edited April 2019 in December 2019 Moms
 Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? 

Re: Group 1 Check In 4/22 DD 12/1 -12/8

• Options
    Due date- Tentatively due 12/5 7w4d with twins

STM- DS will be 9 in December 

Team finding out/blue/pink/green- we will be finding out and hope for one of each but overall just want healthy babies.

Upcoming appointments- second US on 4/29

How are you feeling- SO exhausted! Having waves of nausea that are only combated with constant eating. So far cravings are pasta and candy!

Rants/Raves- none at the moment 

Questions- any other twin mommas in D19? I have a million questions from someone whose already been broken in lol! 

GTKY- We are going to Pensacola Beach at the end of June with my parents, grandparents, and brother. I’m looking forward to some sun and hopefully fresh seafood!
  • Options
     Due Date / Weeks + Days: December 1st/ 8 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We're definitely going to find out. I think we may wait to tell any friends until we know the sex and do it at the same time. I'm going to see if the doctor will put the results in an envelope and maybe get a blue/pink cake and have it be a surprise for us too.

Upcoming Appointments: May 10th-- doctor is making me wait until nearly 11 weeks. Ugh.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I've felt nauseous the last 3 weeks or so-- just a pit of the stomach constant feeling of "ick", which is mostly during the late morning/afternoon/evening. 

Rants/Raves: I'm generally feeling impatient about keeping this secret. 

Questions: Is there a FB group going? Would love to have someone to text/fb with and talk about this as I go. It's really hard since I haven't told anyone and I am the first of most of my close friends to have a child (despite the fact that I'm 31:p). 

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where?: Not planning on it but we went on a cruise in January! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doctorcrime I don’t do social media but a fb group seems like it would be fun! 
  • Options
     Due Date / Weeks + Days: Due 12/1. 8w2d. Due date twins with you, @doctorcrime 😊

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Finding out. Obviously, I want a healthy baby and will be happy either way, but would love to have another girl. I always wanted a sister so I’d love if my daughter got that. 

Upcoming Appointments: Had my 1st appt yesterday and my next one is 5/24

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Tired but overall pretty good. Not starving as much as I was but eating a ton of fruit. Can’t. Get. Enough. 

Rants/Raves: I hate the bloat. Grrrr.

Questions: None so far

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? Nope, maybe a long weekend here and there. We had our honeymoon in early March, so that was our big trip for the year. 
  • Options
    k_mama91 said:
    @doctorcrime I don’t do social media but a fb group seems like it would be fun! 
    I don't have FB on my phone and only do it when I am home. I'd also be open to creating a group gmail google chat or groupme (if anyone has that). It'd be nice to be able to check-in when I'm struggling at work or just want to chat in excitement about the days to come! :)
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12/5; 7 weeks 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:  FTM at 37.  I'm a late bloomer :)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Finding out ASAP!  I'm a planner

Upcoming Appointments:  First ultrasound on 5/1.  I'm counting the days!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  I've been pretty nauseated.  It seems to be worst later in the day for me.  Most foods don't appeal to me right now, but I've been craving Jimmy John's subs and popsicles.  I've also been feeling mildly grouchy most of the time. 

Rants/Raves:  I'm getting antsy about keeping this to myself!  My husband and I haven't told anyone yet.

Questions:  Has anyone had their 8 week appointment yet?  Did you get to hear the heartbeat?

GTKY:  No big trips any time soon because we just went to Japan last November.  Maybe a long weekend trip this summer to Boston.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 I had mine yesterday! Could see and hear the heart beating! ❤️
  • Options
    thegcthegc member
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/1; 8 wks 3d
    (Yay 12/1 twins @sunshineandlemons & @doctorcrime )

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM at 38
    so another late bloomer @blueskychicago12

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: going to try and keep it as a surprise- I like that it is one of the few times in life for a truly happy surprise.

Upcoming Appointments: Need to do a first midwife appointment, hopefully next week. My first proper Us is May 21st, which is ages away. I already caved and paid for a private Us this past weekend. Was so excited/relieved to see the heartbeat

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): symptoms for me seem to be up and down- mostly feeling nauseous waves throughout the day. Just can’t seem to want to eat at dinner though. 

Rants/Raves: We told his mom this weekend and asked her to keep it to herself as we are waiting to tell everyone else after 12 weeks. She then told my sister in-law not 10 mins later in front of us, because “she had already guessed it”. His mom then decided to tell a horrible story about a neighbour losing a baby, because 🤷🏻‍♀️. So that was fun.

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? We just had our honeymoon in Feb (Australia & New Zealand), so probably limited fun holidays for the remainder of the year. Will do a long weekend in July to visit friends in France which should be really nice (based in the UK, so that is a nice short flight)
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12-3 /8+1 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM. DS will be 2 on 12/7 so I'll have my hands full!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out! Everything from DS will be in season if it's another boy so I want to know whether or not we need to buy additional clothes. 

Upcoming Appointments: US on 5/8. Looking forward to it

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): definitely got hit hard by nausea recently but I think it's a little better than last time because I've figured out that sugar is a big trigger for me. The only craving I've had intermittently is meat. I've also been having a lot of weird dreams lately including one last  night where I was running from velociraptors with DS, so that's weird. 

Rants/Raves: I'm having a surprise party for  DH's birthday this Saturday and I feel like I'm running really far behind with the prep work. I'm super excited about the number of our friends who said they will go, though! 

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where?    I wish! DH works construction so summer is hard for him to take  time off. When summer is over I'm not sure I'll be up to going anywhere too exciting.  Maybe we'll go somewhere closer for a weekend. 
  • Options
     Due Date / Weeks + Days: December 1st 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: definitely finding out but probably not until the anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: today😄😄😄

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): miserable so sick and grouchy

Rants/Raves: So excited to have my first appointment today 

Questions:not so far just nervous 

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? Yes in June we are going to the beach and Disney land it’s going to be amazing! 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w2d December 9

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM; I have a nearly 4 year old daughter and 1.5 year old son

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Not sure yet! We found out with both previous pregnancies, but thinking a surprise could be fun! 

Upcoming Appointments: Just moved and waiting for insurance to come through at my husbands job, so hopefully can schedule soon.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Nauseous, tired, craving McDonald’s french fries.

Rants/Raves: My kids have been throwing worse than usual tantrums about everything lately (I'm attributing to all the recent changes), and i just don't have the energy to deal.

Questions: None!

Nothing planned so far, but been talking about visiting my BIL and his girlfriend in San Diego at some point.
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We want to found out as soon as we can! 

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment (besides bloodwork) is tomorrow. I can't wait to see the ultrasound pictures. I feel like my mind will be able to rest a little more if I see/hear a heartbeat. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Nauseous and tired. I have been so nauseous the last two weeks.

Rants/Raves: Excited for my appointment tomorrow! I do wish I could function without feeling sick to my stomach. 

Questions: Not yet.

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? We are traveling to Israel this summer. It has always been on my bucket list. 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    @mmccorm2014 Israel sounds amazing! 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: December 4th, 8W1D

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, my DD will be 9 in November.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  We want to find out as soon as we can!  We’re hoping for another girl.    

Upcoming Appointments: I’ve got a phone consult for high risk (over 35 and epilepsy) next week, and then another in-office appointment to go over blood work and get another ultrasound the following week.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Having morning sickness symptoms that I honestly do not remember having at all with my daughter.  It’s been pretty gnarly.  Even water tastes bad.  I’m adjusting.  Lots of plain foods seem to feel best right now.

Rants/Raves:  I’m excited to be this far along and have one healthy ultrasound under my belt with a heartbeat 💗I wish I could do my morning yoga routine a little more regularly, but the sickness is way too much right now.  I hope that evens out as I hit second trimester 😛

Questions:  Any other older mamas in this group?  I’m going to be 39 when baby is born.  

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where?  We may be visiting Idaho to see one of my husband’s best friends later this year.  Plus, we’re Disneyland AP holders, so we’ll be heading there as often as we can to visit friends and the park.  We’re also prepping to move back to Southern California, so we’ll probably be visiting for that as well.  
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I'm 37, so right up there with you! :wink:
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I'll be 38 when this one arrives, I was a week shy of 36 when my 1st was born. 
  • Options
     Due Date / Weeks + Days:   Dec 3rd - 8w

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM! 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:   Finding out, I have no patience lol

Upcoming Appointments: May 16th. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 
    Sick all day. I should've eaten everything I could've when I had the chance! 

Rants/Raves: Kinda wishing I'd be able to drink at all these parties coming up these next few days. I'm not an alcoholic or anything.... But damn. 

Questions: none

Nothing planned cause we just bought a house. But hopefully we can get in a weekend alone somewhere before baby #3 comes along, while family still wants to watch 2 kids 😂
  • Options
    @LM1007 with it getting warm and pretty out I think a cold beer or two on the porch sounds amazing!
  • Options
    @k_mama91 Exactly! My husband was having a cold beer two nights ago and I was over here watching - sick with a major headache... Summers gonna be fun lol
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 12/07 8w1day

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM (finally figured out what that abbreviation meant oops)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I want to know but my friends and family want a silly party for it 

Upcoming Appointments: “first” appointment is going to be at 10w2days. Already had my ultrasound w a strong heartbeat but all the not fun stuff is at the next one 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): just so so soooo tired all the time

Rants/Raves: was struggling with ph issues and yeast infections before the BFP and finally got everything settled...and now my body is changing again so guess what’s back and worse than ever 

Questions: all of them...but also none specific. Just what do I do while I wait

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? I live in central Florida so yes but also no. My next “staycation” I call them is to Ana Maria Island in May for my dads birthday, but nothing major this year