How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?

Re: Group 3 Check In (12/17-12/24) w/o 7/1

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks tomorrow!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: 7/25 for anatomy scan - can’t wait, last u/s was back at 8 weeks! It’s gonna be crazy to go from a blob to a baby  

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): SI joint is flaring up, started PT. Also had acupuncture today, woo! Besides that feeling good, glad to have more energy and no more nausea. As for cravings - I see things and then I just want them: like Little Debbie Zebra Cakes. SO MUCH SUGAR. Haha. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: this east coast heatwave, I’m over it. 12 weeks until FALL!

Questions: anyone starting to feel movement? My OB said I should between now and next appt.

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame? Starting 3 posts today?!? (I kid, I kid.) Ummm... I can be spotted in a Netflix documentary?!

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/18 - Will be 16 weeks tomorrow. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 100% Pink! We did the blood test a few weeks ago but got confirmation over the weekend via ultrasound. My husband and I are the only one's who know, we will be doing a gender reveal party on July 14th.

Upcoming Appointments: Today I have a routine apt. 

Feeling emotional but nothing too bad. A lot of the same symptoms as before.

Rants/Raves:

Rave - We had a great experience at this 3d ultrasound place we went to over the weekend. Got to see the baby move around. They took a recording of her heartbeat and put it in a stuffed animal for us. It was a beautiful experience. 

Rants - Work is updating our system. We have to take a bunch of days off that are unpaid and I'm out of vacation hours. Plus the new system has so many glitches and is putting me so far behind. 

Questions: What is the best jogging stroller and convertible carseat set?

Lol yeah nothing. I've written some travel reviews back when I was a travel agent but just for my company's website. 

• Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/19 - 15w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue! Have already gotten a couple of cute little boy gifts from family members.

Upcoming Appointments: Monday 7/8 I've got an ultrasound and appointment with my doctor to confirm whether or not my ovarian cysts are growing and need to come out or not. Fingers crossed we're all good there!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I've had like a low grade headache almost every day for the last week or two. Its nothing debilitating, but its definitely exhausting. I feel like I've entered the time when I'm supposed to have a ton more energy but I just feel drained. 

Rants/Raves:

Rave - We've got an appointment to interview a doula on 7/15 and I'm already SO looking forward to it based on the call I had with her already. I'm new to the idea of a doula, but she was very much on the same page as me for most thing so I'm looking forward to meeting her. 

Rants - I feel a TON of pressure to really crush it at work right now because the work I do from now until maternity leave is almost all of what my bonus for next year will be determined on (our fiscal year starts July 1). I'm not bonus eligible for when I'm off, though I still get my base pay, so I really need to knock it out of the park to minimize the financial downside. All that comes at the same time I'm exhausted with headaches all the time. This is only a mini rant though, because really my company has excellent benefits and 5 months of mat leave, so most things are amazing.

Questions: How soon before needing it did you start looking for daycares? We're starting to look now for May because I've heard crazy stories of them being full like a year in advance.

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?  Not much! When I was like three I was in a print ad with my grandma who was doing some late in life modeling then. That's about as famous as I get! :D

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks +6

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: July 18th for the anatomy scan! and then the Midwife appointment on July 23rd

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): no real cravings right now. I'm either starving like I'm about to pass out or not hungry at all. I only gained a pound between my last 2 appointments and they were 5 weeks apart. My midwife didn't seem worried, but now I'm worrying that I'm not eating enough because I'm not hungry. Pregnancy brain is in full swing. I can't remember anything! I also don't think I'm drinking enough water and I'm trying so hard. 

Rants/Raves: My MIL is upset that I'm not going to my SIL baby shower. It's in Texas (we live in Utah) and we've had plans for that weekend for the past 2 months to take our daughter see Rodger and Hamerstine's Cinderella. Also, she wants me to take my daughter to the baby shower. I'm not canceling my plans (which my daughter has been looking forward to) and paying for 2 plane tickets to go to a baby shower and hang out with people I don't know. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame? I have nothing. I once did a kids yoga segment on the local news "living hour" or whatever they call the local talk show news hour?

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited July 2019
    @lucylivesinwa keep us posted about the upcoming dr appt, hope the cysts are non-ex-cystant. (oh man that was a bad attempt a pun)

@ashorkey my in laws notoriously don't plan things with decent notice, so awhile back we sat them down and were just like this stresses us out, and we don't enjoy backing out of prior commitments, therefore if you plan things last minute or we have other stuff we can't move we are going to have to pass. If you planned this day with your daughter first, easy peasy. Why would anyone expect you to cancel that?!

@ktmaesim I'm in Baltimore and it has been 100* or close to for the last like 10 days. It is currently 91* feels like 98* with an air quality warning. Blegh. (Also Chicago's like 70s-80 sounds like heaven to me.) Thankfully I don't have any respiratory issues, and I'm not massively huge... but this is not my cup of tea. As for shorts... let me know if you find some, I am also on the hunt. I'm sick of being over dressed in dresses every where I go - I splurged on a nice pair of AG jeans, but I know I'll wear those all while pregnant (jeans fri @ my office)  - I am hoping to find cheap shorts though.
  • @anniemarie887  Of course! I'll share if I find some. I have been eying up the Madewell maternity jeans, omgggg they are DANG cute! But also a big splurge and I am not putting on jeans until absolutely mandatory! Thought & Prayers to you for that hot weather! Ours has been closer to the 90's the last week or two and I'm terrified to get our fist AirCon bill haha!
  • @mrszoobear that is really awesome about the ultrasound and the stuffed animal, but sorry about your work, that sucks.
    @lucylivesinwa I hope you get good results with your appointment and hope you get relief from your headaches!
    @ashorley I hope you enjoy your plans guilt free and your MIL gets over it.

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/22 15 w 2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM dd is 8 ds is 6

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue.  We have told close family, but waiting on AS for confirmation before buying too much.

Upcoming Appointments:  I had one today.  Everything is measuring how it should and I scheduled my AS for later this month.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):   I generally am not feeling well.  It doesn’t help I have had a horrible cold/ cough (therefore peeing myself often, lol)  nausea is at least manageable with medication.  Cravings, lately are snow cones and soft serve ice cream.

Rants/Raves: Hearing the HB today means I have surpassed all my bad milestones, so I feel good.  Plus I am starting to feel flutters pretty regularly, so I am feeling less anxious.

Questions: none 

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?  My senior pictures were used for advertising by the photographer.

• @holly321 - I'm so sorry your symptoms are still bad! Hopefully things start to turn around soon. Its super cool that you are already feeling the baby flutters! 
  • Following up on my earlier post - After seeing my doctor today I'm a little nervous. My blood pressure has been high every time I went into the obgyn including today. Doc says if its stays this high throughout, he will make me have the baby at 38 weeks. I have been having bad headaches and swollen feet too so I'm stressing a little about the possibility of preeclampsia. 

My doula recommended me upping my protein intake to try and help get my blood pressure down. It can't hurt. I haven't been eating much more then fruits and veggies since my food aversions have been so strong. I have some protein shakes I haven't been drinking lately, so I put those on the fridge and will try that. 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully it helps.
  • @mrszoobear have to checked your blood pressure while not at the doctors office?
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited July 2019
    @mrszoobear sorry you’re dealing with that! Besides upping protein did your doula talk
    about other dietary stuff? All the fruits and veggies (esp leafy greens) are good for BP from what I understand. 
  • @mrszoobear my BP has been high every doc appt as well. I get extremely nervous and he had me start monitoring it at home (where it has been completely normal!) do you think it’s just nerves? Hope so!  Those foods do sound helpful 
  • @holly321, @anniemarie887, @ktmaesim -

Yeah, they did have me monitor it at home and it is a tad high. The more protein is the only suggestion the doula had. My diet otherwise is extremely healthy. It's hard to go wrong when what you crave is raw veggies, fruit and the occasional seafood (crabmeat and salmon mostly).

But I have been EXTREMELY stressed out lately, so I'm hoping once things get easier that it will go back to normal. 
  • @mrszoobear I caught you posting about some stressful work stuff, which I’m sure is not helping at all. I hope you can relax over the holiday. 
  • My due date is 12/19 and I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. My husband and I are first time parents, and we're looking forward to finding out our baby's sex in early August at our anatomy scan. We have a regular ob appointment at the end of this month. 
    I don't really have any symptoms at all, and definitely no cravings. I occasionally get headaches, but I think that's more related to my reduced caffeine intake than anything else. 
    Does anyone else really want to sit around a fire and have a beer? A nice, juicy IPA? Or a tart summer sour? I don't crave it, but I'd really really like that as we're having these warm summer nights. 
    Also, anyone else not showing at all yet? My stomach feels...thicker...but there's definitely no bump. And no flutters yet, either... my ob has done three ultrasounds so far, (I feel really lucky but i think I'm going to be upset when I get my global bill from my insurance at the end of all of this!), so I feel like things are going well. It's just that I'd like for this little kid to be a bit more present in the next few weeks.
  • rlbost25rlbost25 member
    edited July 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks 3 days, Due December 19

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue! Found out at 14.5 weeks when we did chromosomal screening

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday, July 9

I think I am finally over the nausea! Yesterday and today have been the best days I have felt as far as feeling more like myself since 6 weeks. Craving crunchy salads and definitely anything chocolate. Odd if you ask me. Just realized I shouldn’t be eating Caesar dressing :( but it tastes so good. Have had some odd dreams lately and still have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night usually once.

Rants/Raves: My pastor at church hadn’t seen me for three weeks since we’ve been out of town this summer. I saw him last week and he said to my husband and I, “You two look like you have some news...” we hadn’t told anyone at church that I was pregnant so I guess I’m showing more than I thought but I was a little irritated he said that....like what if I was just gaining weight! 

Questions:

Anyone feeling movement!? Now that I feel better I’m anxious to have a symptom to help me feel pregnant. It scares me that I feel pretty normal even though I know the second trimester is supposed to be nice. Want those flutters to start so I know he’s doing ok.

My high school was on that MTV show Made! I’m in one clip but it’s high school so who wants to go back and relive those years!