Hi everyone, I went in to the doctor's at 6 weeks 3 days on 5/13 because of side pains that I was worried might mean a tubal pregnancy. Luckily after the transvaginal u/s, it was determined I was not having a tubal pregnancy but the doctor said that there was no fetal pole or yolk after he found the sac. I have another scan on 5/29 to verify if the pregnancy is developing or not. I had a missed miscarriage last November at 9 weeks. Once again, I have all of the symptoms of pregnancy- vomiting, breast pain, fatigue. I will be so sad if this pregnancy doesn't happen for us. I had a D&C last time at 12 weeks when there was no sign of my body miscarrying naturally. This time, I'm considering asking for medication. However, I've read that if you go the route of a D&C or misaprostol (medication) that it takes your body even longer to heal than if you allow it to miscarry naturally. Is this true? It took us four months to get pregnant after the last mc. I'm very concerned about time because we're in our late 30's, so obviously I want to do what will be the fastest- all the while knowing that this whole possibility of having a baby is so out of my control. Any suggestions or past experiences? TIA!
Re: Better to Allow Natural MC?
That said, if things hadn't taken care of themselves rather quickly, I definitely would have gone the route of a D&C. Waiting to miscarry sucked... And I really only had to wait 4 days from that last scan.