1st Trimester

HCG numbers

Hi all 
On May 29 i had my HCG drawn and my number was 25 
Today June 3 (5days later) my number is 125..doubling approximately 50 hours. I ovulated on day 14 bht my cycle length is 32 days. So i could've implanted a bit later. Do these numbers look normal??

Re: HCG numbers

• I know its supposed to double every 2/3 days. Did they seem worried when they gave you results?
  • Mine were 100 on 3 weeks 6 days and 242 on 4+1
  • Loading the player...
  • No they didn't seem concerned..im going for another draw tomorrow just to make sure they are increasing 

• *Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Based on my LMP I'm 6wks 1dy. I was experiencing brown discharge and went to the er. For them I'm measuring at 4wks 7days and a hcg of 1550. I was actually told to brace for a miscarriage. Any advice??? I see my OB Thursday to retest my hcg level
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    Based on my LMP I'm 6wks 1dy. I was experiencing brown discharge and went to the er. For them I'm measuring at 4wks 7days and a hcg of 1550. I was actually told to brace for a miscarriage. Any advice??? I see my OB Thursday to retest my hcg level
    I'm really sorry you're going through this. But there's little point in going to the ER unless something would indicate that your health is in peril. Like heavy bleeding or running a fever or something like that. *TW* Generally, for early miscarriages, there's basically nothing they can do besides send you a big bill, do a blood draw, and tell you to be on pelvic rest and see your OB. People do and it's not wrong to--and you should always err on the side of caution--but people rarely get much from it. Your OB is always going to be your best source for someone well-versed in pregnancy. 

As for your specific situation, brown spotting is not uncommon. There's increased blood flow to the area so it could be something as simple as an irritated cervix. Brown and no cramps are both good signs. Your HCG wouldn't be unusual for 4+7. As for dating of this pregnancy, how certain are you of your ovulation date? Were you temping?

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • At 5w1d my were 2500. 5w3 they were 4600, I hope this is a good rise. I experienced a mmc with my first in April and I'm a ball of nerves.