September 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 4/26: Rockers, Gliders, and Chairs, OH MY!

I thought it was Thursday today!

Spotlight is on rockers and gliders this week. Let's hear about/see what you've got!

You can find the list of past PSs here.

Re: Product Spotlight 4/26: Rockers, Gliders, and Chairs, OH MY!

• Options
    I'll start. LOs room will have a MCM vibe, and I'm completely stuck on what kind of chair to get. I want something super comfy (like a power glider/recliner), but it also needs to look modern and nice with the room. I love the look of a traditional rocking chair like these

but I'm worried they won't be comfortable enough. I really want to be able to snuggle up in the chair and spend time reading and napping in it!

• Options
    @themadcamel I love those, but I'd we worried about the arms not being comfortable. We are also doing a midmod vibe, so I'll let you know if I find anything. So far, no luck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have this swivel glider from Babyletto which has a lot of MCMish furniture. (We ordered it from Amazon - registry discount FTW!!)

• Options
    We have the Dutailier Sleigh Glider Multi-position Recliner and will be using it with this LO as well. I love it! Super comfy, good quality and it glides really smoothly. I wanted something with comfy arm rests and a high back so I could lay my head back easily. I slept in it for a good 2-3 weeks after DS was born since I couldn't lay flat after my CS. 

Dutailier Sleigh Glider-Multiposition Recline and Ottoman Combo EspressoDark Grey

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    monkeysmom80monkeysmom80 member
    edited April 2019
    I am a recliner all the way! It makes breastfeeding so much easier, at least for me.  And also, I slept in mine a lot and it was much more comfortable than our rocker.

ETA: When I say recliner, I mean full on La-z-boy chair
  • Options
    Pretty sure we are going to move this to the nursery.  It's currently in our bedroom and the cat uses it as her bed at night.  She'll have to find someplace else to snooze (she refuses her actual cat bed).
    I like it that it's greenguard gold certified, so no harmful chemicals.

• Options
    We recently bought this one for our room (in advance prep for baby and also hoping it would help with DD who has been struggling to stay asleep at night). It’ll stay in our room while baby’s bassinet is in with us, and then probably move to the nursery when she converts to a crib. 

Its super comfy, the seat is nice and deep, and it rocks/reclines/swivels. No complaints.

• Options
    @kgg2241 I’ll keep my eyes peeled too!
    @lillywonderland that’s a really attractive chair. I was looking at some of the other babyletto chairs but couldn’t find any to sit on in real life. Is it firm or more squashy?
    @zuuls_mom that looks comfy AF!

If I had a big nursery, I’d totally put a chaise in there. 
  • Options
    When we had DS, we lived in a smaller townhouse and didnt have room for anything additional so I just used our recliner. It worked just fine. We have a rocking chair that belonged to DH's grandmother and it is hella uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    My mom just refinished and brought me a fantastic rocking chair. I have no idea what it is about it but it is so much comfier than any other chair I've been in  
    But I still have the rocker/recliner from BBB on my registry, just in case.