Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?

Re: Group 1 Check In (12/1-12/8) w/o 7/1

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 18W1D

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM with 8yo DD

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink, getting excited as we pulled out some of our saved baby clothes from last time- she’s going to be just as adorable as big sis ❤️

Upcoming Appointments: 7/17 for anatomy ultrasound in the radiology lab.  So far, all tests have been fine, so I’m curious to see a more detailed ultrasound at this point.  Excited!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Always tired, easily stressed out, emotionally ramped up, you name it.  I still feel bloated a lot of the time, water retention around the body.  Sleeping at night has been a challenge lately- my husband has had a cold and was snoring terribly!  

I’ve actually added more yoga back into my week, so that’s been making me feel better.  

Rants/Raves: When people know you’re pregnant, it seems like they either ask too many personal questions (or get a little too touchy feely) or they just ignore the fact that you’re pregnant and act like jerks.  Again, my almost all-male workplace astounds me with this stuff, particularly since some of these people are my relatives.  😛  

Rave: I had pizza with green olives on it last night (gluten free crust for less itchy legs) and it was awesome!  I just love those green olives!!!  

Questions:  I threw this out on the question thread but would love a little feedback/experience stories from our smaller group:  

Is anybody thinking about epidurals yet?  No judgement to those who choose to have one, first off.  I’m seriously considering going natural this time.  With my first pregnancy, I showed up at the hospital in the middle of the night, already at 7CM. I was taken into a room, still having contractions, and they gave me an IV and an epidural. My labor came to a screeching hault. They basically stopped my labor and fit me into the doctor’s schedule! I didn’t get to try to deliver until the following afternoon, about 14 hours from when I came in, even though I believe I was ready to go when I arrived.  Anybody else considering natural or low meds birth?

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?  

My claim to fame is probably my red hair.  I’m also really good at improvising vegetarian dishes based on non-vegetarian comfort foods!  I also sing and play piano ❤️

• @cpk3535 are you a vegetarian?  I am, and have been for over 20 years🥕
    I don't have any decisions to make about an epidural because I need to have a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks.  This is because I had a uterine surgery several years ago to remove fibroids.  There's no other option for me really because if I were to go into labor, my uterus could rupture.  Not an ideal situation, but on the plus side,  I know exactly when she will be here and I even have her birthdate entered in my calendar!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 17w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM...1 and only!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments:  Anatomy Scan and 20wk appointment on 7/23

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): A little tired, but pretty good.  I was having headaches but I think they were sinus related and they seem to be clearing up.  Nausea if I'm not careful about what I'm eating.  I feel best when I eat small, frequent, protein-rich meals.

Rants/Raves:  I'm off work for 2 weeks and loving every minute!  I'm a teacher, so the fact that I don't get the whole summer off kind of stinks, but I do get 6 weeks off throughout the year so I really can't complain.

Questions:  How much time are you all planning to take for maternity leave?

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?  I have a great memory for useless information.  It helps for trivia.  Or if a friend or family member is trying to remember a random detail from years ago.

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/5 17w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM to an 8yo big bro

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: 7/16 for anatomy scan. He looks great so far but we skipped the NIPT so I’m a little anxious.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): My bleeding came back Saturday afternoon. Another run down my legs episode. I was fine and so was baby Friday at our appt so I wasn’t completely panicking but I did call the office to get reassurance before making the trip to Florida. It’s slowed down finally but now my belly is super tender from the irritation. I’m also super paranoid now that what I’ve assumed was baby boy rolling has been early Braxton Hicks? Anyone had these or have an idea?

Rants/Raves: We made it to Florida and it’s gorgeous! I can eat whatever I want and don’t look fat 😉 my rant is I can’t have any drinks. Everyone is sipping beer at the beach and mixed drinks at dinner and I’m over here with a virgin Bloody Mary this morning. This is the first family vacation in years that I have been alcohol free- that sounds bad lol

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame? I’ve been known to be a super sleuth. Everyone says I should be a private detective. Not sure that’s a compliment but I have a knack for finding info on people or things that others seem to have trouble finding 

• @cpk3535 I’m a wuss when it comes to pain, especially in my stomach, so I don’t think I could attempt a drug free labor. I think those who can are rockstars and I’m envious. That’s an interesting point about it slowing labor though. I was induced with ods and I think that played a part in the speed of things but I had an epidural and it took me 14 hours to progress enough to push when things had been moving fairly well beforehand. I just read an article about the risks of epidurals and that was on the list. I wish I were a brave enough to attempt drug free.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12-4/17w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: 7/10 anatomy scan

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): crappy. I guess that's not completely true. I have more energy. I still feel like vomiting if I miss my meds or don't eat enough, though. Frustrated with everything. No cravings, though. 

Rants/Raves: part of my frustration is DH's involvement in a community theater production. He's tech directing and has basically been living at the theater in the evenings these past few weeks so it's just me and a toddler. 

Questions: some friends just found out they're getting a baby girl - they've been trying to adopt for a little while now. Any suggestions for a helpful gift for them? They already have 2 girls so probably don't need much gear.

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame? Idk. I'm good at making things (sewing, bath bombs, crafts).

• @blueskychicago12 I’m veg too! My whole family is, so I was raised that way 🥗

EDD/Weeks + Days: 17w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink 💖

Upcoming Appointments: 7/8 with the midwife and 7/17 for my anatomy scan!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good. I was out a lot yesterday and felt super beat by the end of the day. It’s kind of frustrating to go from running marathons to being winded by a flight of stairs 🥵

Rants/Raves: Had the best ultrasound today! I found out at 8 weeks that I have a bicornuate uterus, and doc said that meant they’d have to keep an eye on my cervical length in the second trimester to make sure I don’t have an incompetent cervix. It crushed me at the time. But I just had my first cervical measurement today, and everything looks excellent! And the other things I was worried about (blood pressure, not gaining enough) looked great today as well. I am so, so, so overjoyed 🥰

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame? I’m known as the toughest teacher in my middle school 👩‍🏫 The kids will probably be pretty happy in September to find out I won’t be there for some of next year haha

• EDD/Weeks + Days:     12/8   /  17 weeks 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  We'll schedule our anatomy ultrasound for the week of 7/22, the plan is to find out. 

Upcoming Appointments: 18 week appointment on  7/9 then anatomy ultrasound two weeks later

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  I have been having frequent, strong headaches.   Tylenol doesn't provide any relief and they usually seem to last multiple hours at a time (the shortest has been 6 hours).  I'll be bringing it up at my appointment next week because they are horrible.  Finally starting to feel relief from the nausea, it's still occasional but not as frequent as it had been. 

Rants/Raves:  My 2.5 year old (who I don't think understands yet they we're having a baby) has randomly started saying "I love my baby sister".  We haven't found out yet, but I kinda hope he's right :)    Although I would be happy being a mom of three boys too :) 

Questions:   What is everyone doing for the 4th?    We were initially planning to take our boys to a hotel with an indoor water park but had a death in the family which had us in a hotel last week with a pool/water park nearby, so since we did that last week we're staying local for the long weekend. 

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?  I made amazing deviled eggs.  We do pot lucks at work often and they are regularly requested by so many in our office.   

I also like to claim that I'm an amazing match maker.   I'm in charge of housing assignments for a mid-sized public university and often hear from parents and students about how much they love their roommates and/or suitemates they've been assigned with. 

cpk3535  I had back labor with my first that lasted 18 hours and the only relief was to have an epidural so I got an epidural on the latter stretch of labor because I couldn't handle the back pain anymore.    With my second I got an epidural but my labor was fast (3 hours from start to baby in our arms) and I tried waiting it out that the epidural took much longer to kick in - thankfully it kicked in right before I was starting to push.  Which kinda makes me laugh and think maybe I should have tried to push through it without one. 

I've considered with this being baby #3 and likely our last that I may go without meds this time around, plus my OB joked after #2 that we may need to camp out at the hospital the last week if we had another since we progressed so quickly. 

blueskychicago12   I am planning to take 10-12 weeks off but will only have to use 8-10 weeks of my time accrual.  I work for a University that closed for 2 weeks over winter break, baby is due the week before University closes, so I'll get to add those 2 weeks onto whatever time I choose to take.

With my first I took 6 weeks off and my second I took 8 weeks off, everywhere I have worked we had to use our vacation and sick time if we wanted paid time away so I always used what I had built up.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @allison_smith_6212 sorry to hear about your headaches.  I was struggling with headaches that didnt respond to Tylenol, as well.  Have you been congested?  I was waking up stuffy and I think the sinus pressure was causing my headaches. Not sure which OTC decongestants, if any, are safe for pregnancy, but I got some relief from warm showers and warm compresses on my forehead.
    I'm planning something similar for my maternity leave; 12 weeks total but only about 9 weeks of my PTO since there will be some holiday breaks in there since I also work at a school. Pretty good timing, and it turns out!
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 18w

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 💕

Upcoming Appointments: 7/15 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I’m okay... but physical symptoms got a little harder this week. I’m having weird pains in my back and hips sort of around the back and side of the pelvis. I can only describe it as a stretching, aching feeling. I have a small frame so I think it’s just everything making room for baby growing. It’s making it harder to sleep now. I’m feeling anxious about what that means for the rest of my pregnancy when I’m like real big, if it’s already happening this early! Yikes. 😭 I am more like myself mentally which is good but still so tired in the afternoon and evening. Also forgetful at times. I noticed my moods shift quickly lately as well. All this is still better than the nausea I had!! 

Rants/Raves: Wow people say the weirdest stuff to you when you’re pregnant! (Just like you were saying @cpk3535) Either they get too personal about your body or decide to tell you their horror labor stories!! It’s kinda funny. I’m also starting to feel like people only want to talk to me about pregnancy which gets annoying. I definitely want people to acknowledge it and be interested but then move on to other conversation. It makes me feel like a spectacle sometimes, and like people can’t just see me as me! 

Questions: Does anyone suggest a pregnancy pillow for back and hip aches? I know I'm starting to need more support. Some look so intense and I have no idea what get!

• @allison_smith_6212 I was having horrible headaches where I was crying. Dr. told me to take Benadryl at night. It has made a world of a difference and it helps me sleep through the night. I wake up feeling great! 
  • baby_love7baby_love7 member
    edited July 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days: 18W

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: 7/17 for anatomy ultrasound 😊😊😊

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I’m feeling good! Just crying over nothing. I’m actually having a hard time eating.  I’m so hungry but it feels like my food gets stuck in my chest. I want to eat more but there’s no room and it’s coming back up  

Rants/Raves: Went to the Lake of the Ozarks last weekend and got booze spilled all over me on a very bumpy ride. I was all sticky, sunburnt, and tired of the drunk people  

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your claim to fame?  I dance! I tried out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and was an Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader finalist. Decided I was really really in love with my now husband, so I stayed in Nebraska. I coached a high school dance team for 3 years, and have been on the dance team for a pro indoor football team called the Omaha Beef (🐮 lol) for the past 5 years! 

• @baby_love7 How cool! I’ve always secretly wished I could cheer or dance. I was too chicken to tumble.

@cpk3535 I did the bathtub pack n play trick. The mattress was what needed the deep clean so I did 2 soaks. They were both an hour and it wasn’t until afterwards that I realized the mattress piece is like cardboard? Is yours like this? Now I’m paranoid that it’s going to be flimsy and unsafe to use. It was so water logged that I left it out overnight and it’s still not totally dry!
  • @k_mama91 Yes, that’s what I was worried about, too!  The mattress was really heavy, so I laid a beach towel down and walked on it to press some of the water out.  It’s dry now, but what the heck is inside that thing?  I’m assuming they put something that a baby could spill/leak on, but it does just seem like the consistency of particle board or something, which might break down from getting completely soaked a few times...

@allison_smith_6212 I’ll take a plate of your famous deviled eggs, please!  Love them 😋

@blueskychicago12 I have been on many different healthy diets over the years, including vegan, vegetarian, keto (I try to use some of its tactics for controlling my epilepsy), etc.  I always try to stay plant based, and if I am eating meat, I keep it to a minimum and clean.  At the moment, during this pregnancy, I’m not eating completely vegetarian, probably 85-90% 😊👍.  Flexitarian? 😉
  • @cpk3535 Yes! I have no idea what they’ve got in there but after drying in the sun all day it seems to be fine, thankfully. I guess pregnancy brain got to me and I forgot that when I use it with the bottom raised up it has support rods under the mattress. In my mind I was picturing the whole thing buckling with baby on it 🤦‍♀️ 
  • blueskychicago12 I have seasonal allergies but haven't noticed much congestion.   I planned to ask my doctor at my appointment tomorrow what allergy medicine is okay to take. 

cpk3535  I'm just glad that I can continue to have deviled eggs during pregnancy, there's so many random foods that I really want that I can't have but that's okay to enjoy :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker