Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue:

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________.

eta spelling. whoops!

Re: Weekly Check In, w/o 4.29

• Options
    I have quite the love/hate relationship with that gif! :joy:

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/21 and 19+2

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Girl!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: zesty zucchini

Upcoming Appointments: a/s next wednesday. starting to get nervous.

How are you feeling?: not too shabby

Rants/Raves: found out some pretty shitty news at work today. My friend and current teammate got moved to a different grade next year and the person that's replacing him is awful. It also sucks because my other two teammates are the worst.

Questions: not today

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never been to a football game. People who don't know me well are surprised, friends and family are not.

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 19 weeks today! 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: A sweet potato
    Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan next Monday
    How are you feeling?: I feel great. It is almost making me nervous that I feel so well, but I'm trying to enjoy it. 
    Rants/Raves: I'm excited. My good friend is an interior designer, so she is going to come over tonight and help me with nursery plans. I want to redo the closet to be more functional and then figure out toy storage and all that good stuff. 
    Questions: nada
    GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________.
    had braces. I have really straight teeth, but it is all natural. I'm super lucky. 

@themadcamel FX for our scans next week. It is so nerve racking! And I'm sorry about your co-worker. Good co-workers make the Also, you've never been to a football game at all? Or just a professional game? 

ET: Tried to fix spacing. Not sure what is going on with it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kdl89kdl89 member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 21weeks 3 days (due Sept 6)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: ??? Finding out Wednesday!!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: baby is the size of a base ball hat

Upcoming Appointments: May 1.

How are you feeling?: I am feeling good. I have been having more heart burn and tums have been my friend.

Rants/Raves: only 2 more sleeps til we find out if jellybean is a boy or girl!!! Also my Husband is awesome on Friday he pick our daughter up from daycare early and took her to his moms, then suprised me at work when I got off and we went out for supper for our anniversary. It was so nice to go out just the 2 of us.

Questions: nope.

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank:

People are surprised that I have never Been to the United States. (I live in Candad like 3 to 4 hours from the boarder.) One day I plan to get my passport and go on an adventure to the States. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Sept. 15/ 20 weeks + 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Baby is as tall as a Starbucks Venti cup

Upcoming Appointments: Appt with the midwives and our AS on May 7th! So soon!

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty normal finally! Just frustrated with the upped discharge level happening and my boobs constantly leaking! But I'll take those over a lot of other pregnancy symptoms!

Rants/Raves: I am finally feeling little flutters and jabs from baby! I was getting anxious because it'll be 5 weeks since I have last heard baby's heartbeat and I wanted confirmation that things are okay in there. Baby finally rewarded me with some movement this weekend.  <3 

GTKY:  People are surprised that I have never watched The Office or GOT. 

kgg2241 I am the same with being very lucky to have straight teeth naturally. People always assume I have had braces and dentists even ask me. 
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @themadcamel Ugh, sorry you’re losing your work BFF for a floozy. I know what it’s like to have weak team mates :/ if I lost my work BFF I’d probably be miserable. Good luck at your AS! 

@kgg2241 What are you thinking for the nursery? What are you thinking for your functional closet space?! Share all the deets! And good luck at your AS :) 

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 19 w

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: banana! And is growing finger prints!

Upcoming Appointments: Had a regular OB appointment today, got to hear baby’s heartbeat and get a gentle reminder that 8 lbs may be a few more than I should have gained since my last appt. Whoops.

How are you feeling?: Great! I’m just trying to enjoy it while I can. Except the constipation is back and that’s no fun. 

Rants/Raves: Enjoyed the baby moon but am SO glad to have a few weeks home before I have to travel again. Spent the whole day yesterday getting caught up on laundry and house chores. Then of course ended the day with a solid episode of GOT (😯)

Questions: Not a question for you guys but o asked my doc this AM of having a consistently large-measuring baby meant you would go into labor earlier. Apparently nope. Great. But she did tag on “but don’t worry, big babies sleep better!” 😑

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never __thought about this one for a while and couldn’t come up with anything good. I guess I’m... cultured?_______.
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 21 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: stm+

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: baseball hat

Upcoming Appointments: end of may for 24 week appt

How are you feeling?: annoyed, aggravated, short tempered...I am just so bitchy lately and usually can contain it but lately, nope it's been coming out. The snarky things people have been saying to me I am responding back to instead of brushing off. I kind of like this but I feel like my family is very taken back by it. You want to ask me a rude question? Good cause I'll give you a rude response. I am getting very overwhelmed by work too and also the fact that we have absolutely not 1 thing done for this kid. I know it's our 3rd and we know the ropes but the "nursery" is a disaster. It is full a junk from when we moved and my DH is a hoarder so it's all his shit he refused to toss but yet will never use/need. Medical books from 10+ years ago and a broken dresser and old clothes that are decades old. I have been slowly nudging him to start going thru it but it keeps getting pushed to the back burner.  Sorry for the novel just needed to let it out a little.

Rants/Raves: I think I bitched enough above

Questions: Nah

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________.  I too have never had braces
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 18 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Artichoke

Upcoming Appointments: doctor's on Wednesday and anatomy scan next Monday (finally).

How are you feeling?: Starting to really feel pregnant. It's getting really hard to bend over, hips are starting to hurt while sleeping, etc.

Rants/Raves: this was the first weekend in two months that I wasn't sick (MS, bad cold, and food posioning combined). I got more done in 48 hours then I have in months. 

Questions: Nope. 

Drank a cup of coffee. I can't stand the taste. 

@kgg2241 keep us updated with the nursery! I need inspiration. This is the first time I can actually do a full nursery. Last time I was living in a tiny apartment. 
  • Options
    @supermom34482 we should start a “wives of hoarders” club. My husband hoards too. But he has a terrible memory so I can often discard things when he’s not looking and he’ll never remember 😂 but if I ask him to go through some of his things himself... no way. And unfortunately for our house it’s all stuff like car parts, extra wheels that a buddy doesn’t use, motorcycle gear... all very large (and dirty!) items 🙁
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 19+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM (DS is pretty much 2!)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green-ish for now!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Bump says baby is the size of a bowl of cereal. But I’m assuming it’s not a Forgetting Sarah Marshall bowl of cereal.

Upcoming Appointments: AS next Wed!! 

How are you feeling?: Great! Cute with my officially looking pregnant belly! Also, very scared with how big it is already! 😳

Rants/Raves: We spent some time with my sister and mom yesterday (and sister’s H). It was a quick visit, but I’m glad I got to chat with my sister for a little bit. They’re coming back down in two weeks to surprise my Mom for Mother’s Day!! I’m so excited! I also need to think of some good brunch-y recipes. DH has requested the meal plan by the end of this week. Any great recipes/ideas? 

Questions: ^^ see above. Need fantastic (and preferably easy) brunch-y recipes! 

People are surprised that I have NEVER had a cavity! 

*eta never. I’ve never had a cavity! I had to clear that up because it was bugging me!
  • Options
    @themadcamel Is it because of your love of Beyonce or the Beatles? Or hatred? Lolololololol! I’m sorry about your coworker moving grade levels and the other ones sucking. At least you’ll be out 1/2 the year? Maybe?

@kgg2241 Agree with PP. PLEASE update us all with your nursery plans. Because I feel like you and @themadcamel are my style spirit animals.

@kdl89 Happy (belated) anniversary!! How many years is it??

@kaceyallan So exciting for your first movements!! 

@nomangos23 I’m so glad you had a great baby moon! Lol @ your Ob and the big babies sleep better! I hope you have a perfectly average child in every sense of the word! 

@supermom34482 Eep. I’m sorry about the nursery crap. Hopefully YH can get his tushie in gear. Or maybe you just put his crap in the basement/garage? 

@dinosaur Like you’ve never ever had a full cup of coffee?? I wholeheartedly agree with you about it tasting nasty. I only resort to it when I’m pretty much a zombie. Which hasn’t happened too much. I prefer tea!
  • Options
    @themadcamel sorry you're losing your best work pal! That's such a bummer.

@kgg2241 Yes, I kind of need to know what your nursery plans are, so SPILL IT. Also good luck at your AS!

@kaceyallan yay for movement! It really is one of the best experiences ever. 

@nomangos23 so glad you had a nice babymoon!

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 20+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM (DS is almost 2.5)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Paper Airplane

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my AS so I won't be seen again until the end of May. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling nauseated off and on still and will randomly still get sick in the morning, but overall feeling pretty good. Sciatica is starting which isn't fun, but hopefully I can get some good stretching in to head it off. Honestly, the only thing hanging over my head is the Velamentous Cord Insertion stuff. I made the mistake of Googling it, so of course I am panicking a tiny bit. The OB I saw (not my normal one) wasn't concerned, but she was also talking really fast and seemed rushed so I don't know if she was just trying to hurry and get to her next appt. or if she really wasn't concerned. 

Rants/Raves: Rantish? The Velamentous Cord Insertion stuff is kind of freaking me out. I made the mistake of Googling it, so of course I am panicking a tiny bit. The OB I saw (not my normal one) wasn't concerned, but she was also talking really fast and seemed rushed so I don't know if she was just trying to hurry and get to her next appt. or if she really wasn't concerned. I am already bummed to know I will likely need another CS, but the other risks associated with it scare the ever loving sh*t out of me. 

Questions: Anyone have any experience with a Velamentous Cord Insertion? 

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never snuck out of the house as a teenager. I was so scared of my parents, I would have died lol. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @lillywonderland nothing more than a sip. I would probably barf if ever drank more. I just drink super caffeinated tea.
  • Options
    I started tagging people before reading through the responses, then realized that there are so many anatomy scans coming up. So excited for all of you!

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/9, 21+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: a head of endive (which would be great if I knew how big a head of endive is)

Upcoming Appointments: 5/14 for my 24-ish week appt

How are you feeling?: Extra large today. My bump definitely seems to grow and shrink more throughout the day and from day to day lately. 

Rants/Raves: DH and I went to a pottery wheel class this weekend with a couple of friends. We were all pretty awful at it but it was so much fun. They had to give me a little block to put my foot up on because my bump was getting in the way of proper arm placement  :p

Questions: Nope

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________ had a fake ID
  • Options
    Been pretty MIA the past week. Selling our house this week so things have been crazy!

EST Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 20 weeks to the day 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: On this day I have gained over a pound in blood because of baby! Neat :) 

Upcoming Appointments: I don’t know the exact date but in 2 weeks 

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good

Rants/Raves: just ranting about wanting to be settled in our new home. I’m itching to start the nursery and set up my toddlers room!! 

Questions: None right now

GTKY:  People are surprised that I have never watched Game of Thrones. 🤪
  • Options
    kdl89kdl89 member
    @lillywonderland thanks and we have been married 5 years. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel ugh, negative work changes are hard. Sorry.
    @zuuls_mom I hate that there always seems to be something to worry about in pregnancy. Google should be off limits for us at this time. My regular doctor always tells me that things are not in reality how it is made to seem. My husband is good at least for picking apart studies for me.

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 20w, 2d

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Endive, DS was disappointed this week in veggie/fruit

Upcoming Appointments: reg. Midwife group visit 5/14

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, tired but unrelated

Rants/Raves: kind of bummed out by the anterior placenta. DH lucked out and felt baby move once but DS wants to so bad and no dice. I also made the mistake of googling after I saw that baby was chilling in posterior position. I know they are moving all the time. Just shouldn't have googled!

Questions: whose had an anterior placenta before?  Baby posterior a lot but moved for birth? Anyone birth a posterior baby? So many varying stories.

GTKY:  People are surprised that I have never been to Disney World or Disney Land. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/11 20w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: A box of tissues

Upcoming Appointments: not until May 15th

How are you feeling?: ok, just constantly in pain in my pubic/groin area

Rants/Raves:  Going to try acupuncture today to see if it will help with my pain, doctor said that she’s known women who it’s helped, so I’m gonna give it a try!

Questions:  Anyone here ever try acupuncture?

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never.... well, not so much people, but my husband was shocked when I said I’ve never watched The Goonies... told me I was unamerican, haha
  • Options
    @mainemomma8316 I did accupuncture after DS was born due to low milk supply. I think it helped. Honestly I think the best part was that after doing the needles she turned down the lights and left me to lay there for like 20 min. During the newborn days that was heavenly! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 18+5, Sept 26

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink! Always pink.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: a sweet potato

Upcoming Appointments: May 15 for regular midwife appt, waiting to hear on scheduling A/S

How are you feeling?: Decent. Hungry. Tired. Threw up this morning which was no bueno after a decently long stretch of none of that. Literally getting up by 5 mins earlier can throw my nausea SO off. My MW had me do a 5 day food log which made it painfully obvious how terribly I've been eating, so, aiming to work on that... starting tomorrow.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I started acupuncture today (@mainemomma8316 coincidence!) and he has me coming 2x a week for the first couple weeks.  I think it'll be helpful.  Like @janat1717 said - it was nice to have 20 min or so of just quiet time with the lights down and calming music. He wants me to change my diet, too, and said that will likely help a lot. And gave me magnesium pills to help me settle and sleep better at night. Rant: 6YO SD has been struggling hard lately.  I think someone made fun of her at school for her parents not living in the same house, and she has been riding the emotional bus in a major way. We have her in therapy, etc etc, and are doing everything we can think of.  She's been especially cranky the last few days as her mom is out of town on business and she's with us for the full week, and she does POORLY with schedule disruptions.  BUT yesterday, apparently, she was having 'a day', and while her teacher was trying to get her to chill and giving the usual runaround of questions to assess what the problem was, she came up with that I 'hit her in the chest'.  Which led to the teacher filing a mandatory reporter accusation of 'abuse and neglect' against me with the state.  So yeah.  That's been super cool.

Questions: 

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________.  People are surprised that I have never had a big mac!
    This thread is making me want to do a 'never have I ever' GTKY post.
  • Options
    Lol I'll share nursery stuff as soon as we have something. We basically just did measurements last tonight. For the closet, I was hoping to do built-in drawers and shelves, but that might be too expensive. I'm super excited though. I was kind of just expecting her to give me some general advice, but she is going for it. She is drawing up a design plan and was super excited to help. 

@nomangos23 I missed your updates last week, but I am so so happy your AS went well, although I'm sorry the experience wasn't what you'd hoped for. And, GOT! I loved it so much. We actually rewatched the episode last night lol. And don't worry about your weight gain. Unless you are eating twinkies for every meal, I'm guessing it is what your body needs to support your pregnancy. That is what I'm telling myself at least!

@supermom34482 Girl, let it out! Sometimes we just need a good vent. And I'm sorry, you've got a lot going on and it sounds stressful. 

@lillywonderland I don't cook at all, so nothing to share. But I love that idea and I'm excited to hear what you make. Maybe you can find a fun mocktail mimosa recipe? 

@zuuls_mom Ugh, I'm sorry! No experience or advice, but I'm sorry you are worrying and for the extra stress!

• Options
    @kiddiesandkitties  :o Wwhhhaaaattttttttt. Trust me, I get the whole separated parents thing, and the disruption to schedule is hard on a kid, but abuse allegations? And of course the teacher is only doing what she's required to do. Your poor heart. What happens now? Do you have a good relationship with the mother? Will she freak when she hears about the report filed? Like you need any more stress to deal with in your life. I'm really sorry :( 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland we did a brunch for Easter last month and the food was fab.  I made::

https://www.kevinandamanda.com/ham-roll-ups-pinwheels/ and added caramelized onions, because I love them.  HUGE hit.  Super easy.  Will absolutely make again soon just for my family.

https://eatdrinkandsavemoney.com/blueberry-french-toast-casserole/ equally easy. equally delicious.

https://www.diyweddingsmag.com/recipe/bridal-shower-breakfast-idea-mini-pancake-stacks-2/ cute and easy. make it even easier and just use pancake mix.

roasted asparagus rolled with prosciutto
    roasted breakfast potatoes 
    pile o' bacon
    yogurt station with granola/honey/fruit 

My mom made a turkey, too, and had little slider rolls and all the fixins.  But that was for a big Easter crowd.
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Giiiirrrrllllll I hope you gave it to him just like that! DH tries to pull stuff like that occasionally too. I get "guy time" is important but the A/S is big and so is your 30th birthday. I would have pushed back too. lol I certainly hope he knows whats best for him. It sounds like you have a whole summer of mini baby moons planned anyway and he can ride his bike then. There will be trails. I promise. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I actually haven't brought it up to my midwives yet. I forgot at the last appointment, but I plan to bring it up next week. I have heard form other mom's that it's possible and typically means I will have no problem with milk supply. So I am not as freaked out anymore. It is just so annoying to constantly be using breast pads already. I tried one day without and leaked through my shirt! Mortifying!

Also, I'd lose it on my DH if I were in your position. So have at him! We've got your back!  :pensive:

Which state are you in? If you are close to me, come for a visit when you make your Canada expedition!  :)
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @kgg2241 that is so exciting! I’m so eager to start on the nursery!
    @supermom34482 sorry your DH is being difficult about your nursery. That would be incredibly frustrating! I'm right there with you having nothing done for this kid.
    @dinosaur My hips keep me up all night if I don't wedge a pillow between my thighs! This will be my first time doing a nursery too since we lived in an apartment with DS. So exciting!
    @lillywonderland I'm a sucker for french toast. I love making it out of banana bread! 
    @janat1717 I've never been to Disney either!
    @kiddiesandkitties OMG what a mess! How has her other set of parents handled it? I've also never had a Big Mac! 
    @LJMoon6 Yay for the new camper, but that is so frustrating what your husband did! Hopefully he comes to his senses.

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/24 and 19 weeks today

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green by default

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: as tall as a string cheese!

Upcoming Appointments: AS NEXT WEEK !!!

How are you feeling?: Tired and hungry!

Rants/Raves: A new hire started two weeks ago, and she has ZERO office etiquette. She is driving everyone nuts. Everyone in the office is close, likes to chit chat throughout the day, and very laid back. She is the exact opposite. Always flustered, can’t concentrate unless everything is organized to her liking, and has no problem telling anyone (including her boss) how things are going to be. Yesterday she snapped on me while I was discussing something work related to her office mate. She is on my last nerve! 

Questions: nope

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never eaten any type seafood other than shrimp.
  • Options
    septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited April 2019
    @LJMoon6 We did! We had about 50 groups of people through during our open house weekend, and got a good amount of offers. Got offers the night of the open house so it went fast! We love our home. It’s completely move in ready. It’s so bitter sweet but we are ready for a bigger home with another little one on the way. We actually decide tonight on which offer we are going with. So fingers crossed all goes well and we will close mid June, which will give us a good amount of time to find a new house too. Just glad to have the selling part almost over with! Thanks for asking. We love to camp too! My son loves the camper. You’re going to make so many wonderful memories when you’re little one arrives with camping. 🥰
  • Options
    @janat1717 I had an anterior placenta with my son. Labor and delivery was quick. Didn’t seem to affect anything. Posterior this time around. 

@mainemomma8316 have you asked your doctor about SPD? I had it with my son. They sent me to physical therapy. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I really like the group appointments. The midwife goes over all the general info for where we are at together and then we go back individually one by one. The conversation is great while we wait and I'm FB friends with a couple of moms now. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 yeah I will be getting more scans to monitor her growth. They're already calling her "petite". I didn't get to meet with my OB after the AS since she wasn't there and the one I did meet with while she wasn't concerned was also talking a mile a minute and made me feel super rushed so I don't know if I got as much reassurance as I need. I am going to talk my my actual OB about it so I can get her thoughts and how she wants to monitor this. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days:  9/27 18w4d

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM (DS is 19 mos)

Team Green/Pink/Blue:  Blue #2!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...:  A cucumber.  Which is fun because I sometimes call DS my "cutecumber".  :)  

Upcoming Appointments:  A/S on 5/9!

How are you feeling?:  Great!  I have been having lots of leg itching, which means I'm undergoing blood testing for intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, which is a super fun sounding liver issue.  I'm not stressed about it as I don't think I have it, but I get the results back at the end of this week.  Related rant is below. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave:  I survived my first trip without DS and was able to go for morning runs every day, which was AMAZING!  Rant:  DS now doesn't believe that I'll be home after work each day, so every morning he thinks he's saying goodbye forever.  It's painful.  I'm hoping that passes soon!  Rave 2:  That GOT episode was so intense!  I was like, ummm, is it ok for me to be so nervous?  Am I going to permanently emotionally scar DS2???  Haha.  Rant 2:  My midwife seems rather disorganized on the paperwork front.  She's great clinically, which is what really matters, but she's made several gaffes with paperwork, including not ordering my blood work properly, necessitating in me going to give a blood sample TWICE for this whole liver condition issue.  Mistakes happen, but I've also caught her in lies about it - she blamed the lab and they showed me on the screen where she didn't order the test until yesterday (I initially gave blood a week ago).  Grrr.  

Questions:  Nothing here.

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________.  I have nothing on this one.  I'm sure there are things, but all I can think of is what people might be surprised to hear that I have done.  Hmm.  
  • Options
    @themadcamel ugh, losing a work buddy sucks!

@LJMoon6 Oh, I would murder my H if he tried to pull that. You don't get to say "we" are staying home to save money and then take off to go have fun. Nuh-uh. I'll ride that NopeTrain all the way down. Good luck!

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Sept 23, 19w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM!

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Double Blues!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Gameboy Classic

Upcoming Appointments: AS tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: Hungry. Always. Followed by nausea and rage. Ugh. 

Rants/Raves: So, DH has housing provided as part of his work contract. Well, there is a new facility manager who recently toured all the housing including ours and promptly decided that our house is unsafe for me twin carrying clumsy ass. Granted it was built early 1900s, the stairs are wicked steep, and the basement staircase rocks (cause the basement floods and that's where the washer/dryer is). So, he's been going thru all the available housing and found a much, much newer ranch to transfer us to. In 3 weeks. On one hand I'm super excited. On the other, I now have to get us packed and move ready ASAP when this only hit my radar as a possibility end of last week. So overwhelming. At least the boys will have a real nursery? 

Questions:  none come to mind 

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never 
    No clue! I guess I've done lots of things?
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 20 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM - DD will be 3 in June

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Paper Airplane!

Upcoming Appointments: Had my Anatomy scan yesterday and all was great! SO RELIEVED to have gotten through that! And so relieved that no one told us the sex accidentally!

How are you feeling?: I feel pretty great actually. Restless leg is annoying but manageable with the lotion I've been using (though I'm going through it at rapid pace and its expensive!!). Other than that I am enjoying the 2nd trimester respite! 

Rants/Raves: Recently found out that another 2 friends of mine are expecting this Fall! So excited to have babies so close! 

Questions: None today!

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________. Seen most recent movies. I'm not a fan of going to the movies and I rarely have time to sit & watch one on demand, so if it came out in the last 10 years or so, I likely haven't seen it! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @kaceyallan I leaked with both of my previous pregnancies.  My milk came in super fast after delivery and I never had a supply issue.  But I know the frustration you are feeling right now. 
    @supermom34482 My DH is a hoarder too.  I literally had to have 2 large dumpsters brought to the house to empty it out before I moved in with him.  Then we had to get 2 more at different points after that.  Thankfully, I have most of it under control now with the exception of his office. 
    @zuuls_mom My cousin's wife had the same issue with the cord for her first pregnancy.  Outside of extra monitoring everything went smoothly and now they have a fiesty, full of energy 4 year old. 
    @LJMoon6 Nope, Nope, Nope.  I sure hope you expressed exactly how you were feeling with your husband. 

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 19+3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM +

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Gameboy

Upcoming Appointments: A/S next week

How are you feeling?: Alright in general.  Still battling migraines.  Also, I can't clean without not being able to walk upright the next day.  Maybe it's time to get a housekeeper?

Rants/Raves: Almost 1/2 way there! Also feeling her move a lot more which calms my nerves. 

Questions: 

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never ____IDK, I'm bad at these things_____.
  • Options
    UFJenUFJen member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/9, 21 + 1

Team Green/Pink/Blue: team pink!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...:   the weight of a can of soda

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing again until 5/20

How are you feeling?: Feeling really good, the second trimester has been so good to me!!

Rants/Raves: Excited because we looked at houses last Thursday, made and offer and they accepted. Now we are going through the process. Trying not to get my hopes up because things happen, but getting so excited!!

Questions: Nothing right now

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________ broken a bone
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Wow, that’s crazy! It went well for me, had a little bit of relief right after and as the day has gone it’s actually gotten better, still have some pain but I’m going back for another session on Monday.

@septoctkids I have talked to my doctor, I developed pain after I had my first baby and ended up getting an MRI and had “Ostesis Pubis” and with a combo of Aleve and Tylenol I was able to get rid of it, but the pain has come back and I of course can’t use that combo of meds, but I am hopeful for this, my doctor actually suggested I try it.
  • Options
    diner04diner04 member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/7, 21w4d

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: baby is as tall as a Starbucks Trenta size cup

Upcoming Appointments: End of May

How are you feeling?: Good! I have really been enjoying second trimester

Rants/Raves: Rave: Had our AS last week and found out we are having a girl so have been getting together with close family and sharing the news which has been fun! DH and I have 5 nephews so this will be the first granddaughter/niece on both sides of our family which is exciting! Rant: Everyone is giving my DH a hard time about having a girl. He's more of a manly man and this is our first baby. But he is getting a lot of comments like it's going to be fun watching you struggle with a girl and continued questioning on how he is feeling that its a girl. Yes I think he was hoping a little bit for a boy just because he is more comfortable with "boy things" but he is just as happy to be having a girl and I know he is going to be such a great dad. And our girl could very much be into the things he is (definitely going to get her a pair of carhartt's like daddy), doesn't have anything to do with gender in my opinion. In the beginning I felt like it was just some playful teasing but now its getting a little annoying and feel like DH gets a little uncomfortable when peppered with questions about our girl and as a first time dad feel like he could hear more words of encouragement. 

Questions: 

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never __
    Having a hard time coming up with something for this but I am with @dinosaur in I have never drank a cup of coffee only ever sips, I find it gross. The other thing I dislike that people think I am weird for is mint. Any dessert with mint in it, no thanks!

@kiddiesandkitties oh no so sorry to hear your SD is going through a difficult time. I get it as a teacher we are mandated reporters but that still sucks! I hope it all gets resolved quickly. 

@LJMoon6 I would be irate if my DH tried to pull that! He definitely can't miss your 30th and the AS, those are both huge things! but happy almost birthday, I hope it ends up being a great day and he does something special for you (including being with you to celebrate)! 

• Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9-19-19 making me 19w 6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Green!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Crepe Suzette also 11oz as of yesterdays AS

Upcoming Appointments: Couple more weeks, just had my AS yesterday

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. The usual tired and some aching stomach from growing

Rants/Raves: Really annoyed with the issues with H's job and its causing a lot of stress which is no fun. Also means we're buckling down on spending so no fun baby stuff (though we have most everything) and no prospect of a new house any time soon.

Questions: Nah

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never been Trick or Treating!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Thinking of you all having your anatomy scans in the days ahead!
    @themadcamel that sucks about your work news!
    @lillywonderland I'm impressed by the no cavities!
    @septoctkids hope selling the house goes well, glad you got some offers! And good luck with finding a new place you love, when you get to that. Moving is just so stressful, but hope it all goes as smoothly as it can!
    @zuuls_mom I am so sorry for the extra stress. No experience, and no advice either. I googled it after you posted about it in the A/S thread - really glad you're going to talk to your regular OB about it.
    @LJMoon6 glad your u/s didn't turn up anything! Oh man I'm so pissed at YH on your behalf! What a thing to even suggest!
    @mamaber2204 your poor DS, I'm sure he will get past it soon but that sounds so hard. And that's really aggravating about the paperwork. That kind of thing drives me insane - especially when people try and obfuscate what they did to sidestep responsibility. Good luck with the blood work results!
    @cheshyre319 that sounds like a good move, but wow that's a lot of work on short notice! Good luck with all of it!
    @MsBeachNJ so glad you had a great scan (and avoided learning the sex)!
    @UFJen good luck with the house!

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 9/6, 21w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM, 20 mo DS

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: endive

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one yesterday - just the basic appointment, went fine. Saw someone I hadn't seen before and thought they were a little weird, but they don't deliver at the hospital so whatever! Next appointment in a month.

How are you feeling?: OK! Pelvic floor is achy, way beyond anything I remember from being pregnant with DS, and I've been so tired - but tired is probably mainly not getting to bed early enough.

Rants/Raves: I've been a bit overwhelmed with stuff to do, so wasn't online for a few days - sorry to be MIA, I missed you guys and have been reading and catching up!

Questions: Not really

GTKY:  Tell us something random about yourself that people are surprised you have never done. Aka - Fill in the blank: People are surprised that I have never _________. People are surprised I've never eaten sushi.
    And people are surprised that I've had braces, lol - I wasn't so good with the retainer and they're better than they started out, but they're not straight.