1st Trimester

High heart rate early symptom

I’m 5 1/2 weeks and have been feeling mostly mild symptoms except today my heart rate has gone through the roof. I normally have a resting heart rate of 60 and I’ve been counting around 80-95 all day. Is this much of a jump normal? How do I know when it’s an issue?

Re: High heart rate early symptom

• I’m 5 1/2 weeks and have been feeling mostly mild symptoms except today my heart rate has gone through the roof. I normally have a resting heart rate of 60 and I’ve been counting around 80-95 all day. Is this much of a jump normal? How do I know when it’s an issue?
    If you are concerned call your doctor's office and talk to the nurses line.  
  • I had that as a first trimester symptom and my doc wasn't concerned as along as it wasn't above 100 consistently. But, I agree with @harpseal135 that its a good idea to call your OB's office to get their recommendation. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Loading the player...
  • A heart rate of 85-90 is normal range for an adult and is not “through the roof.” It becomes an issue if you have palpitations, feel lightheaded/dizzy, or your heart rate is irregular. It’s best to discuss with your provider, though.