August 2019 Moms

Hot! Hot! Hot!

2»

Re: Hot! Hot! Hot!

• I'm team mirror and do my best with an electric trimmer. It just seems awkward to ask DH to do it, and I'm not into waxing. That mess hurts!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @cato99 ooh!  I’m going to go look! @zamora_spin I really like that first seraphina one. I’m okay with spending a little more since I plan to be in a suit a lot. That Motherhood one is super cute too! I need to go to an actual store around here to try some on.
  • Loading the player...
  • @zamora_spin - Thank you for the bathing suit finds! That Seraphine nautical was freaking precious. As always, I'm just gonna be team string-bikini because even an XL Maternity doesn't have enough material to keep Thelma & Louise in check. :| 

I finally resolved last night to go ahead and do a thorough shave-down with the clippers while I could still mostly move my belly aside, may have to invest in one of those eyebrow trimmers for the bikini line when that time gets here, though. Got an email about the pool and it opens up May 11, I'm so excited.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Well, managed to slide in a waxing appointment this week via a cancellation! We'll see if this is any more painful than usual. Crossing my fingers for no.  
  • @olivemomma Same on the waxing. Not gonna do it.
  • hemlheml member
    @olivemomma I honestly think eyebrow waxing hurts more than bikini waxing. now Brazilian is a diff story, it hurts! 
  • I love getting my eyebrows waxed.  It hurts so good  :D
  • I honestly think shins are the worst place to wax but everything else is so not painful to me. I have drifted off sleeping before while being waxed lol. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @AKuzReve - Wow, that's good to know (was this bikini line or legs?), I've always been scared of waxing.

I know some people dread/fear the dentist, but I legitimately just took a nap while I was getting my teeth cleaned and checked :D My dentist is currently 34 weeks herself and was like "you look REALLY comfy" - and she said there was "no way" I was 24 weeks (i.e. carrying well/small). Yup, I'm gonna keep going there! <3 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225, I wax everything - back, arms, Brazilian, legs. If you have a good waxing technician, a Brazilian should not ever hurt a ton. The only part that hurts the most of it all is the front but they should pull the skin tight enough, which alleviates that pain. I’ve been getting waxed since I was like 12. Hairy girl life. 😭

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @AKuzReve - Awww, maybe that's my issue. Same with most things, I don't have any "extreme" issues, it's just enough to piss me off. My maternal grandmother has shaved her legs twice in her life: her wedding day and once for surgery to fix some varicose veins. I'm 50%+ Irish, so just not very hairy - so waxing probably is pulling more skin than hair (which is why I've been afraid of it). I have to fill in over 80% of my eyebrows - I do have them, they're just invisible (yes, even with brown hair). I could get away with shaving my legs just once a week, but I feel more comfortable with twice. It's just ... the pelvic area that is acting like the damn Amazon over here and it's confusing because I don't normally have to deal with that. I most definitely sympathize with women who have more maintenance, it really is crazy what lengths we do for beauty.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Back from my Brazilian and happy to report it didn't hurt any more than usual, even after not waxing since I think November. Just the usual occasional "oof" moments when she pulled the wax, but that's more of a quick sting that's gone in a second than actual pain.