September 2019 Moms

The Big Nursery Thread!

Re: The Big Nursery Thread!

• kraanekraane member
    @LJMoon6 that’s commitment!! It looks amazing and I am a little jealous. 
  • @LJMoon6 omg I want to cry, that’s so beautiful!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @LJMoon6 it’s fantastic!!
  • @LJMoon6 looks amazing! 
  • @LJMoon6 Omg I love it! And it's turned out sooooo good! 
  • @LJMoon6 Stunning!!! It looks soooo good! 

DH shot my Hawaii nursery down after our BFFs visit. They both didn’t help by saying the existing artwork was adorable. He doesn’t want to spend unnecessary $ on more artwork since he “stole” the artwork we bought in Hawaii for another spot in the house. I was/am pissed. Such is life! Back to the drawing board!!
  • @lillywonderland bummer! Can you point out that no matter what theme you use, you’ll have to buy artwork for?! 
  • @lillywonderland Oh man! I loved your Hawaii theme! Could you maybe make your own artwork for the room? It would be extra special then! Or find some pieces at garage sales?! You could totally do the theme on a low budget. Or is that just YH's excuse he's using so he doesn't have to tell you he doesn't like it?
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 omg, that wall looks incredible!!!
  • @lillywonderland noooo you need that theme! It was so cute! And what @duewithpu2 said! You'd need to buy decor regardless, so he is just being silly. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• edited June 2019
    Thanks guys. I’ll give it a few more days and we’ll see what happens. I’m not super thrilled but he was never really that “into” the Hawaii theme. I’m just mostly sad that my mint color choice might be going away. Not sure if it will match - DH said it should, but I’m not convinced.

I did find a rug that’s pretty adorable that would match the existing artwork in the room that he’s approved already. We’re just waiting to see the rug we ordered for DS’s room since it’s from the same manufacturer.

eta - I like that DH wants to be involved in design choices (it’s his kid/house, too!), it’s just annoying sometimes because he gets in at the ground level, but then never does more from there. 
  • @LJMoon6 OMG!! I love it so much! Turned out amazing! You and your mom crushed it!
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • @cmdesigner I love your rug!!
  • @cmdesigner That is super cute!
  • Ladies - how do we feel about rugs on carpet? I think rugs can tie together a room but what if there's already carpet in our nursery? 
  • @nomangos23 I think a rug on existing carpet is fine, especially if the carpet isn’t too high pile or shaggy. Just make sure to get a heavier rug or anchor it so it doesn’t bunch up and become a tripping hazard. 
  • @nomangos23 I agree that a rug ties a room together and see no issues with putting one on carpet. We just put down our LR rug over the carpet and it just makes the room more "us".

Apparently white cribs are no longer popular? Went to BBB with mom yesterday to get cribs and they had zero in stock of the one I want in white. I had to order them, upside, the lady helping me stacked 20% off coupons and a few manager overrides made it hella cheaper. Was just kinda insanely frustrating. 

Also, holy sticker shock on crib mattresses. Do we have a thread going on those that I should dig up or talk about them here?
  • @cheshyre319 I’m on the hunt for white furniture too! I love it. I was going to check out buy buy baby. How long did they say it would take to come in?
  • It's already shipped and will be here this week. Ordering direct to home instead of store is about a week to a week and a half, at least thats what I was told. 

They have some really pretty, classic looking pieces right now too. 
  • @cheshyre319 thank you :) which set did you pick? 
  • @septoctkids I went with the Jenny Lind DaVinci convertible 3 in 1, mostly because I really like the style, it has great reviews, and it got shortlisted because it is recommended for taller people. I wont have to bend in half to lay a kiddo down!
  • @cheshyre319 just googled.. beautiful choice! I am still so undecided on the style I want. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon haha
  • Buying a convertible crib and I have the option to buy the toddler rail. Do you guys think this is necessary? 

• @nomangos23 as much as I loved that the toddler rail matched our crib, I could justify spending 100 dollars on it. I don’t think it’s necessary, it was fairly easy to use one of the regular rails they sell in stores. 
  • @nomangos23 We skipped the toddler bed for our son and plan to go right to a full size bed. We bought the full conversion set instead. I figured the toddler bed wouldn’t last too long and we couldn’t lay with him if he needed us. :) 
  • @nomangos23 I’m glad I got the toddler rail (although ours was only like $35 or $40). It’s definitely kept him from rolling out and I like that it matches. If it’s crazy expensive though I don’t think getting a different one is that big of a deal! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @nomangos23 I agree with @septoctkids we skipped the toddler bed. Mainly because we ended up cosleeping and one of us needed to lay with him while he fell asleep. He has a queen bed and has never fallen out! We switched him to his own bed at 10 months.
  • Thanks guys! It is an extra $110 so I think I’m going to skip. Plus there are cheaper ones that will do the job if needed
  • We used the cheap mesh one and never had an issue. If you plan on using crib as bed one day get rails now. With our 1st I didn't and they discontinued her set and I had to find it thru some super shady site
  • kraanekraane member
    @nomangos23 our crib came with the toddler rail. We used it for about 6 months before we decided to just switch her to a twin bed. So I think it’s a good decision to save the $110 and go for the cheaper one if needed. 
  • Settled on colors...3 gray walls and 1 navy/white striped. 
    Started painting the gray and it looks purple and I'm so disappointed. :(
  • @nightdreamr13 Oh no! I hate how subjective paint colors can be to lighting. I picked what I thought was a warm grey/beige when I painted a sample swatch. Now that the whole room is done it looks like such a cool toned grey. I’m hoping a second coat will help. Maybe once you get the other colors done it will offset the purple look 
  • @nightdreamr13 the gray is probably pulling in the navy tones. IF you're thinking about re-doing it I would recommend going with a warmer gray to balance the coolness of the blue. 

https://decoratedlife.com/how-to-choose-gray-paint-colors-accent-colors-for-your-rooms/

• I love rugs on carpet! I was unsure, but went for it in the nursery and loft and love it.

I want to go ahead and convert the nursery into a nursery/ big boy room because I just so badly want to do SOMETHING. H wants to wait as we wont even move the 2 year old out of the crib until baby needs it around 6 months. He's right, but...nesting!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe Damn our practical husbands! Isn't that annoying? Can you do any kind of baby prep for other areas of the house? Like a nursing/feeding station, closet organization, etc?
  • @nomangos23 Great idea! I did nursing and bathroom and changing baskets last time and want to re do those! 
    I've many closets to clean out, but no motivation for that, haha!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry