September 2019 Moms

SI joint pain, sciatica, or Pelvic Girdle Pain anyone??

Hello!! I am 30 weeks pregnant and literally stuck in bed. Every time I get up or even try to roll over I shooting pain on my right side that shoots down my lower back butt and upper thighs but doesn't go past my knees. I literally cannot walk :( anyone experienced this while pregnant and found anything to help?  Also i've been having numbness in both side of low back and through my pelvis even to the point of some bladder incontinence. (Sorry tmi I know)  previoslt diagnosed with ongoing DDD and have had SI joint issues for 10+ years along with other joint issues, arthritis, problems and connective tissue disease soooo idk if this is from pre-existing issues flaring up or something I should be more concerned with. Thanks!!! 

Re: SI joint pain, sciatica, or Pelvic Girdle Pain anyone??

• I'm no doctor, but it sounds like maybe you should consult a chiropractor or physical therapist? I always get terrible sciatic pain with pregnancy and spoke both with a PT and my 
  • KaraMG35 said:
    I'm no doctor, but it sounds like maybe you should consult a chiropractor or physical therapist? I always get terrible sciatic pain with pregnancy and spoke both with a PT and my obg and they recommended more activity, regular stretching and yoga, plus heat/cold as tolerated. It definitely helps.