How is it the end of April already? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Boy/Girl/finding out later? 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What part of summer are you most looking forward to this year?  Is it different "normal" years vs this year? 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) w/o 04/28

• BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26+1

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Girl

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

Upcoming Appointments: standard midwife tomorrow

How are you feeling?: good. My calves have healed from the brutal motn Charlie horses last week.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What part of summer are you most looking forward to this year?  Is it different "normal" years vs this year? 
    Visiting family and friends/cottage time. 
    Similar to other years,  but we are going in June instead of July so it won't quite be "summer" in that our family members who teach won't be on holidays yet, and the water won't have has time to warm up as much. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• mkrelmkrel member
    How is it the end of April already? Seriously, time is flying by way too quickly!!!!!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  26+2 8/3

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Girl

Baby is the size of a(n): Butternut Squash

Upcoming Appointments: 5/14 general prenatal check and GTT

How are you feeling?: I have been dealing with a ton of asthma related problems and now as of last night I'm pretty sure I can add ear infection to the list. The pain is unreal, so I'm heading back to the doctor this afternoon.  I just want to be healthy and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy.  To top it off my husband mentioned that my last pregnancy was just as difficult last night, which it most certainly was not.  

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: Is anyone else starting to feel more exhausted and tired? I'm wondering if it is all of the illnesses I've been dealing with or if we are getting towards third tri as well, which is slowing me way down. 

GTKY: What part of summer are you most looking forward to this year?  Is it different "normal" years vs this year? For sure different.  My husband has the week of Fourth of July off each year, and I'm bummed that it is too late for us to travel this year.  In general I'm looking forward to bringing my daughter to the pool and splash pads since she is able to do more this summer.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Realized I only answered the gtky first bc my cursor was at the bottom after copying and pasting and I never went up lol

@mkrel yes to feeling more tired.....and feeling way slow

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @mkrel - I was thinking the same thing - I can't believe it's May already. I saw my OB last week and I was like, 'it's going by too quickly. I need more time!'

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25 wk + 6 days

Boy/Girl/finding out later?  Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

Upcoming Appointments: none until end of May

How are you feeling?: Ok. I'm also feeling really tired. I stayed in bed until 8am yesterday and took a nap in the late morning. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: Anyone else experiencing frequent BH contractions? I've been experiencing frequent BH, especially at the end of the day -- around 8/hr when I'm exercising and around 4-6/hr in the late afternoon/early evening. My doctor isn't concerned as long as I'm staying super hydrated, but it kind of has me freaked out (I'm a crazy anxious person). 

GTKY: What part of summer are you most looking forward to this year?  Is it different "normal" years vs this year? I'm really looking forward to the beach - my husband and I only made it to the beach once last year. I'm hoping we'll make at least a couple of trips in July before baby comes. 
  • hemlheml member
    @mkrel I’m definitely feeling more exhausted and tired, and it’s very frustrating because weeks 17-22ish were amazing. 

@sw1122 I don’t think I’ve had any BH contractions, but I do get a good amount of pelvic pain. (According to dr google, it’s not BH because it’s a dull achy pain that lasts awhile?)

How is it the end of April already? 
    In some ways, 2nd tri s flying by but then I think of having 14ish weeks to go and it feels like it’s going slooooowwww

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    Aug 2/26w3d

Girl

cauliflower

Upcoming Appointments:
    May 10

How are you feeling?:
    Good, more tired and bigger but overall good. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Our last big trip of this pregnancy is to Montana this weekend to see MH’s family. The temps are going to be cool, so I’m looking forward to that and plan to do an easy hike. 

Questions: 

Lots of pool time. It’ll be different because I won’t be drinking near as much rosé this summer! 
  • @sw1122 I'm with you on the BH train.  End of day and when I've got back to back lessons to teach mostly and can't just sit down and take a minute. Some of them are long....like, it almost seems like Friday afternoons are one big long unrelenting contraction :/ I can see my ute tighten in the middle/top (it goes super round and hard to the touch) but I don't feel it tighten on the bottom at all,  so no pelvic pain for me. 

BH are my most "uncomfortable" pregnancy symptom so far.  I can tell hip pain is coming bc I get it sometimes and it's getting more frequent,  and the occasional Charlie horse.. other than that I've lucked out so far with specific symptoms

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @sw1122 That was going to be my question too! I didn't have this at all with DS 1 so it's something new for me. I was thinking it was too early for BH, but I feel better not being alone in that. 

How is it the end of April already? 27 Days of school left! Not that I am counting or anything...

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8-5/26 weeks

Boy/Girl/finding out later?  Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Upcoming Appointments: I have my regular appt next week with my glucose screening. 

How are you feeling?:  Super tired. I think more so from stress at work, but I have been dragging the last week. Also, hungry, for all the sweet things. Dang Easter got me hooked on Reece's Eggs. 

Rants/Raves: My mini rant is maybe better suited for Monday B-Fest, but I cleaned all day yesterday while my DH and StepDS were at a baseball tourney. I had stuff in our garage that needed to be taken to the garbage cans, typically I just throw it all out my kitchen door and then move it all at once. When they got home, they had stuff to throw away and they BOTH had to literally climb over garbage bags to get down the stairs, but did either of them actually move the trash to the cans? No. I was irrationally angry. 

Questions: I was going to ask if anyone was having BH contractions but sw1122 already did so that was helpful! 

GTKY: What part of summer are you most looking forward to this year?  Is it different "normal" years vs this year?   I am just looking forward to no schedule for a bit, and then getting to delay my back to school by a few months! :) 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    8/5, 26w
    Boy
    Kale
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Friday for follow ups and glucose test
    How are you feeling?:
    I've been super irritated today, all day long. I just feel off and bitchy.
    Rants/Raves: 
    See above
    Questions: 

I'm just looking forward to the school year being over!
  • @BigBadWolf12 @Cam1027 I'm relieved I'm not the only one! I didn't feel them as frequently yesterday - @BigBadWolf12 - I think mine also get worse as the week progresses. I usually feel mine in my lower abdomen. Sometimes, I barely feel them, I just know it's happening because my lower abdomen is rock hard.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    August 2nd, 26 weeks + 4 days

Boy!

A 7-11 Double Gulp Cup (according to babysizer.com, which translates your weekly pregnancy baby sizes to fun things, such as food items, geeky trivia, "manly" items)

Upcoming Appointments:
    Tomorrow is the Glucose Test :( Wish me luck. Planned for 7 AM to just get it over with.

How are you feeling?:
    Swelling/heartburn/occasional constipation/back aches/generally uncomfortable and needing to get some new clothes.

Rants/Raves: 
    Just started feeling the occasional Braxton Hicks.... not fun.

Questions: 

It doesn't feel "normal" that's for sure. Every plan is having to be re-scheduled around whether I should be good to travel, whether the nursery will need more work before I get too big/tired, whether we want to travel to where my family is but it's 20+ degrees hotter there.... I'm spoiled to live in a mountain town, so I won't have to deal with temps this summer much warmer than about 88 degrees :)

• hemlheml member
    Hey @flagchic, welcome! I haven't noticed you in our group 1 before (please ignore and blame my pregnant brain if you have!), so I just wanted to say hiiii to my due date twin! Good luck with the glucose test, I'm not looking forward to mine next week. I know I've been having too many oreos and ice cream than I should. OOPS. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26w5d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy!

Baby is the size of a(n): Butternut squash

Upcoming Appointments: May 21 regular ob appt

How are you feeling?:  Rocky.  I haven't felt much for participating lately and I wish I could get out of that particular funk because I miss keeping up with everyone.  I am just not in a good place right now and it makes it hard participate in normal everyday conversations here and IRL. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What part of summer are you most looking forward to this year?  Is it different "normal" years vs this year?  just not having to wear a jacket when I leave the house since I dont have one that fits my bump.  

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited May 2019
    Haha funny jacket story @moon1417 : in grade 9 I got a new rain jacket and my mom made me get a size bigger than I needed "so I could grow into it". It fit me all the way through 3rd tri...and I could zip it up while wearing DS for a couple months after birth too 😂 lol

Eta I was reading while making dinner and must have missed your "rocky" section.  I wasnt trying to be insensitive by focusing on the gtky. So sorry you're having a hard time right now.  Let us know if there's anything we can do to make things easier on you <3

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @moon1417 - I'm sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know if there's anything we can do. 
  • Cam1027Cam1027 member
    @moon1417 I am truly sorry you are feeling that way.  I don't have any advice or insight but I am sorry you are struggling. 
  • @heml Hello! Yes, I'm very new to the Boards and the Community! I've been just reading for awhile and finally decided to throw in my say here and there :)

The glucose drink didn't taste nearly as bad as I thought it would! I thought I'd struggle to get it down, but generally it was an easy drink. The harder part was feeling sick about 30 minutes later because of the sugar and an empty stomach (I'm a breakfast eater- every single morning- so I was probably feeling the effects of the fasting). I also have awful collapsing veins so it took them three tries to get the blood to draw, but in the end, I was out in an hour and fifteen minutes, so I can't complain! I'll know the results tomorrow.
  • hemlheml member
    Glad you jumped in @flagchic! Fingers crossed you passed. Thanks for the heads up on the hunger afterwards... I better pack a snack to eat right after.