December 2019 Moms

Weird dreams/baby gender dreams anyone?

I’ve been having some weird dreams. Last night I had a dream I found out baby was a girl. I’m only 8 weeks. But am wanting a girl really badly. Wondering if anyone else is having crazy dreams or experience with dreaming about gender? 🙂

Re: Weird dreams/baby gender dreams anyone?

• Yes!! I’m 9 weeks and I have been dreaming having a baby boy. I do want a baby boy badly :)
  • Yes!! I’m 9 weeks and I have been dreaming having a baby boy. I do want a baby boy badly :)
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2019
    I wonder if we will have what we dreamed!? Lol find out in a few months! I don’t think I can wait. I don’t remember having dreams about the baby’s gender with previous pregnancies. Wonder if other people remember and if they had what they dreamt. 
  • One of the really weird dreams I had before I even knew.... I dreamt I was pregnant and I had to be about 6 or 7 months along cause I had a belly and I had that condition where you get bumps and are super itchy. I remember scratching in my dream. Woke up and thought it was so bizarre. Found out I was pregnant 3 weeks later! 
  • I never remember my dreams but since being pregnant, I’ve had a few odd ones that I remember.

I’ve dreamt about two ex boyfriends (weird, since H and I have been together 14 years this year) and one dream that was awful **TW** about a miscarriage **end TW**.  Maybe the ex BF ones are midlife crisis dreams? Haha!
  • I dreamt of twins, which was terrifying but exciting. I also have had food dreams, like eating cheddar bacon biscuits with fried chicken and pumpkin pie. It was like a strange outdoor picnic but with a traditional thanksgiving table set up and all of my family and DHs family was there.
  • I dreamed about having a girl with my first baby and he turned out to be a boy :)

So no, I don’t think we get what we dream about. Haha
  • I've had lots of weird dreams within the last few weeks, which is fun because, sadly, I rarely remember dreams. The last one I still remember clearly was that my dad became a really awful pig farmer out of desperation and I was so upset I peeled his front yard off. Just peeled it right off with all my might. Yep!
    As for gender dreams, I've had one where a doctor told us were having a girl (and I cried happy tears in my dream because I really want a girl) but I had another dream I was all blue colored and pushing out a blue baby, which seems like that would mean a boy. I'm doing the NIPT, so I should know in a couple of weeks!
  • With my son I dreamed I had a girl but of course I had a boy. Funny thing though is when my sister was pregnant I kept having dreams about baby boy birds and she had a boy, my cousin is pregnant and I've had dreams about pink elephants before she found out she was having a girl. Thankfully so far no weird or gender dreams for me yet. 
  • The whole reason I thought I might be pregnant around 9-10 days DPO was because I was having such crazy, vivid dreams. I texted my friend and said “I am having the craziest dreams”, and she said “oh shit maybe you are actually making an embryo!” Haha we were right! 
  • jandawgjandawg member
    I have been having extremely weird and vivid dreams. Last night's involved trying to park cars on slippery slushy streets and a sort of half awake one where I was positive there was a duck sleeping on my neck (I'm terrified of birds - it's was very scary!). 
  • I had a dream last night my NIPT test came back, and it was a boy! Now I'm even more anxious to get that back and find out! It'd be crazy if that was right!
  • *TW*  have had 2 terrifying dreams now that I had been spotting bright red. *TW*
    I hate them. They are so real. 
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited June 2019
    @sunshineandlemons I’ve also had some crazy dreams, mostly not baby related, but I’ve remembered them enough to jot some details down!  One I dreamt that I was driving around town and seeing jungle animals roaming around freely (tigers, lions, etc), not attacking anybody, just meandering.  Somehow I wasn’t freaked out by that in the dream (?!?!).  

I’ve had a few about driving in scary locations where it felt like I was going to drive off a cliff or into water.  Just lots of nervous dreams mostly, creepy locations like old houses and precarious highways, and funky details like seeing people I haven’t seen since high school, or fictional characters from tv shows.  I had a similar dream of somebody I used to know hitting on my hardcore, probably my sex drive shifting up for pregnancy, haha!

@ktmaesim So sorry about the scary images in your dreams- those dreams can be so unsettling.  I hope your dreams improve!❤️
  • Last night I had the most vivid dream! DH and I had a home birth (crazy) and he delivered the baby himself. I dreamt baby was a specific weight of 9lb13oz, I hope that’s not a premonition! Baby was also a girl and looked just like DS as a baby. This was my first gender dream and it was so real!
  • @k_mama91 that’s crazy dream! Almost 10lbs!! 
  • I had another gender one last night. So tomorrow I go in to do genetic testing. And early on I had a dream baby was a girl (I also really want a girl) but last night I had a dream we found out baby is a boy. I was disappointed in my dream. 😕 we will know in about a week I guess. 
  • We are Team Green but last night I dreamt I had delivered our beautiful baby GIRL! 
  • @triwellnessgirl You're probably right! From my own experience, mom's intuition is right. I had a dream that our NIPT test came back that we were having a boy, and sure enough, it did!
  • bookworm492bookworm492 member
    edited June 2019
    Well I don't have any gender dreams,  but I only had one pregnancy  specific dream since I got pregnant and in ther dream I forgot if I was pregnant yet or if we were still trying to get pregnant so I had to take another test  :D
  • @rjgmcmanus That’s so crazy!!!!! 
    Well, in time I’ll learn if the dream is right or if my 2yo daughter is. Every time she sees my bare belly she says “Aw, Baby Brudder!” 😳
  • @triwellnessgirl Aww! That is super cute!