Group 3 Check In (12/17-12/24) w/o 5/27

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?

Re: Group 3 Check In (12/17-12/24) w/o 5/27

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/18    10w+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: June 25

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I'm still exhausted and falling asleep super early. Brushing my teeth has been hard the past few days from gagging. And by about 4:30 I'm just not hungry and don't want dinner. 

Rants/Raves: I announced at work today and my student worker actually asked me "Are you having twins?! You're big already!" (nope, just one in there, only 1 egg was transferred AND only 1 showed up on the u/s.) when I told her it was just one and that second pregnancy tend to show earlier than first she continued to ask if I was sure. PS she wants to be either a midwife or work in an OB clinic... she has some learning I think. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? It's been hard coming into mountain bike season, I feel ok riding on flat paved trails still, but anything more than that I'm too nervous to ride on and I miss it! Beyond that, I keep wanting to eat deli meats and soft cheese, but I guess that will just have to wait too. 

• @ashorkey I’m def still eating soft cheese that’s pasteurized. 🤷🏻‍♀️ MH is a big mountain biker, never was my cup of tea. I’m wondering how up for ski season I’ll be with a newborn. 

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/17, 11w

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow, 5/29 for just the next routing OB appt. Excited to hopefully hear the heartbeat with Doppler, we only saw it at the ultrasound.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): same nausea comes and goes, tired. I am not enjoying the east coast heat and humidity we’ve been getting. I feel like I have a belly by the end of the day, curious to see how much weight I’ve gained at my appt tomorrow. Really enjoying Colby jack cheese and rosemary and olive oil triscuits.

Rants/Raves: Rave: we bought a second hand crib over the weekend, felt kind of crazy to do it so early, but it was a great deal. Started planning the nursery and what we want. MH was hoping to not have to paint... sorry love! It’s a dark grey now, and I would like to lighten it up. Rant: which I guess is also a symptom, but ACNE! Ugh my face. 

Questions: anyone else having almost like abdominal pressure and sometimes like zaps of a cramp or just weird feeling. I’m guessing this is everything stretching, but man it’s weird.

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? Ironically as a whines about the heat above, I really miss a hot hot bath. I actually bought a ducky temp thing so I can make sure I’m not overdoing it.

• Loading the player...
  • @ashorkey she does need to learn a bit more!  I can’t stand when people push the twin subject.  I have had a couple of people joke to me about it and I want to punch them.

@anniemarie887 this weather is killing me! I am not a huge fan of summer as it is.  My hands are getting so swollen and it is making me extra miserable.  My dh was trying to get out of painting too, but that is not an argument he will win.

• Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12/22 10w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM. Dd is 8 ds is 6

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Upcoming Appointments:  next appointment is Tuesday next week.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):   Really good.  I have had very little symptoms.  Morning sickness is there, but manageable. I have more aversions than cravings.  

Rants/Raves:  I forgot to take my allergy medicine yesterday so I am ridiculously itchy today.  I am excited to only have two more work days which is nice, but  I have a lot to do from home this week.  I planned to try and get a few hours in tonight, but as the evening goes on, I am getting more and more tired and it isn’t looking too hopeful.

Questions:  none. 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?  I don’t really feel like I have given much up.  Sitting outside all weekend did make me miss lazy afternoon day drinking though.  I would have loved a gin and tonic.

• @holly321 seriously! I don’t think a single person asked me last time. But seriously already?! She is kind of snobby about weird things, like if they aren’t exactly as she thinks it should be somethings wrong and she gets judgy. 

@anniemarie887 yes! I’m feeling the same way about skiing. We got my ski pass already for next year. I figure worst case we can go up and hang out in the lodge while my husband and daughter ski. And our passes are good for the following summer to take the gondola up and hike. So I should get some use out of it. 
  • devvidevvi member

Due Date / Weeks + Days:  I'm due 12/19, so 10 weeks, 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third baby; I have a 10 year old daughter and a 3 year old son.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Upcoming Appointments: beginning of June. I didn't like my OB/GYN, so I need to find a new one.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I'm nauseated all of the time. It gets worse at night. I also am extremely smell sensitive, so I've had to stop doing things that smell too much (refrigerator is horribly stinky, even when cleaned, it just has so many different smells together).

Rants/Raves: everything smells! And 99% of the time is vomit inducing.

Questions: none at the moment.

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?

Everything smells bad or tastes bad. I would drink a cup of coffee a day, still, but the idea of it makes me queasy. Same with any caffeinated item. I'm on a very restricted diet just because attempting to eat many of my normally favorite foods makes me vomit. It's not like they aren't safe for the baby either! All it takes is a slightly negative experience with an item and it becomes gross.

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: Currently 10 weeks + 5 days.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We got our blood test back! I'm having a baby girl!!!!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow I have another ultrasound and next week I meet my doctor for the first time. (Have only seen the practice's NP so far)

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Feeling a little better. I can keep food down but still have a lot of food aversions and more smells are bothering me. Zero energy, sore back and swollen feet. Breasts are heavy and sore as well. Pregnancy brain is also a very real problem for me.

Rants/Raves: 

Raves - I love my OB practice so far even without meeting my dr. They are very professional and on the ball. They get back with me about my questions asap.

Rant - The older generation/parents generation. I am hiring a birth doula since this is my first pregnancy and I have some concerns. A lot of family members who didnt know what it was are questioning my need for one. 

My mother overheard me and my husband talking about names and ruined one for us. So now we wont be telling anyone the name until we have the baby. 

And all the unsolicited advice!!!! On everything! Even the number of kids we can have. We are only having one and 9 times out of 10 when I say this I get "That's not right/fair, you are being selfish by not giving them a sibling." WTF!?!?! Who asked you? Please tell me how it is more selfish to not give a child a sibling (which in no way guarantees their happiness) then having a second child we dont want and dont have time for?

Questions: nothing right now.

Allergy medications. The struggle is so real. I actually took the morning off to go to the clinic to get checked out. I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection right now.

• @devvi - I feel you with the bad smells, especially the fridge. The hubby has cleaned it out twice in the last week and I can still barely open the door. Half the time I ask him to grab me something from it. It was also made cooking hard for me and I love to cook him dinner. (He does like 80% of the house work and I feel bad if I cant at least cook!)
  • @mrszoobear I only plan to have one child, as well, and I hear you on the unsolicited opinions about only children.
  • kelcom89kelcom89 member
    edited May 2019

@anniemarie887 definitely having those same sharp jolts in my abdomen- usually if I change positions quickly or stretch a certain way. I think it might be round ligament pain!

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/23 ... 10w2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  finding out

Upcoming Appointments: June 11

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): actually not half bad! I’ve had one full day of nausea where I had to pretty much stay near the toilet, but never actually threw up. Otherwise, sore/heavy breasts, and starting to feel what I think is round ligament pain in my lower abdomen. Starting to get some of my energy back so I’m going to make more of an effort this week to get some exercise in. 

Rants/Raves: 

Raves- just so excited to watch my body go through all these changes! Am I crazy to actually want a big ol’ preggo belly?!

Rants- my best friend is starting to get on my nerves a bit, which I feel horrible to say. She’s SO excited for us, and I know it’s all out of love. But she dowbloaded the app to follow along and has started texting me in the mornings whatever the daily fact says about baby (“omg baby is the size of a tater tot today!”) like yes, I know. I’m happy to have her love and support and I guess if this is my biggest rant then I’m doing OK. I think dh and I are just over the initial shock/excitement and I’m ready to have conversations about something other than pregnancy.

Questions: what’s everyone’s favorite pregnancy workout?? I don’t have a near-by mom fitness group so I’ve been sticking to walks around the neighborhood. But if anyone has a favorite site/YouTube channel, I’d love to switch things up!

Like someone else mentioned, this past weekend made me miss hanging by the pool with a beer, but I wouldn’t say it’s been hard! I think the hardest thing has been not being able to order red meat medium rare :( 

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/22/19 / 10w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out - with the NIPT in a week or two!

Upcoming Appointments: June 17th

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I'm feeling a little better - slightly less fatigue and nausea. Its still there a bit, but maybe I'm just adjusting to it better. I NEED to eat anything and everything with garlic in it. Its the only thing that actually tastes good to me right now. Luckily my husband also likes it so we're a stinky pair. :)

Rants/Raves: We just had our first appointment yesterday with my OB since moving away from my RE's office. I love my OB - he's very calm, pretty sarcastic & funny and not emotional at all. Its an emotional process, I appreciate that I can count on him to be the experienced and calm voice in the whole thing. We got to see the baby on the ultrasound again and it actually looks like a person now, which was incredible. Everything is looking healthy and on track. We're doing NIPT and as soon as those results come back (and assuming they're normal) we'll finally be able to tell people! Very excited!

Questions: When did everyone start gaining weight? I'm still losing weight (7 pounds since getting pregnant). My doctor didn't seem phased at all by it, which was good. I'm just wondering when that might turn around? Its already weird because I'm losing weight but my belly just feels bigger.

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? In general, outdoor day drinking. Its not that I miss the drinking so much as the fun vibe of it all. Now that the weather is getting warmer I sort of miss the glass of rose I used to look forward to on a Saturday afternoon. Not really the biggest deal though.

• Due Date / Weeks + Days:     12-23-2019 .... 10 weeks 3 days! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: First Time Mom

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green!

Upcoming Appointments:  We have another routine checkup on Tuesday..not really sure what is happening, I think some of the testing? I am horrible with remembering anything lol. Its terrible. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Today is the first day I actually feel almost back to normal. I have been so freaking tired and bloated - I seriously think I could pass for like someone around 20 weeks pregnant. But finally it seems like my digestive system is working a bit better, I've been eating more chia seeds in my shakes. My headaches are HORRENDOUS. I still haven't gotten super sick thank goodness, but I definitely have strange aversions that I never thought I would. Having lots of what you guys all mentioned with the cramping and randoms pains, they aren't too bad but they're noticeable enough for me to start panicking for a few minutes lol. Have lost about 5lbs since my first appointment, was not expecting that especially seeing as though I've been eating like a hog most days!

Rants/Raves: My grandparents are coming to visit this weekend, I have not hosted them at our new house yet and they are sort of difficult so I am stressing about it. My grandpa does very well and is still working, yet they are so cheap when it comes to like buying us dinner, and they just get so into politics...which is like the worst subject imaginable for me to hold my tongue...   RAVE: I have been picking up things here and there for the nursery and got our wall mural from Pottery Barn Kids in the mail today, cannot wait to decorate the rest of the room. We should start a thread once we're all done and show our nurseries!!?? I'd love to see everyones.

Questions: How stressful is the blood testing/tests and how long do they take to come back? Not really looking forward to that appointment. 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? Alcohol and Weed...why lie? Summer makes me want a Corona so bad and we were at a baseball game and the only thing I could do to feel a little naughty was eat a nice grilled hotdog. YOLO! And also my HIIT workouts.

• @ashorkey  girl....don't be afraid to put people like that in their place. You can kill them with kindness and still be a bitch back to them! lol. I will never understand people. 

@mrszoobear  that's so annoying... I swear our (especially) grandparent's generation is just so sheltered on how everything should be. they can't get with the times. not everyone is going to have 55 kids these days like they did back then!!
  • @ktmaesim Ha Thanks! I seriously had a second person ask me if I was having twins already! Like, seriously, IM 11 F*$%&ING WEEKS... with a second baby! This time it was my dad asking so I could be a little bit more snarky back and not feel bad about it. He has 4 daughters, he should know better than to ask a woman if they are having twins!
  • @lucylivesinwa - I'm plus size (a size 18 pushing towards 20 before pregnancy) so I'm not sure how much this applies to you.

I have only gained 2 lbs since getting pregnant. However, midway through week 6 I couldn't fit in my jeans! Not even my stretchy fat jeans. I felt a little silly buying maturnaty jeans at 7 weeks but who cares. I needed them. For a big girl I have more of an hourglass figure. Correction, I had one. Now it's like all of my weight transferred to my belly. I have no waist anymore. I still look more fat then pregnant but my belly is already pretty hard/tight feeling. 

I'm pretty sure it is different for everyone though. Especially since there are so many body types, sizes, weights and hereditary things to factor in.
  • ktmaesimktmaesim member
    edited May 2019
    RANT: Okay I have to vent. My family is pissing me off so so bad. 1. Last week I called my brother and his girlfriend to tell them my news...it was a bit underwhelming because my sister had already spilled the beans to them without TELLING ME. Super annoyed because it ruined my moment to tell my brother. 2. Today I check my snapchat, and had a message from a family friend from our HIghschool. It was a message saying “congrats” to me. It was nice, sure, but how the EFF does he know too?! I never talk to this guy, and I know it was my bro who must’ve told him when he saw him last week or something. I then sent my brother and sister a group message basically being like “keep your mouths shut until I say so bc this isn’t your news to tell!!!!!” Oh and get ready....this threw me over the edge..... my brothers ONLY RESPONSE WAS “Don’t get shitty with me.” ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!  ARGGGGH!!!!! It seriously pisses me off so bad they don’t understand I’d like to wait to tell people until I AM READY SO I CAN HAVE MY MOMENT with people. 3. Then my mom asked if my step dad could tell his best friend at his work because “he’s excited”....yeah....no shit, guess who’s most excited?! ME!!!! And my husband!!!! And I am still waiting on my sister to respond, which I know she won’t because she can NEVER admit she’s wrong or apologize. It’s  just really frustrating that I opened up to my own family and I can’t even trust them. And the fact that none of them even felt bad about how upset I was really makes me even more upset!!! My brother eventually said sorry but had an excuse attached to it which totally cancels out the apology for me. My sis never even responded!!!! She pretty much always treated me like shit. 
  • @ktmaesim - I'm so sorry to hear you have been having so much trouble with family issues. They are supposed to be supportive and understanding right now. Not in your face and telling people news your not ready to share. I feel like this is why so many people wait and do a cute social media announcement for everyone including family members. So no one has a chance to spoil it.

Do you mind if I ask about the age of your siblings? That just seems like really immature behavior that only someone rather young would say/do. 
  • @mrszoobear that’s the part that is honestly embarrassing my sister is 30!!!!!!!! And my brother is like 26. They just don’t get it. Sometimes I wonder how many other people they piss off throughout their lives if this is what they do to a family member. I’m also kind of pissed at my mom because she kept saying like “oh I’m not getting into this! I don’t wanna take sides etc.” I’m like but do you agree someone needs to tell them to shut up? She’s like “yeah. “ I’m like ok maybe you should give them a little chat (they all live closer together so she sees them more). She was saying how she isn’t getting into it and how he’s a 26 year old man and my sister is 30 and how she can’t control them. I’m like I understand that but they need to get it through their stupid skulls! Like stick up for me!!!!?? Wtf?! My sister still hasn’t even acknowledged my text which is rly pissing me off I’m debating texting her again and being like “don’t you think you owe it to me to apologize???” God I could scream. 
  • @ktmaesim I’m sorry! And I totally get why you’re pissed! I would be the same way. I’m surprised your mom won’t tell them to cut it out. We made sure to tell everyone NOTHING on social media as a precaution. 
  • @ktmaesim - sorry girl, that really sucks. 🙁 I hope they come around and apologize. 
  • @anniemarie887
    @mrszoobear
     thanks guys...its just been a frustrating last 24 hours.