March 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight Series: Skincare

Continuing with some "Non-Registry" products for this week's Product Spotlight Series.

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. If you discover something new OR are new to the board, you're welcome to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when it's their week in the spotlight.

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format--or none of them. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!This week we're talking.... Skin care!

NOTE: The Bump has a great post about Best Pregnancy Skin Care Products, so check that out--but also feel free to let us know what works/has worked for you! You can use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to.

For all...
  • What's your skin care routine like? How does/has it changed during pregnancy (this one or another)?
  • What are your fave brands/products/why?
  • Photos of your fave products (in spoilers please) & anything else you'd like to add are welcome!
To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, based off of S19's, see here: March 2020 PSS Spreadsheet!
To make a suggestions having to do w/ the PSS, leave a comment on the spreadsheet itself OR reply to the board organization thread.

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Skincare

• I could really use some help in this area! Before pregnancy I washed my face in the morning and night with a benzol peroxide wash and then applied a salicylic acid cream after. I still wash my face but use Cetaphil now and no creams. My acne is definitely starting to get worse (part of it is sunscreen use) but I’m sure a lot of it is not using the acne creams/wash anymore.  
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• My routine hasn't changed (yet, if my skin changes I guess it will), but here to rave about Drunk Elephant serums! They're clean and safe for use while pregnant. I use the vitamin C one under my day moisturizer for day and the night one after I wash my face (lately I've been so tired I just use a wipe to "wash" my face and then put the serum on). Since it's so hot out I've stopped slathering on night cream over it; it feels like too much. My skin's never been happier!
  • Loading the player...
  • @varimama I’d talk to your doc about the safety of those products in pregnancy.... my doc has no problem with some acne products if the percentage is low enough. I plan on still using topical glycolic acid to help with acne. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• kantobeankantobean member
    edited July 2019
    I bought special “pregnancy” face wash last time and it was dumb. Don’t be like me. Just use good stuff! Right now my routine is: Biossance oil cleanser (look up double cleansing if you don’t already! Game changer)
    First Aid Beauty cleanser
    Curology (my formula has clindamycin, azaelic acid, and niacinamide). All pregnancy safe)
    Youth to the People moisturizer

once in a while I use a clay mask or something

edit: also, sunscreen!! It’s crucial.