December 2019 Moms
Options

Sex when Preggers

Hi all, I’m curious how everyone is doing and dealing with this, especially in the first tri! Are you finding you’ve lost your sex drive? Still have the same drive? Or are the symptoms making it unappealing? Is it uncomfortable? Pls share experiences and tips for dealing with this... 

Re: Sex when Preggers

• Options
    For me, this is my first pregnancy and I’ve completely lost my sex drive. I think it’s both physical and mental. I’m nervous about doing something wrong. I’m also uncomfortable with bloating and don’t feel sexy... and I’m afraid to orgasm cuz I feel like it will hurt. Ugh. Our sex life is super important to me and I don’t want it to feel like a burden.. but maybe that’s just part of this process? Any similar experiences or advice? 
  • Options
    This is pregnancy #2 for me. I usually have a very high sex drive, but it seems to have disappeared, mostly! With my first I had an insatiable appetite for it, despite having morning sickness from H***. With this pregnancy I hardly have any symptoms yet, but no libido. Weird. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @moonriver_and_me The hormones 😑 they make our bodies crazy! If your uncomfortable with sex, maybe you can express that to your SO and hold off until the first trimester is over? If not then maybe try setting the mood to loosen your self up for it. Some candle light, Sexy lingerie, maybe suggest to SO that you want a romantic evening? My SO was feeling extremely horny last night and I was not feeing it, so I told him I just wanted it slow and romantic and it actually got me into the mood! Also orgasming did not hurt at all. 
  • Options
    I've had some libido issues since having DS, but I've been a little more interested since getting pregnant again. I'm not sure why. Increased blood flow? I just have to be careful to avoid too much pressure on my abdomen because then nausea flares up. 
  • Options
    Sex is such a turn off when pregnant and weirds me out. We didn't have sex not one time the entire time I was pregnant with DD....poor DH. Then breastfeeding I wouldn't let him touch my boobs for another year after that 😂
  • Options
    I'm so tyered dude I know he wants so so I try to just roll over or bend over let him do his thing but then we end up fighting and yelling by the end cus he wants me to be in the mood get involved but I just what him to be done 0 sex drive 
  • Options
    Between being so tired and feeling so bloated and unattractive, it’s not happening much. When it does, it’s quickies in the morning. 🙁 
  • Options
    With my pregnancy with my daughter, I constantly wanted to have sex.  With every pregnancy since, I had little interest, so I am interested to see what happens this time.  Our family has been dealing with a horrendous stomach bug for the last two weeks, so neither one of us have wanted to have sex.
  • Options
    Yeah my sex drive definitely has decreased. We used to every night, now it's maybe 3 times a week. Just feel so uncomfortable between nausea sore boobs and aches. But I have enjoy it all now, because for my last 2 pregnancies, around 2-3 months, I suppose I get really dry and it becomes sososo painful, and then it's basically no sex for the remainder. 
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I felt super unsexy until the 3rd trimester when I finally "popped", prior to that I just felt bloated and gross. Once I popped I felt like I was actually pregnant and it didn't phase me anymore. 

This time around even though I'm super bloated already I don't feel like I'm having a decrease. 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys lol 🤣 

It’s so helpful hearing so many are having a similar experience! I hope it improves for all of us soon!!

So I’m 7 weeks today and we had sex last night and I sort of enjoyed it.... sort of. Being on my back in missionary feels best right now. It wasn’t as uncomfortable as a week ago when I was on top. That was rough for me. Just can’t fully let go and enjoy the way I used to before I was preg... and am still apprehensive to orgasm! I’m hoping after our first Dr. appt next week I will feel more at ease. 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys Jealous that you have a reason to refuse haha. I straight up told DH he wasnt getting any until next wednesday when I see everything is ok. I am to stressed and dont want to deal with the nightly "hey you wanna" lol

• Options
    @klmcguire It was great to have the excuse, but then yesterday the RE told us no sex during the whole first trimester.  So that plus the four weeks seems a little long!  Depending on my mood, I may double check that with my OB ;)
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys That is rough.  The things we do for babies 😂

AFM, my libido is higher that I expected (it’s usually very low).  But we probably won’t have sex this whole pregnancy.  We are both just so, so nervous to cause any problems.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    We finally had sex.  I have just been so anxious all week that I haven’t been in the mood.  I am hoping my beta results that I get to today will help me calm down.

• Options
    I have a naturally high sex drive and that hasn't changed with being pregnant. But I spotted a little after we did it this morning and its freaking me out! Should we stop until we get past the first trimester?
  • Options
    I had spotting after sex last week and my NP told me no sex for 2 weeks. We are a little over a week in and my husband and I are both ready to toss that advise aside. 

It is so hard!! I have an appointment in a few days so hopefully we will be cleared to get at it again 🤣.
  • Options
    @livelifehopeful thank you! I called the nurses desk at my obgyn. She said to hold off until my ultrasound next week. (Deep sigh)
  • Options
    I have not really been in the mood...my nausea has made me feel gross and exhausted. For some reason though I swear my hubby wants it more now that I am pregnant. He’s all over me all the time! Hormones from me?? I’m like  “how come when I needed you to have sex so often to get pregnant you were tired of it, but now that I am that’s all you want!” He’s said so far he’s not a fan of first trimester since I’m grumpy and not in the mood. I laughed it off and said it’s hard work growing our baby! He’s used to sex every day so I know this is killing him.