August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/28

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/28

• @aecm That's such a beautiful blue! Love the way that turned out.

Oh man you ladies are so much more prepared than me, we still haven't even settled on a paint colour! :o We do have a bunch of stuff that's sitting in the middle of the floor of the nursery, but it's all still in boxes because we don't want to have everything out and put together only to have to move it for painting. That includes the car seat, which I guess would be easy enough to install and just leave in the car so we know it's ready when the time comes. We have one box of diapers in size 1, but only because DH's colleagues gifted them at a work baby shower. I really need to get moving on all this stuff! *cue panic*
  • This LO isn't even getting her own room.... we got a double stroller and I sorted through DS's clothes to pick out the ones I want to use for LO when she's born.....that's it. 

After we come back from Canada we will see what else we need (likely not much - the grandmas were excited to buy girl clothes this time and I'll get a few soothers) but other than that....we still have all of DS's stuff,  so.... we'll make sure everything is in working condition in July when we are back from holidays (our bouncer chair is a bit damaged from loaning to friends,  so we will see if it's reparable for example)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @aecm @wabash15 FTM here and I'm definitely not ready (it is way to early at this point anyway, but even thinking about it makes me a bit anxious)! At my 28 week appointment my OB told me to start working on the hospital bag and to get the car seat installed as soon as we have it. I was like, um...it's not even June yet. My goal/hope is to at least make it to August. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @Avrilmai - also FTM and also nowhere near ready - neither emotionally nor supplies-wise. I ask my husband daily, 'what are we going to do with a baby?!' 2 months seems so far away, but I know it'll go by quickly - I feel like this entire pregnancy has flown by. 
  • hemlheml member
    I’m opposite of y’all FTMs @Avrilmai @sw1122, I’m so ready for the baby to be here (and for me to not be pregnant anymore)! Hospital bag is semi-packed, breast pump is ordered and on its way, and I’ve already started my countdown to my last day of work (July 26). Once we have our shower at the end of this month, I’m gonna be that Judge Judy gif pointing to my watch 
  • @heml same. TTM but I'm not one of those who enjoy pregnancy.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @heml, same girl. Same. I’m excited to meet him and get my life (and body) back. I’m sure I’ll have moments of missing being pregnant but I have discussed with him and we have hopefully agreed on an eviction date. 😂

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @heml @AKuzReve I’m alllllll kinds of ready (not prepared, but hey, he will have a bed and some clothes, what else does third child really need 🤣). I’m just ready to be myself (BY myself) again. 
  • @heml I'm ready in the sense that I have everything we need, and anything we don't have I can get here in 2 days, thanks Amazon! And I know what I'd throw in a bag for the hospital. But nothing in our house is clean. It's a wreck. But also like @sourlemon I hate being pregnant. It's not something I enjoy. Feeling the baby is cool, and I like L&D but other than that, I can't think of another thing I enjoy about pregnancy. 
  • @heml now every time I read one of your posts I'm going to picture Judge Judy. 

@AKuzReve @thirdtimesacharm2019 Maybe part of it is that I don't have all of the stuff...my shower is at the end of the month, once I feel a little more prepared...and over heated, my feelings may change.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Sorry too many people to tag...
    I keep vacillating between wanting him to be here already, and being like I am not emotionally prepared to be a mother of 3. There is nothing I really need to do (as I mentioned before third child problems - he will have all the hand me downs) but I still feel unready at times.
  • @Avrilmai and @sw1122 this is #4 and I am not ready for this kid to come. (I mean I have everything I need... and honestly you don't need a ton... you have to have a car seat and diapers... everything else will sort it self out... ).  I can't tell you how many time in the last 2 weeks I've been asked if I am sure I'm going to make it to august (thanks people I know I carry big...) Yes, Yes I have every intention of making it to august, to my due date and I would actually be OK if I was a few days late... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @aecm I feel the same way you did the first time around. I've not done much to prepare for baby because it just really does not seem real yet! The paint looks great!

Question -- Our entire house is painted a really horrible beigey-yellow color. We just bought it in January and haven't had the bandwidth to even consider having the whole thing painted. I want the whole house to be a very white and clean light grey color (very boring, I know). I figured we'd start with the baby's room. Finally to the question - can I paint the room myself? I bought super expensive paint - Sherwin Williams's Harmony. It's zero VOC and is supposed to clean the air. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/products/harmony-interior-acrylic-latex

I feel like it's probably fine for me to paint as long as I keep the windows open. But I'm hesitant and am curious as to what you ladies think. Thanks!! :)
  • @foodlovehappiness from my understanding it's safe as long the paint you are using is free of VOCs and have good ventilation. And fwiw I've painted during each of my pregnancies.
  • thanks @Beauxbaton! That's my understanding, too. And good to know that you've painted during pregnancy before!
  • @Beauxbaton I'm just impressed you're going to be making the outfit yourself. I'm not crafty or able to sew at all, and I'm always in awe of women who are!

@foodlovehappiness I think you'll be fine with non-VOC paint with windows open/good ventilation. We plan to do the painting ourselves once we finally decide on the colour, though DH may end up doing all the actual painting once the prep work is done but only because I'm prone to migraines. If you're really worried though, you could always call your doc/care team and see what they recommend.
  • Add me to the not ready yet group. We need to convert my office to a room for DS so we can set up the nursery for this LO. We have all of our baby gear still but DH needs to bring down all of the clothes, supplies, car seat etc...from.the attic. I am sick of nagging to get those projects done but I physically can not do them right now.  I also may or may not be glaring at him from across the room right now as he leans back in the recliner while watching TV. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Not sure who asked on breast pad brands but I get the Lanolish (spelling may be wrong?? Purple box and they make a popular lanolin lotion too). I’m a big leaker and sprayer and those worked well for me in my previous 2 pregnancies. They also throw in a few super exorbant ones for night time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Count me in on the unprepared front. I think I go back and forth on thinking I have plenty time and this is some futuristic idea, la de da, and then I panic and think oh crap. It’s going to be here and there’s really going to be a baby. At the same time..I haven’t fully wrapped my head around the whole, actually baby being here!! It comes in waves...
  • Many of you have said you don’t need to get baby’s room ready since they will be sleeping in your room for the first few months. This is what we are planning too, but I was also thinking that we would try to have baby nap in her crib in the nursery as often as possible during the day. That’s where we plan to set up the video monitor, and I’d like for her to get used to sleeping in the crib for when we do transition her to her own room. Is this unrealistic? Our bedroom and the nursery are right across the hall and on the third floor of our house, so it’s not any different for her to be in the crib vs. in our room if we were down on the main floor.
  • @dogmomma096 totally not unrealistic. That's essentially what we did with DD. She slept at night in a basinet in our room, then napped in her room. This baby doesn't have a room other than our room. So she will probably sleep in the bassinet but nap in the crib, both in our room
  • cato99cato99 member
    Oh man any FTM with an unprepared nursery shouldn’t worry! At this stage with DD we didn’t even have a semblance of a nursery: DH and I were living in the guest room/future nursery because we didn’t even have a semblance of a bedroom—we were in the middle of a master bedroom/bathroom/closet renovation project so the entire house was upside down! I don’t think the nursery looked anything like a nursery until week 35ish, and I didn’t really finish it until I started work leave at 38/39 weeks. 

We don’t have much to prepare for this baby since we have everything from DD (and I’ve picked up a few little boy outfits in various nesting urges), and grabbing it from storage won’t be a big deal even if he comes unexpectedly. The only major purchase we’ll need is a double stroller, which I’ve already chosen. And UO but I love pregnancy and am in no hurry anyway! Now that I know how surreal and fun the newborn stage is I’m ALSO excited for that, but I could stay pregnant for an indefinite amount of time lol. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @cato99 did you have visitors after baby came? Part of my stress about getting everything done is knowing people are going to want to come over and with everything we have to do project wise, I’m just not wild about having a lot of company. 
  • I’m nowhere near ready.  There are still boxes from our move almost 3 years ago and running clothes all over the floor. You literally can’t walk in there. I keep thinking I have plenty of time but then I panic that something might happen and I’ll deliver early. The thought of cleaning out the room is so overwhelming but now that I’ll be out for summer, I need to find a way to get a little done each day. 
  • aecmaecm member
    @dogmomma096 It really depends on the baby, if it’s realistic for them to nap in their nursery, and also depends on the configuration of your house and how close the nursery is to where you’re spending time during the day. Most newborns take tons of small naps during the day, like for 15min - 30min at a time. I just found it easier to keep DD in a napper or swing wherever I was hanging out for the first 4 or 5 months. I also liked that she got used to sleeping with background noise. Around 5 months she started consolidating her naps into a couple hour stretches, at which point I started using the crib in her nursery.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @dogmomma096 I think napping in the crib is reasonable. If the baby likes it, it could help make the transition to their crib full time easier (I would think). 

@aecm Agree on the baby sleeping through background noise. DD would fall asleep in her swing in the living room and I would start vacuuming and vacuum right around the swing and she was out like a light the whole time.

I also feel like I'm not ready as I haven't done much. I think about the things I need to do but haven't physically done them. I'll need to start tackling it soon though before I get overwhelmed. We got hardwood floors throughout the first floor in the fall (minus our bedroom) but now I want the carpet removed in the bedroom since it's older and the baby will be sleeping in there at first. And thanks to all our pets' hair, I feel like having hardwood floors will make it a cleaner/better room environment for the baby. I've tasked DH and his friends with getting it done by the end of June so fingers crossed!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    I keep saying I’m ready for this baby to be here. I’m tired of the pains and issues associated with pregnancy but I’m also super nervous about having a 3rd. 10yr old, 2yr old and newborn is freaking me out a bit. Also the morning nausea has come back. MH tricked me into sleeping in the bedroom last night even though the couch is better on my back so I’m not a happy camper this morning. Anyone else feel the need to crack your back all day long for some relief? Im mostly on my feet all day long but once I sit I’m so uncomfortable I just want to lay down and stretch it out.
  • @purplg8r it warms my heart to hear you say there are still moving boxes from years ago. I’m the worse at unpacking and we still have boxes laying around I just can’t make myself get to.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @dogmomma096 I'm glad you mentioned your napping plan for YD once she gets here. That's our plan with DS as well, so hoping it works. 

@emqbee @cato99 +1 to being curious about what others have planned in terms of visitors after the baby is here. Would anyone be interested if I made a thread to discuss plans for visitors in the hospital and at home? 
  • Today is my day off. The cleaning lady is coming this morning then I'll be getting the house ready for dd1s bday party. Thankfully that'll be mostly decorating and baking since the cleaning lady should do the real cleaning. For now, I'm enjoying a slow morning in bed drinking coffee. Of course I'm stuck watching kid shows since dd1 woke up early...the countdown is on until DH brings the girls to school haha.

• @dogmomma096 We are all on the same level, but my parents have a three story house. When we visit we usually stay on the second floor, but a few times we've had to stay on the third for various reasons, and with a newborn it was very annoying. Their nap schedule it very unpredictable, and I found myself having to go up and down a lot. Especially if we were visiting while doing sleep training, (we used the cry it out method where you go in every 10 minutes to calm them down, but mostly let them soothe themselves to sleep). I am pretty lazy, and not in great shape, so I hate doing those stairs, and am often out of breath by the time I get to the top (especially if I'm hurrying to get to a crying baby). Since you do those steps all the time it could be different for you, but I just thought I'd share my experience. In terms of having the baby nap in the crib, I think that's a fine idea.
    @purplg8r @oklahomak We moved into our house in November of 2016 and we still have boxes that we have not unpacked.
    @oklahomak I think that thread sounds like a great idea.
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @mrosek91 Done! The visitors after baby thread is here.
  • hemlheml member
    @oklahomak I like that thread idea too. I’ve started working on a “calendar” for visitors, so I’d like to hear what worked and didn’t work for others 
  • @sourlemon I am so jealous of you having a cleaning lady. We had one for about a year and a half but ditched her a year ago. I used to work more so more money less time.  Now less money, more time. Although to be fair with how I have felt this pregnancy my motivation is nonexistant and cleaning is really slacking. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Thanks everyone! We plan to keep a pack n' play in the living room for naps when we're on the main floor and don't feel like doing stairs, but I'd like to try and use the crib as much as possible during the day. We'll see how often we end up using it!!
  • @heml - LOL @ Judge Judy watch gif. Classic. And same ;) 

@olivemomma - It was me - and thank you! I'm going to buy some pads for overnight use, but use some of these cool "milk catchers" I found on Amazon for during the day (as long as they're not blatantly obvious). I, too, build up a lot of pressure and don't want to risk an errant spray or puddle, unintentionally.

@dogmomma096 - Not unrealistic, that's exactly what we will be doing with DD2 and why I *DO* want to have her crib set up in the nursery, even if we aren't using it full-time for several months. PNPs are super useful for napping AND it gets them used to it for when they *are* crawling, but not yet walking. If you don't get them in there early enough, they'll rebel using it ... and it is a bit of a sanity saver when you just need a few minutes to fold a load of laundry, getting dinner started, or run to the door for your 3rd Amazon order this week :) 

@emqbee @oklahomak - All of our siblings had children first (even though we're the oldest) and from that, I had garnered do whatever makes you most comfortable. I knew one of my things would be anxiety, so I asked that no guests come before she was 4w/1m so that we could establish a routine/I could figure out my parenting style, etc and she would be bigger, so I wouldn't be as nervous about people holding her or overly hormonal and not allowing others to hold or enjoy her. Either way, you should feel comfortable and others need to respect boundaries ... that is a lifelong battle as a parent, so draw those lines early! :)

While I do not mind pregnancy (once I make it past the halfway mark!), I'm on the fence if I'm ready for her to be here and am I going to enjoy the last 10 weeks. I will say, in the last day or two, my stomach has officially "hardened" so that it doesn't *jiggle* when I walk and is very clearly a pregnancy belly. That makes it just a wee bit more difficult to get comfy when sleeping and I can't *squeeze* through most spaces anymore  :/  But I did remember to start my kick counts and she is just as predictable/scheduled as her sister was, I can usually get done in < 5 min. I even had her beebopping to some "Word of Mouf" the other day and it made me giggle ... I was on a huuuuuuuuge Metal kick with DD1 and I've been vacillating between Metal, Current Pop, and 90s/00s Hip-Hop with DD2.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @Allycat11 we just started a few months ago. She's not perfect but a 90% effort is better than a 5% effort by me lol. I do find myself redoing a bit after she leaves (mainly I Swiffer the tile after she mops) if I see streaks or dust somewhere. But before we had her, the toilets would get cleaned like once a month or two and I can't remember the last time I had mopped lol. 

• So my MIL just called to wish me a happy anniversary. I thought that it would take more than 4 years for me to have an anniversary were I totally forgot it was my anniversary until someone else reminded me. 🤦‍♀️
  • Same here @sourlemon, it's definitely up to DH's standards, but unless he's willing to get off his ass and do all of that with me, I'm 100% ok with paying someone else to do it.

And, TBH, she's very open to constructive criticisms or "focal projects" whenever she comes. So anything that appears to have been an oversight from the previous visit, I just point out and it's addressed. In fact, I have her starting on a weekly basis the week of the 10th just so that I can have everything ready/done before the baby gets here. I already know I'll want some deep dusting - entertainment center, appliances, wainscotting, base boards, etc. - and ensure all of the things I want deep-cleaned or organized will be addressed (she loves to help organize and give me tips on doing better with closet organization/cleaning out closets, etc). Plus, then at least during maternity leave, I'll have someone around at least once a week to do majority of anything I don't get to, myself :) 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)