Infertility

July 2019 FET

Re: July 2019 FET

• akak23akak23 member
    @LauraJon2015 welcome! I totally feel you on the waiting, it’s been 8 months since I started my first and failed IVF. It feels good to be moving forward and you have extra embabies to work with for your second cycle. 

@ladyp0tter how did your PGS testing come back? My doctor recommends CoQ10, fish oil, prenatals, calcium, and vitamin D & C. I’ve also started taking aspirin in preparation for my FET. 

@littleredm congrats!! It feels so good to have a date, let us know how the process goes for you. And I totally agree - all the waiting is like torture.

I went in today for bloodwork to test my estrogen since I started wearing the patches. I was at 500 and my nurse said you just need to be over 300 to transfer so my body is responding well to the medication. I go back on Tuesday for my lining check, if it looks good then I’ll add on the endometrin, medrol and PIO. My tentative FET is July 9th and I am so ready!
  • edited July 2019
    Hey everyone! I'll be doing my FET on the 18th if everything looks good at my monitoring appointments leading up to then. I started estradiol pills 3x/day on 6/26 and I have my first monitoring appointment on Friday.

---Trigger Warning--- Some background: this is my 3rd FET. We did a freeze all IVF cycle in 2016 and ended up with 7 PGS normal embryos. We did our first FET in Sep 2016 and were successful. My daughter just turned 2 at the end of May <3 Our 2nd FET was this past April and didn't stick. I needed a month off after that to recover emotionally (and financially) and now we are back at it. We've transferred 1 embryo for each of our FETs and will be transferring 1 this time as well.

I know a lot of you here have been through multiple FETs at this point. It's exhausting but so worth it in the end. Fingers crossed this will be our month!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone 👋 I just had my first egg retrieval this morning. Waiting to hear tomorrow how many mature & fertilized but 35 eggs retrieved. Just wondering how many days after your retrieval were you able to do your FET? Because it’s summer, I’ve got several trips and social things arranged but hoping I can do the transfer end of this month? Thanks x 
  • @nancinator Each of my FETs have been about a 2 month process because my RE always wants me on BCP starting on CD3 for a minimum of 2-3 weeks before starting estradiol, then it's another 3 weeks until FET after that.

• @wifeinraleigh28 thanks! I will ask my nurse today although I guess it all depends on when my period comes. I remember my doctor saying I will do a “natural” unmediated FET. Good luck for the 18th - very exciting ❤️

• mrsjones91716mrsjones91716 member
    edited July 2019
    Starting estrogen July 4th.  First monitoring appointment July 10 then another July 17.  I'm guessing transfer around July 23rd now, later than I thought but trying to be patient!  AND still waiting to hear what to do about our PGS 'indeterminate' embryo.  I'm so excited to transfer one of these girls but if it doesn't work I've heard it's that much more devastating when you know the sex, and even more so probably since it is my desired gender.
    Me: 35 DH: 40
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    Dx: MFI
    DH varicocele repair 4/2018
    ER #1: 2/20/19; 7R/7M/7F/1D5B/1D6B (participated in a study so lower med protocol)
    2/25/19: ET #1 BFN
    4/24/19: FET #1 BFN
    ER #2: 6/9/19; 10R/8M/6F/3D5B/3D6B
    2 PGS 'NORMAL' GIRLS, 1 'indeterminate' GIRL
    7/30/19 FET #2 (Transfer #3): BFP??! EDD 4/16/20
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @nancinator Natural FETs are kind of foreign to me but I'm sure it'll go much faster and will just depend on when you get your period. I hope everything moves along smoothly and you'll be joining us in July!

@mrsjones91716 We've known the sex for all of our FETs. I think it just depends on the person but yes it was extremely devastating when our last FET didn't work. Not sure it would have been any less devastating though if we didn't know the sex, since I haven't experienced that. This upcoming FET is the same sex as our last failed transfer (a boy) and I'm really hoping we can take him home this time. :heart:

• @wifeinraleigh28, my first failed transfer was definitely more devastating than my second failed one and I didn't know the sex for either of those.  I think the first was so devastating because as far as we know we are male factor only so I really was expecting it to work.  After that the second one I was more ambivalent because I felt like IVF was more of a crapshoot than guarantee. 
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    ER #1: 2/20/19; 7R/7M/7F/1D5B/1D6B (participated in a study so lower med protocol)
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @mrsjones91716 I think I'm going into this one expecting it to not work since the last one didn't, which I know isn't the best mindset but I'm having a really hard time being hopeful. I need to work this out in my mind because I want to be excited. We are male factor as well, so I was shocked when it didn't work last time (and everything was so identical to our first successful transfer... same lining, similar estrogen levels, exact same protocol, similar embryo quality... I was so confused). So yeah, I've definitely learned just how much of a crapshoot this is! I sure hope you don't have to experience another failed transfer, ugh.

• Hi everyone. I will be starting a new cycle next week if I get my period on time. We just tested our remaining 7 embryos, they were tested yesterday and should get the results next Friday. 
    We switched fertility clinics due to medical mistakes at my last clinic (RMA) now at IRMS. We started the process last August, egg retrieval last October - 10 5 day embryos. First cycle didn’t work, second cycle was cancelled a few days prior to transfer as there was fluid in uterus and thin lining so they scheduled me for surgery with a scope and D&C and fixed a csection defect and did endometrial biopsy. It showed endometritis which they cleared up with antibiotics. Surgery was beginning of February. Then we did another cycle (transfer 2 cycle 3) and we got pregnant. My numbers were 24, 44, 95 and they said weren’t doubling correctly and had me stop all medication and miscarry at home. The next cycle (transfer 3 cycle 4) was the same protocol except last cycle they didn’t have me take the trigger shot which I mentioned to my doctor and she said they should have and maybe that’s why I miscarried. They had me do a stimming protocol without the retrieval for my protocol before transfer. This doctor doesn’t not believe that should have been done. I got pregnant again with the FET after the miscarriage. This time they said my numbers were great taken a day early due to flights 53, 96, 149, 253, (the middle numbers weren’t doubling appropriately they said), then it went 800, 1300, 1900, 2100, 2500 etc. They started talking about ectopic very early on because they are so obsessed with numbers. When we went in for first ultrasound the dr at location for weekend monitoring states I had ectopic in my tube and got another dr to come in to agree with her. We were devastated. I had cysts everywhere and in pain from stimming with the protocol. They did see a sac measuring 2.5 in my uterus that she said was just a cyst fluid filled sac. They told us we had to take the methotrexate shots in the office before my tube ruptured. I didn’t want to do it. Ultimately I was forced to do it and did it. We went back in for monitoring at normal location on Monday and showed sac and yolk sac in uterus and this monitoring dr was shocked I was given methotrexate (cancer medication for ectopic) as I am clearly pregnant in the uterus. We were in and out of the hospital. I won’t get into all the details but I had my obgyn take over care due to RMA’s major mistakes.  I had to have a D&C and they biopsy the embryo. The results were a genetically normal baby boy. Devastating. 

On to the new journey, met with new doctor at IRMS and she knows everything that has happened. I had a saline ultrasound and endometrial biopsy three weeks ago and all came back normal. We did another sperm analysis, my husband has had 0% morphology and normal motility and count but this time 2% morphology and very low count. We decided to thaw test and refreeze the remaining 7 embryos as this doctor recommended. I should get my period by July 8th if it comes on time. We couldn’t try for 3 months due to methotrexate in my body. I’ve had several side effects from it. This cycle she is doing a different protocol and doesn’t agree with the protocol the place had me on. My transfer should be around July 29th. 

Who else is having a transfer around 7/29?
    I hope this cycle works for everyone! Good luck! I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone. 

• @akak23 - unfortunately, NONE of my 7 day 6 embryo's were normal.

1 is indeterminate, and we are discussing retesting and I have even asked if they would transfer it without retesting. Otherwise, I will be onto my next (AND LAST) IVF round in a month or two. UGH. I can't keep doing this and at my age, it is a crapshoot.

Good luck ladies!! :-)
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • @italianmommy8 We were part of the April FET group together and I am still so devastated for you after all that happened. I'm glad you switched clinics. Here's hoping July is our month!

@ladyp0tter I'm so sorry about that news. :cry: I sure hope your next round is successful!

• akak23akak23 member
    @ladyp0tter I am so sorry! My first IVF cycle we didn’t get any, and this time two. I know it’s not a lot but it’s something. So if you’re not able to get any from this cycle try not to give up hope! We will be thinking of you. 

@italianmommy8 I am heartbroken that happened to you and also so proud of you for trying again. That takes major strength! 

@wifeinraleigh28 I am not familiar with natural FET either, keep us posted on your experience and what you think of it.

I was schedule to transfer 7/10, but my appointment yesterday showed my lining isn’t thickening up and so they added vaginal estrogen supplements to my estrogen patches. I’ll go back in on Friday for another ultrasound to see if the additional estrogen is helping.

Since we have this unexpected appointment on Friday my husband and I had to cancel a family trip at his brothers house for the fourth. I had asked him not to share our IVF journey with his family previously, but he said he felt he needed to tell them why we were cancelling the day before and I agreed. Now that everyone in his family knows I feel SO exposed. I HATE that so many people that I am not close with know my personal business. Has anyone else struggled with this? And if so, how did you overcome it? 
  • @italianmommy8, that is a devastating story, I'm so sorry you went through all of that! I'm thinking my transfer will be around 7/23 so we are close in dates.
    @wifeinraleigh28, sounds like we have similar experiences with our first failed transfers and I totally get how you are feeling now going into the next one.  It does give me hope that you did have success with MFI, even though I know everyone's MFI can be different.
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @akak23 I’m actually doing a medicated FET, same protocol as my last 2 transfers. FX the additional supplement helps thicken your lining! I’m sorry that you’re feeling exposed. It’s so personal but everyone handles that differently. My husband is the more private one in our relationship whereas I don’t mind sharing what we’re going through. Hopefully his family will be respectful.

@mrsjones91716 you definitely can have success with MFI and I’m sure you will! IVF overcomes the barriers with MFI so your chances are very good. The transfer not working is just due to implantation being a bit of a crapshoot in any case but the statistics are in our favor. I’m doing my best to let go of the things I can’t control and just roll with the punches... not easy for my type A personality but there is really nothing we can do here but let nature (and medicine) do the work here!

• Thanks mrsjones how many of your embryos did you test? Were they frozen and thawed and tested? 
  •  Hi @wifeinraleigh28 I’m so happy to see you here and we are in this together again. Thank you for your kind words. Horrible few months for me. I hope this cycle works for you! 
  • So sorry to hear @LadyPotter!!! Hugs!
  • @akak23 I’m so sorry I can completely understand. I’m very close with my family and I’m an open book but with my husband’s family I’m not because they are so judgmental and not supportive so I completely understand how you feel. I hope this cycle works for you and you have a good appt on Friday! Keep us updated!!
  • miki05miki05 member
    Hi everyone, 
    Hoping to join some of you on a July FET cycle. I finished my first round of IVF in May and sent my eggs for PGS testing due to age and doc recommendation ( I am 38 this Nov and DH is 36). We had 10 blastocysts that reached day 6 but only 2 were PGS normal with all the others having some serious chromosomal defects. My doc wanted me to wait to have my second period after IVF to start the FET cycle but my body was all quiet this month and I skipped my period as i had no follicles that were growing. Since that was baselines, my RE had me start estrace 2 weeks ago and I started my PIO shots as of yesterday. My lining is currently 13 and the doc thinks I can be scheduled for my FET on July 9th.  My doc has me on Medrol for 3 days and doxycycline for 5 as well. Those are the only meds I'm taking so far. I hope this cycle works for everyone else and good luck :)
  • Welcome @miki05! Looks like everything looks good for you to have your FET soon!

AFM I just had my first monitoring appointment this morning. Lining is at 7.3mm and estrogen is around 450 so all looks good for me to have my FET in 2 weeks. They'll check my lining + estrogen + progesterone next Thursday and then I'll get the all clear to start PIO the next day for our 7/18 transfer. I might be starting to get excited to go through this again but I keep going back and forth. After our last transfer my 2 year old was particularly difficult (lots of tantrums and clinging to me non stop) which may or may not have had something to do with our BFN. She is very intuitive and could definitely sense that something was up! I wasn't able to rest or take it easy at all after the transfer. My mom will be here this time to help with her since DH has to work a lot which will allow me to have more of a stress-free week!

• akak23akak23 member
    @italianmommy8 thanks for the support! 

@miki05 welcome! Your numbers sound so good! Are you transferring both of your embryos or one at a time? 

@wifeinraleigh28 how exciting to have a date! And great idea having your mom help this time, de stressing is so important for all of us.

AFM the additional estrogen I started taking worked and my lining thickened from 6 to 11 in 3 days thank gosh! I am now confirmed for a transfer 7/10. I found out my RE is out of town until the 22nd so I am going to have an RE I don’t know transfer. It’s definitely
    not ideal but I don’t want to be in a holding pattern for 2 more weeks... thinking positive and that things will work out the way the should. 
  • I need your help guys!

my husband and I just listened to a voicemail that was left on Wednesday by a number I didn’t know. We listened together and they said I’m calling with the embryo report that out of the 7 frozen embryos 2 of them were sent to biopsy and refrozen!!!! WHAATTT!!!!! We had a looong talk with our new fertility dr if we should thaw, biopsy and refreeze the 7 and the risks and the costs. She said there was a 5% chance and worse case we lose 1 embryo! We lost 5!!!!! And the 2 remaining are being sent to get tested. We paid $3000 to thaw, biopsy and refreeze our 7 frozen as recommended by new fertility doctor and now we lose 5!!!! We also just found out we have to pay $225 per embryo for the third party lab to do the testing, on top of the $3000 we just spent. We are devastated! I’m not sure how much more I can take after everything I’ve been through!

• @italianmommy8 I am so sorry you are experiencing all these challenges. I’m not sure if this is helpful but I am working with specialists at Diamond Institute. I’ve had no major complaints with any of the staff and/their services. Wishing you the best of luck. 
  • Above is an email from our doctor this morning. Anyone understand this?? We are at a loss 
  • ladyp0tterladyp0tter member
    edited July 2019
    @italianmommy8 - that sucks. I know how you feel though. Of my 24 eggs, 20 fertilized and 15 day 3....I ended up with only 7 embryos tested and all were day 6 which I read a lot that says just what your Dr. says in the email (that they can sometimes mean not the best quality). It seemed true in my case because of my 7, only one came back indeterminate which means they didn't have enough to test. The rest (6) were abnormal....

I have a meeting on Friday to discuss whether we will be able to try to transfer the 1 and hope for the best. We won't know if it is normal or not for sure unless we thaw, biopsy and refreeze which I am not willing to do at this stage (for fear like you just experienced - that it will be lost). 

Praying that the two they retested come back normal and results in a baby for you!!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • I’m at a completely loss. We spoke to our doctor and embryologist from their lab today. Dr told us worse case we lose 1 and embryologist said out of the 7 I would expect 4 to thaw, expand, biopsy and refreeze. All survived the thaw. The 5 didn’t expand. He also said the 5BC and 4BC are left and now are 6BC and 5BC as they advanced. He said they were graded early at RMA and not frozen until day 6 he said there was a delay. Our last untested embryo was transferred in April and got pregnant but RMA misdiagnosed an ectopic, gave me methotrexate then saw growing baby in uterus did ultrasound and came back viable baby boy. Now we switch to IRMS she recommends testing them and 5% risk of losing embryos, we lose 5 of them only having 2 left to send to testing if these 2 are viable to use for transfer. We want to have two children. I don’t know how these doctors advise so wrong and waste our time and money!!!
  • i could understand if the 5 were tested and not normal but they didn’t even get biopsy to send to testing. They never expanded after being thawed prior to the biopsy. How can this happen 
  • @italianmommy8 we had 6 blasts and our package covers 8 so they were all tested.  My clinic takes the cells for testing on day 4 so they were not frozen yet.  We do have one that came back 'indeterminate' so we are waiting to hear back from the doctor on if we should thaw and retest that one or not.
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• I had 23 eggs and then 10 embryos after ICSI after retrieval, we decided not to do the testing in October as we were told it wasn’t necessary being young etc. First transfer didn’t get pregnant. Second one canceled 4 days prior to transfer and then had surgery for csection defect as fluid in uterus and thin lining and endometritis. Third transfer got pregnant but they said numbers weren’t doubling they told me to stop meds and miscarry at home on Feb. Fourth transfer got pregnant in April they thought was ectopic gave me methotrexate and d&c biopsy baby was genetically normal baby boy in the uterus and not ectopic. 
    And now switching fertility clinic after that huge mistake we go to IRMS pay to transfer the embryos. I got a saline ultrasound and endometrial biopsy last month - all normal. Doctor recommended to thaw, biopsy and refreeze the 7 embryos. We got the news on a voice message left on Wednesday that only 2 out of the 7 survived to go to biopsy for testing. 
    We spoke to the director of embryology at IRMS today - he said 4 out of the 7 he expected to survive whereas our doctor there told us worse case 1 one won’t survive. We were told there was a 5% risk of losing embryos to test them and was advised to do it. I even asked should I do another egg retrieval and then test them all since it’s the same among of money, dr said were good with 7 frozen. 
    No dr will let us transfer 2 because I’m high risk pregnancy, 
    We had to pay $225 today for the remaining 2 embryos to test them. 
    I’m so angry we were advised to thaw biopsy and refreeze that made us lose 5 of our embryos. 
    We have 2 health insurance now mine ad primary and my husband’s as secondary. It will be a lot more money if we are only on husband’s insurance plan if I’m not working after our first baby. We want two children. The likelihood of getting 2 children with the 2 embryos left is not good at all. Statistically one out of the two will be a normal embryo. 
    I just can’t anymore.....my husband’s morphology is 0% and low count. I’m so angry with him that I need to even do IVF and go through all this. I was hospitalized with internal bleeding last October after my egg retrieval. I have a bleeding disorder and need to do platelet transfusion before surgeries. 
    Everything bad that can happen in this whole process has! 
  • akak23akak23 member
    @italianmommy8 I want to first start by saying that I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I’m so sorry for all of us going through one of the most emotionally difficult experiences we can. What has happened to you isn’t fair or right and you can be as angry as you want for as long as you need to. I’ve also had a failed cycle with ZERO of my 10 eggs making it to even the blastocyst stage. Buuuut, you still have two. I know in a perfect world I’d have two kiddos too. If we get to have one beautiful child out of all this I know it will all be worth it. I have to keep telling myself that too and it sure ain’t easy. You got this!!!

@mrsjones91716 any idea of when you’ll hear back about your one? I think that wait is the absolute hardest! 

@ladyp0tter let Us know how your meeting goes on Friday. Sending you all the positive vibes for your embaby. 
  • @akak23, not sure when I'll hear back what to do but I'm not quite as anxious about it as I have been about everything else so far because the 2 normals we have are my preferred gender and were both day 5 blasts and the indeterminate is a day 6.  I have a monitoring appointment for my FET tomorrow so hopefully I'll see the doctor then and not just a nurse and can get an answer.  Ideally I would love 2 girls and then a boy but at this point I'll just be happy if I can even have a baby.
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• Thanks! I got my period about an hour ago - after being a few days late. We are going to have a consult in NYC with well known fertility doctor to get a second opinion on things. I’m not sure how I can start a new cycle without knowing if I have an embryo to transfer this cycle. 
  • akak23akak23 member
    @mrsjones91716 I’m right there with you, if I can have one I’ll be forever grateful. 

@italianmommy8 that is a great idea! And get a third opinion if you feel like you still need more information. 

AFM my transfer is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon! All the prayers you can send I will be immensely grateful for xo
  • @akak23 good luck on your transfer tomorrow
  • My medication was sent in today and to be overnighted to start tomorrow as tomorrow is day 3. I was prescribed Medrol. Never been on that at prior clinic for transfers. Anyone have experience with Medrol tablets???
  • bv8952bv8952 member
    Hello,
    I am new to the message board.I have been reading them for the past year and finally decided to tell my story.I love to hear about everyone's IVF journey.I am 34,DH 36.Having been TTC for 4 years and was told 2 years ago IVF/ICSI was my only chance.I have PCOS and my husband's swimmers are not good.In December 2018 had my first ER which resulted in 12 5 day blasts,all are good quality.My clinic does not reccomend PGD testing.In December 2018,1st fresh transfer(4AA)was in December 2018 which resulted BFP but loat it after 5 weeks.2nd Frozen Embryo Transfer(5AA)was a BFN.Today July 10th was my 3rd FET(4AA).I am on oral medicine 6mg Estrogen and 50 mg Progesteron per day.So now it my TWW.I am very lucky to have such good quality embryos but since we didn't PGD test them you never know have to assume 50% aren't good.It is still hard all the tests,shots and waiting time between Transfer.But it is nice to support each other.I feel for everyone who is going through IVF.All the best..
  • Well my initial FET#2 consult is set for next Friday. I got the referral resent over, updated my insurance card info, kind of ready to get this show on the road. I'm thinking if it works like it did last time then I'll be looking at a August/Sept transfer date.

*TR*
    Last time we transferred two untested embryos that resulted in our twins (20 mo.) This time we are only putting in one embryo. I'm nervous that out of our initial frozen blasts the two that resulted in our twins were our 50% of the ones that were normal.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you ladies. I'm rooting for all of us.

@akak23 Good luck today.

italianmommy8 My heart aches for what you've gone through. Take care of yourself!

wifeinraleigh28 This whole process just really sucks, the anxiety is the most crippling for me. Sending all the good vibes your way that this FET will be successful for you. The amount of unknown/guess work involved in trying to understand each couple's issues and navigates each individuals cycle makes me realize how much we still don't know scientifically. I know that the answers are out there but sometimes this part feels half science/half art.

• Sorry for being Debbie downer lately. 

Welcome @bv8952 thank you for sharing your journey. I hope this transfer works for you! Why did they tell you not to test them?

@stella_700 good luck on your consult!

I had a lot happen the past two days! I got my period yesterday, day 1. I also made two appts for a great fertility doctor in NYC for this Friday at 3pm to get another opinion. I met with my current fertility doctor in person today regarding everything that has happened. I was told that the embryos that were frozen from my last fertility clinic were not good quality embryos and their lab would not have frozen those and they were not the grading etc. My doctor also said she thought RMAs lab and theirs do the same protocols but she does not agree that RMA should not have frozen these embryos. We spoke to their director of embryology at the lab too. All 7 of our frozen embryos survived the thaw but 5 of them did not re-expand after the thaw prior to the biopsy. Only two were biopsied and refreeze. We are awaiting the results of our now only two embryos. 

My fertility clinics lab is closed for a month from beg to end of August. So if this cycle doesn’t work I have to wait a cycle after this until September to do another transfer or egg retrieval. The issue is that since I got my period yesterday, tomorrow is day 3 to start medication for a transfer cycle. If both my embryos are not viable they will cancel my cycle and then we can’t do an egg retrieval until September. 

We also have the option that if we find out that both or one of the embryos are viable to do another egg retrieval as we want two children together and we have two health insurance now versus if I’m not working in the future the out of pocket will be insane and we may not be able to do it later on. I think we are going to have to do another egg retrieval regardless. I’ve had only one egg retrieval, it was last October and I had to get platelets transfusion prior because of my bleeding disorder and ended up being in so much pain after and was hospitalized for days after due to internal bleeding.

Our plan is for me to go in the morning for morning monitoring blood work and ultrasound. My medication is being overnighted to me and I will start it tomorrow. I was put on a brand new protocol this time at this new fertility clinic. She has me taking Estrace 1mg, Medrol, deoxycycline and PIOs. My doctor said she will personally call us on her cell this weekend if she gets an email regarding my testing results. 

I will update you all on my monitoring and the test results soon, thanks for listening. At least I feel better about things after speaking to my doctor in person today.