Baby Names

Girl name

Would love opinions - H and I are discussing names for baby girl and there are two we like, Evelyn and Laurel. Evelyn is a family name but I don’t like how popular it has become or the NN H would use. Last name is very common and starts with M. 

Evelyn Ruth Ann (double middle name)
Evelyn Mary (both family names)
Laurel Ruth
Laurel Frances
Laurel Evelyn
Laurel Caroline 

Thoughts? 

Re: Girl name

• Love Laurel Ruth. Evelyn is getting pretty popular. Lots of little Evelyn/Evie at least where we live. 
    If you want to use Evelyn I'd use it as the MN. Laurel Evelyn is very nice too.
    Don't worry about the NN. A lot of times they have nothing to do with the given name anyway. 
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    Laurel Evelyn. I like Evelyn as a first name but wouldn’t do it due to popularity especially with a common last name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Laurel Ann
    Mary Laurel
  • Laurel Frances or Laurel Caroline are my faves but might choose evelyn as MN for family significance if that's important.
  • Both Evelyn and Laurel are beautiful. Not a fan of double middle names. 
  • I LOVE Evelyn. I don't care for Laurel...….Laurel and Hardy comes to mind . 
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited July 2019
    Laurel Frances

I love Laurel i think it is beautiful and not used on every other girl. t reminds me of all beautiful things!

noun
    1. 1.
      any of a number of shrubs and other plants with dark green glossy leaves.
    2. 2.
      an aromatic evergreen shrub related to the bay tree, several kinds of which form forests in tropical and warm countries.
    verb
    1. 1.
      bestow an award or praise on (someone) in recognition of an achievement.
      "she will be laureled alongside politicians, historians, and other actors"
  • Laurel Frances sounds so lovely and sophisticated. 
    Agreed that Evelyn is very popular. I do have a friend named Elyn (pronounced Ellen) which could be a way to make it more unique. 
  • Laurel Frances sounds so lovely and sophisticated. 
    Agreed that Evelyn is very popular. I do have a friend named Elyn (pronounced Ellen) which could be a way to make it more unique. 
    Misspelling a name does not equal unique in a good sense. 

I’m also assuming OP has picked a name by now since this post was from July. 
  • I like Laurel Frances best