January 2020 Moms

Unpopular Opinion 7/11

Re: Unpopular Opinion 7/11

• I don't want to become Lily and Marshell from HIMYM with their 8 and up issues rule with my single/unmarried friends. But I feel like that's what I'm kinda turning into. I'm just kinda over dating drama and like i'm moving in with someone for the first time crap. Give me advice because you're married for 3 years stuff. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • I detest summer. It's barely July, and I'm counting down until October. I'm sick of the long days. The endless sum. The heat. The tourists. The blue skies that have nary a cloud. "You'll feel this way in January, too!" No. I won't. Give me back my short, dreary, chilly days so I can sit in my nerd room with a good book and a cuppa decaf tea and listen to the rain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @FyreFlyeRush I really love summer but live in the PNW so I think it's different. It's not too hot or muggy and it's easy to get outdoors and see all the beautiful scenery around!!
  • @biolprof where in the PNW are you? I'm in WA, about an hour south of Seattle. I love the weather here most of the time, though I'm a little miffed that it's still rainy in July...
  • I have lived all over the PNW. Grew up an hour north of Seattle and then lived in Vancouver BC for 7 years and now I'm 90 min south of Portland. Amazingly different across the PNW but all still beautiful in the summer!
  • @peppyj9 oh and I lived in Tacoma for college!
  • @FyreFlyRush I’m consciously trying to embrace summer but I prefer the other seasons, even in New England. One thing I hate is how weekends get so packed you can never even enjoy this relaxing summer that is supposed to be possible. I do like swimming though. 
  • I also grew up in the PNW and loved summers. Now I am in TX and hate summer. I know August is going to be worse and I am just dreading it. 

My UO, we are planning on taking new baby to Disney World or Washington DC on vacation when it’s between 3 and 6 months old depending on when MH gets back. MIL thinks we are nuts, I say it’ll be way easier because new baby won’t be mobile yet!
  • @MrsJessS, I think that's smart. We're planning a trip to NZ in July 2020. The baby will be 6mos old...which means free everywhere and still able to fit in a carrier. NO STROLLER NEEDED! I saw it as the last chance to go for several years. 
  • @MrsJessS i vote dc. Only becuase I feel like they would appreciate Disney more when they are older. DC is definitely more adulty fun if that's what you are looking for. But this is also coming from someone who grew up iin DC  :D
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @MrsJessS we took dd to germany when she was 4months old, spain at 9 months, mexico at 18 months & have been to germany again in dec past & italy last month with her. Do not let having a child stop you travelling! Sure its a different holiday to what youre maybe used to but still great!
  • @stashattack it’s a strong contender! DS will be almost 3 and we have been dying to take him to Disney. It’ll mostly depend on when MH gets back. If it’s earlier in the year Disney will win because it won’t be so dang hot!
  • @MrsJessS my h has a work conference at the Disneyland resort in May that we planned on going to before I found out I was pregnant. I think the baby will be 100 times easier to travel with than my other two kids. We are going to see if my parents or in laws will come too so I’m not stuck in a hotel room with three kids three and under during the actual conference times and we can actually go to the pool or something. 
    I agree with @leprechaunlady that while kids definitely make trips different it’s important to still try and take them. 
  • @MrsJessS didn't you mention somewhere that you grew up in central WA which is desert like? I'm guessing still not as hot as TX! I'm actually from NM which is right next to TX, so similar weather, though much drier, and I'm missing my summer heat! 
  • @leprechaunlady and @clee5711 definitely not letting kids hold me back! I’ve flown cross country with DS a couple times by myself (never with MH the lucky man). My mom also joined me for a TX so coastal SC road trip when DS turned one. And we are getting ready for a TX to WA road trip soon. My only hangup with travel is that DS is the absolute worst sleeper anywhere but his crib. He will stay awake all night and not nap. It’s insane and so exhausting. And he’s stubborn so it doesn’t get any better. I’m praying for a miracle on our upcoming vacation 
  • @MrsJessS definitely go for it! We have travelled a lot with DD, starting with Europe when she was 4 months old. When they’re little you have to stop and feed and change pretty often, but they have no opinions yet and are free- that’s an ideal travel partner IMO. 

I have heard Disney is great for infants- they have baby care centers throughout the parks and will warm bottles and such for you.