3rd Trimester

32 weeks, excrutiating pain & stomach bug

I woke up yesterday at 2am with horrible lower back pain, and an extra heavy, tight crampy abdomen. drank tons of water, showered, bathed tried my best to sleep ended up going to L&D concerned about preterm labor. Baby looked fine, slight braxton hicks contractions, & not dilated so the doctor suggested this was probably either my new normal, or I had a back spasm or something of the sort, no big deal. pain went away for about an hour, then it came back steadily for 5 hours I thought I was dying, I could hardly concentrate. ended up laying down at a friends house, and threw up heavily filling up half a grocery bag (TMI). STILL felt crappy after taking a 3 hour nap, went home, took a hot bathe and tried to sleep again. 1230 am comes and I'm vomiting again. (called doctor and they said likely a GI bug, clear liquid diet & if pain worsens come in). Thankfully I feel back to normal this morning, but wow. that pain was horrendous. exactly how i imagine contractions during the early part of labor. sorry for the long post, but wondering if any mommys had this painful experience with a stomach bug during their third trimester? 

Re: 32 weeks, excrutiating pain & stomach bug

• I woke up yesterday at 2am with horrible lower back pain, and an extra heavy, tight crampy abdomen. drank tons of water, showered, bathed tried my best to sleep ended up going to L&D concerned about preterm labor. Baby looked fine, slight braxton hicks contractions, & not dilated so the doctor suggested this was probably either my new normal, or I had a back spasm or something of the sort, no big deal. pain went away for about an hour, then it came back steadily for 5 hours I thought I was dying, I could hardly concentrate. ended up laying down at a friends house, and threw up heavily filling up half a grocery bag (TMI). STILL felt crappy after taking a 3 hour nap, went home, took a hot bathe and tried to sleep again. 1230 am comes and I'm vomiting again. (called doctor and they said likely a GI bug, clear liquid diet & if pain worsens come in). Thankfully I feel back to normal this morning, but wow. that pain was horrendous. exactly how i imagine contractions during the early part of labor. sorry for the long post, but wondering if any mommys had this painful experience with a stomach bug during their third trimester? 
    Had that type of pain with a stomach bug NOT pregnant.  Glad you are feeling better though.