September 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: Wedding Cakes!!

Show us pics of your wedding cake!! Or maybe just cake. Because...CAKE!!

Re: GTKY: Wedding Cakes!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I love that idea! And the bird decals are perfect. I love them! 

@kdl89 wow! Your cake is stunning! 

We did have a small cake, but I don't have pictures right now. We weren't going to do a cake since we had a dinner after our reception at a restaurant that would provide a dessert, but my friend insisted on making one. She is a pastry chef. She actually made the cake the night before my wedding and then flew to the destination with it. I guess it was pretty comical taking it through TSA lol.
  • Options
    I'm just here to lurk. Haha 
    Our wedding was suuuper simple as we both are not into the extravagant wedding thing. We just wanted to party with the people we love. We had no supper, and no cake. We did pizza for a midnight lunch and that's it.  :)
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    Love seeing all the beautiful cakes and fun dessert tables! 

The cake topper on my cake isn’t my cake topper! I was so mad. Same initial thankfully  haha but we had a much fancier W cake topper that our cake place misplaced.. they never even told us! The cake came out beautiful so it was whatever. Worse things can happen, right? Haha 

• Options
    @lillywonderland The little bird cutouts are adorable!
    @kdl89 & @septoctkids I love how elegant both of your cakes are
    @duewithpu2 The cookie table is such a fun tradition. My husband is from PA, and we ended up doing our cookie table as the dessert for our rehearsal dinner.

It drives me crazy that wedding cakes are so expensive and the whole thing never gets eaten! I wanted just a small cake and my mom wanted a big one, so we ended up going with something in between. We also had lots of other dessert choices (that, surprise, disappeared way faster than the cake!). We borrowed the Lladro cake topper from my parents - my dad brought it back from Spain when they were engaged.

• Options
    @themadcamel those are beautiful! You’ve got some serious talent!
  • Options
    Whoa! Hidden talent! @themadcamel is a cake wizard! 
  • Options
    OMG @themadcamel those are gorgeous!!! I’ll take the second one please 😜
  • Options
    septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited May 2019
    @themadcamel wow, so talented!! We did, we had 270 guests. I have a big family and DH has a big group of friends. We even cut people from the list and ended up with that many.. all people near and dear to us. ❤️
  • Options
    So freaking fantastic @themadcamel! I want that last one right now
  • Options
    @themadcamel You're a cake baker too? uhhhh, would you stop being perfect  :D
  • Options
    thanks everyone :) . I like to bake when I'm stresed (which is often lol).

@nda_roxybabe your cake looks so pretty and fresh!
    @diner04 that dessert table is beautiful!!
    @nomangos23 girl, stahhhp. I just like to mess around at home. DH hates it when I bake because there's always a lot of swearing and a giant mess!
    @chimci what flavors were your cake? I didn't get to eat any of mine and I was so bummed. I did make it to the late night hot dog bar though, thank goodness :wink: .
    @cammie0526 German chocolate cake. My aunt's favorite.
    @redbreast35 I *think* it was a yellow cake inside with hazelnut ganache. I made it for fun before a close friend came over and we ate an embarrassingly large amount.

• Options
    @themadcamel those look AMAZING.

We only did a tiny cake for cutting and then had cupcakes. The tiny cake on the cupcake table was actually for H's grandparents to cut since it was also their 60th anniversary! And then for funsies, we did a candy buffet. 

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom You had me at candy. Mmm.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland we legit had pounds of candy leftover. A majority of it being Sixlets. My grandma thought we needed 10 lbs of them hahaha
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom I wish I wasn’t on mobile because I legit want to see all your candy choices and determine what I would’ve gotten (in like 4 bags)!
  • Options
    @lillywonderland if I remember correctly, we had Sixlets, Blue and Purple jelly belly's, Reese's, Saltwater taffy, Skittles, M&Ms and Gummy Bears! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @zuuls_mom Haribo gummy bears?? THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL!!
  • Options
    @lillywonderland is there any other kind!? 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @zuuls_mom I always knew there was a reason why I liked you so much!! 😜 I hid mini bags of Haribo gummy bears in our birdhouses for our “wedding favors”. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel Your cakes are beautiful! I'll take the second one please!
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom Now I really want candy.  Dang it!
  • Options
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @zuuls_mom The candy idea is great but I’m over here tearing up at the little cake for the grandparents to cut. 60 years is a long freaking time and that just hit me right in the hormones. 
  • Options
    @cammie0526 my favorite parts of my wedding day were parts that included them! They brought us our rings to exchange while we said our vows and we got special pics with them holding signs that said "Just Married" and "60th Anniversary". It was such an amazing day. I tear up every time I think about it. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    chimcichimci member
    @themadcamel One was mixed berry cake with lemon filling, one was marble cake with hazelnut filling, and I freaking cannot remember the other! Chocolate with something? Late night hot dog bar sounds amaaaaazing!