging like a boss, keeping an open mind, but honoring what I already know about my body / metabolism.  I'm glad such a simple tweak is already paying off. ;)</p><p>GTKY: Besides your e-mail (and TB!), what are 3 websites that you always check every day?  Do work websites count!???  Lol. If no, then MFP, insta and maybe the weather.  I'm a dork.</p>
  • Options
    @BusinessWife sometimes listening to your body is the hardest thing but the best thing in the end. Glad the scale is moving again!!!