February 2020 Moms
Options

July Symptoms

Re: July Symptoms

• Options
    Has anybody used the sea bands/motion/MS wrist bands? If so how was your experience?
    I bought a pair from CVS and today was the first day I've used it but it seemed to help a little with the nausea. The ones I bought look like little sweatbands which I wish were a teeny bit more discreet looking if I want to wear them at work lol.
  • Options
    Tired...fatigue.....so tired. I usually garden for hours outside and now I have to take a breath in between each weed I pull up or piece of dirt I move. Everything I do feels like I'm in slow motion. I sit down with a cup of coffee at 8, take a sip, and it's 10. My 3 yro is having some sort of sympathy symptoms and feels the need to "not feel good" and "sick" with me so I have to hide it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No symptoms here... I sure hope everything is ok. My boobs just hurt a little. 
  • Options
    nhh11nhh11 member
    @summer_babysprout how far along aren’t you??  I’m 9w1d and have had pretty manageable symptoms. Very little MS (I feel so lucky but I guess it could be coming), just mostly tender breasts, gas (sorry), ACNE!, fatigue, and just cannot concentrate at work. I figure everyone will understand once I share the news. I have ADHD and stopped taking my Vyvanse as soon as I found out, so goodbye, productivity! Anyone else dealing with that?? 
  • Options
    I am fairly certain I am getting strep throat! My throat and neck are so sore. And a slight fever. Just to add to all of these fun pregnancy symptoms 
  • Options
    @babyroma I’m all about the Sea Bands! They make a difference for me for sure. I’m too scared to test if I still need them. I’ll probably be wearing mine until 12 weeks. 
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @babyroma seabands did nothing for me - i thought they made me feel more sick, but I could be wearing them wrong!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    Morning everyone! Currently sitting at work exhausted and just want to go home and sleep. Had to share because I’m pretending to be productive here lol. 

Otherwise, threw up for the first time this week and the constant nausea and food aversions are continuing. Worst of all and sorry for the TMI but apparently the progesterone is doing a number on my stomach and when I can summon the courage to eat the food goes right through me. Nervous to stop the progesterone soon but very excited.

@babyroma I wanted the bans but skipped them for the same reason - don’t want people at work asking about them. My acupuncturist sometimes gives me acupressure stickers that have a very small needle - they look like a band aid. Planning to ask her for some because they’re really discrete. Maybe you could find some on Amazon or somewhere. 

Have a good day all! 
  • Options
    I’m so nauseated  :s
  • Options
    Can violent vomiting cause spotting? I was so sick on Monday. Constantly throwing up to the point I was throwing up bile because my stomach was empty but I still kept having to puke all the time. I jokingly told DH that I felt like I pulled some stomach muscles cause I was puking so hard. Yesterday and today I’ve had brown and sometimes pink spotting. I feel like this *has* to be a result of Monday’s vom-fest but I can’t really find any info on this. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m just trying not to freak and rationalize this. I’m 9w3d. 
  • Options
    @optimism3
    That's interesting! I've never done any kind of acupuncture with needles. I'm surprised I havent raised more suspicions around my work team. Theres definitely been an increase of 7up drinking and I've been rocking the bands for a couple of work days now. Only wearing one of them at a time. Then again, it took the coworkers about a week to notice my ring when I got engaged! Haha
  • Options
    So energy is supposed to come back in the 2nd trimester? Because guh....I am exhausted all the time and I've been going to bed by 830 a lot this week! Lol
  • Options
    @babyroma, yes generally 2nd tri has much more energy. I have been napping every day when my 2 year old sleeps and going to bed by 9:00 but that’s not an unusual bedtime for me lo
  • Options
    I have been napping during lunch at work most days and still going to bed by 9. Pre-pregnancy I had no problem staying up until hubby got home at 10:30 for a quick hello and a kiss before bed, but I haven't managed it a single day this week. Last night he had to wake me up off the couch (where I fell asleep around 8 while reading) and drag me to bed.
  • Options
    @noxacanthus I felt a little guilty today. My company was having a happy hour event and I RSVPed a while ago with a no. 
    My coworker was trying to convince me to come anyway. I'm just not a bar person in general and the honest to god truth was I just want to go home and sleep!! I haven't told them I'm expecting yet. 
  • Options
    Man....I jinxed myself when I told people "the morning sickness isnt that bad!" Everyday that goes by I feel more and more symptoms of it lol
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 same! I am also ready for my motivation to come back. My phone broke and the Internet was not working at work so I couldn’t get on the Bump the last several days. You would think it would force me to do more work, but nope, I sort of just sat there, staring at my screen. Phone is back in business so I can spend time on the Internet! 
  • Options
    nhh11nhh11 member
    So good to hear that I’m not the only one dealing with a lack of motivation!! It’s terrible lol. I spend my day scrolling the message boards and googling every random “XYZ when pregnant” question that pops into my head 😂

Anyone have a recommendation for an app to track nutrition and food during pregnancy? I just found one called “Wholesome” but haven’t explored it yet. 

@rikiteacup thanks for the Gas-X rec! I am going to pick some up today. 
  • Options
    Anyone else getting swamp crotch yet? 🤢
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe Oh no!!! Is there any way to help that? 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    22ksi222ksi2 member
    I’m just proud that I had both fruit and vegetables in one day and kept them down. Gotta vary the beige diet I had going on 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I feel you! That’s why I never post on the weekends. My kids either need me or are playing games on my phone! 

@daffodil_shoe omg, yes, me. Started last week. It sucks! 
  • Options
    @kives22020 The other day I ate a side salad with my chicken and rice dinner and I was SUPER PROUD of myself. This is from someone who ate super healthy up until about 4 weeks ago, haha.
  • Options
    @Swiftlet That's so scary! Glad both babies are looking healthy! 
    TW
  • Options
    nhh11nhh11 member
    @Swiftlet so glad things look okay!! And don’t feel bad leaving work - you’re being a good mama taking care of those babies and yourself! I’m glad they could fit you in today. 
  • Options
    nhh11nhh11 member
    @daffodil_shoe @therealbitts dare I ask what swamp crotch is?? And while we’re at it, can someone re-explain lightening crotch?  
    (Feel free to tell me I’m better off not knowing! 😂)
  • Options
    @nhh11 it’s that lovely pregnancy symptom where things get extra moist down there. Super attractive.
  • Options
    @Swiftlet I’m so happy that they were able to get you in quickly and of course, that everyone is okay!

What are you ladies wearing to conceal the bloat? I’m petite and usually wear pretty form fitting tops. Idk what to wear anymore. I’m only 8 weeks but this bloat is making me look pregnant already. I don’t want to share the news with anyone until maybe closer to 20 weeks. Help! I don’t remember what I did last time? Or maybe the styles were different then? This high waisted, crop top trend is not helping. 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I've been doing a little "french tuck" with my shirts.

TW
  • Options
    @doodleoodle tunics and leggings work for me. Or I use the belly band sometimes since I’m in this awkward in between phase with my regular clothes v maternity 
  • Options
    @brookert615 okay.... I love that! I like the top in the example too because it will work when the weather gets cooler. You can just wear it’s open then with a maternity tank underneath. Score! 

@therealbitts I feel like tunics just highlight the bloat! Maybe I’m doing it wrong lol
  • Options
    @doodleoodle Yes! I love doing the french tuck and it's in style so you'll just look trendy haha.
    TW
  • Options
    @pigsforpoland I just gagged reading about your dream about brushing your teeth 🤣 it only happens for me in the morning, and at the very end when I’m about to spit. Can’t wait until brushing my teeth in the morning isn’t terrifying haha

There’s too many of you to tag but I too have no motivation and have basically given up at work. I’m usually in beast mode all week long and I don’t think anyone has caught on yet but I’m sure they’ll understand when I finally tell them the news! I just left 2 hours early so I can go home and take a nap. 🙈
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I'm also a petite lady and my pants are starting to get tight... I have enough tops that aren't too form fitting that I've been cycling through those and hoping no one notices, haha. But my boobs are like five times their usual size (and I didn't start with little ones, either!) which is making my top fitting more of a struggle. I don't really know what to do about the bottom half situation since I can't wear leggings to work and it's hot as heck outside. I've started to look into some petite maternity clothes - let me know if you find a brand you like!