September 2019 Moms

TP Thursday, 5/30

Anyone in your life deserve a throat punch today?

shocked melissa mccarthy GIF

Re: TP Thursday, 5/30

• kgg2241kgg2241 member

Mine is DH. He is a realtor and is crazy busy right now and has been putting in really long hours. What bothers me is that he acts like he is only person in the world that is busy or who has a job that is (sometimes) overwhelming. I asked him yesterday to take out the garbage when he has a second. He flipped out that “he is never going to have a second.” It seriously bugged me. It also made me nervous for how he will react with the stress of a baby being here. So he gets a throat punch for being dramatic.

• My paralegal, who is in my office crying about non-issues on a weekly basis.  I also found out she's been calendar snooping and asking people if I'm interviewing her replacement.  She seems to think I'm going to hire an attorney to replace her...?  So I locked my privacy settings down just with respect to her.  Haha.  If anyone is going to be crying at work it should be me with all these goofy hormones.  But since I don't cry at work WHEN PREGNANT, she has no right to cry at work (about coworkers who talk too loudly, about an email she incorrectly interpreted to be "mean" from a colleague, about not getting to go to SF for a useless vendor conference...).  Just very over it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My SIL, who made a PSA TODAY (Thursday), with ZERO prior indication that we would be doing anything other than possibly Chinese food at MIL's house Sunday afternoon w kids for her (MIL) birthday, that we will instead be having a formal dinner at 6pm followed by going to Kool and the Gang show at 8pm THIS SUNDAY, like in three days. Mandatory attendance required, children not invited. I have two reliable sitters. My mom and MIL. MIL will be attending and my parents go to their lake house every weekend in the summer so they won't be home. Also, I don't want to go, so why exactly does that count for nothing?? H thinks I'm being an asshole because 'it's for his mom' (who I LOVE) but, WTF? I'm pregnant, that sounds boring, I don't want to be out till 2am on a Sunday, and I don't want to leave my kids with a sitter that they don't want to be with, presuming I could actually find one, which I probably can't anyway.  Bitter.
  • @kiddiesandkitties Wow.  That's ridiculous.  You have a totally legitimate reason to not go and you should use it!  
  • @kgg2241 yeah, he def. deserves a TP for being dramatic.  And also yeah, newborns will test couples no matter what, so hopefully he realizes he's going to never have a second for the rest of his life with a LO!!  MH is the exact opposite, in that sometimes I get annoyed like, "Does nothing ever bother you?!?!" but man, was that welcome for those first few months with DS.  
    @mamaber2204 ... so are you interviewing her replacement?!?  Sounds like maybe you should be  :p
    @kiddiesandkitties mandatory attendance to a bday?  That's some BS.  I hope you can get out of it!!

Can I just TP myself for letting this pregnancy make me the laziest employee of all time?  I have so.much.work to do and just don't give a singular damn about doing it.

• I’m gonna just throw a TP out there to poop. Yes, POOP. 💩

DH informed me that in the HOUR I was gone and en route to work DS literally crapped out his diaper, in pants, on his shirt and also on some of his wooden train tracks (toy). FFS I WAS GONE AN HOUR!! Now when I get home I have to decontaminate his train tracks and room. URGH!

Also, prolly about 10% of it was my fault because I’m cheap AF and am using up the last of DS’s size 3 diapers so there’s prolly not *that* much room for literal crap.
  • @lillywonderland WHY does the poop always find its way onto all the things?!  Yesterday I was in the bathroom after showering and DD waltzed in, with no pants or diaper on, stated 'poop', and extended her hand, carefully holding a large log.  WTF?! 
  • Dude I work with. While in the break room, he struck up a convo with me about another gal that's pregnant with twins. He thinks it's a good idea to say "I mean, she's still so tiny! Much smaller than you and she has two in there!" Gee, thanks douche. I just stirred my oatmeal and then walked out so he wouldn't see my eyes welling up with tears. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @RedBreast35 haha thank you. I actually told him how annoyed I was and that the girls on my message board are gonna hear about this! So I'm dramatic too 😂. Also, so much yes to being a lazy employee! I've actually been working on gathering addresses for my shower today. Do I feel bad? Yes. Am I gonna switch tasks? Probably no. 

@kiddiesandkitties yeah, I'd pull the pregnant card on that one. So annoying.

• @zuuls_mom HUGS!! I got so many mean (but not meant to be) comments from strangers last pregnancy. They were all over the board so people nowadays just don’t understand that EVERYONE carries their babies differently. Some are big, some are small. Some are very very tall. (I couldn’t resist the rhyme 😋)
  • TP Thursday to all of the work I have to do today. WTF? Where did this come from? 

@kiddiesandkitties @lillywonderland :D:D:D
  • @zuuls_mom I'll extra TP that guy for you!!!  I wish I could say not to let it bother you, but that shit hurts sometimes.  But we've seen the HDBD pics and you're gorgeous!!
    @lillywonderland is YS a tiny munchkin?!?!  Still wearing 3s and he just turned 2?  (and excellent rhyme  ;) )

• @RedBreast35 Yup, he’s a wee one. Always has been in the 10-20% height/weight at his checkups. We have a play date with our BFFs this weekend (haven’t seen them in FOREVER!!) and their DD is 4mo older than DS and she’s consistently been in the 90%. So she’s gonna tower over DS 😜.
  • @lillywonderland what are his stats? My littlest is was 2 in February, so is... 2yr4mo and is about 25lb. She wears size 3 diapers, too, and can comfortably still wear 12-18mo clothes. She's a teeny thing. She's always been in the 5-10%, since she made it on the chart (was born 5lb 5oz).
  • @kiddiesandkitties He’s prolly right around that. About 25 lbs or so and he’s okay in the 18mo clothes. No clue on height. His pedi hasn’t ever been concerned (and really,
    neither are we) because the kid eats, man!! (He pounded his cupcake last night for his birthday after he finished his dinner - it was adorable!! 😳🥰) FTR I’m pretty small (height/weight) but DH is super tall...who knows where this kid will end up.  

Speaking of his doctor...I guess I should prolly make his 2yr appt soon... 
  • Dang, I want to TP all of these people (and poop) for you guys! 

Mine is silly, but I want to TP the guy who was a couple cars ahead of us on the way to work this morning. In front of him was a dump truck, and in front of that a pickup pulling a horse trailer (this is on a 2-lane back road that's fairly busy during rush hour). Dummy in the car decides to pass both trucks while going around a curve, narrowly missing a minivan coming around the bend in the opposite direction. Thankfully nothing happened but I'm still angry at that guy 7 hours later.