August 2019 Moms

April Appointments

I didn't see a post for this yet. So what you ladies got going on this month?

Re: April Appointments

• Yay for placentas residing away from the cervix! 

I have a follow up ultrasound coming up on the 19th-that I may postpone until my May appointment so I can combine trips. And I had an appointment the first week of this month that was pretty cool. We went over the anatomy scan, everything looking good! Just have to go back for additional views of the heart that little Bee wouldn’t let us get last time. And then we had a group session where 4-5 moms and who we have come with us, be it spouses etc and discussed prenatal nutrition with a midwife. And basically anything else that we had questions about or wanted to discuss... I’ll do another group all about labor and delivery and then another all about post partum. It was pretty awesome!
  • Loading the player...
  • hemlheml member
    Yay @Beauxbaton! I hope I get the same “placenta has migrated north” news when I go in on May 10! 

Yesterday had just a checkup appt. Measuring small because I’m tall but dr said “don’t worry you’ll probably still have an 8 pound baby.” Greaaaatttttt. 
  • Everyone is posting in the AS discussion this month so this was way down the list :D 

I had my 24 week check today and all is good except on her calendar she had me at 23+6 instead of 24+1 and is "close enough" so they didn't adjust.  Which means they consisted me 1 day too early to do fundal height measures 🙄 so that doesn't start until my next appointment in 2 weeks where I'll also get blood work results and maybe a shot bc my blood type is negative and baby is positive. Our I might get the shot in may.  We will see. 

I have to take more iron,  but blood sugar is still good (yay, don't have to do the GD test that everyone in North America dreads), blood pressure,  baby heart beat etc is all good too.

Also scheduled all remaining appointments. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Today I have a repeat fetal echo to hopefully get the last needed pictures.  I'm a little nervous because my husband and I have been sorta kinda ignoring the pelvic rest for the last two weeks.  My SCH was small and I haven't bled in over 2 months...  I am pretty scared that I messed up letting my emotions get the best of me.  

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @moon1417 that’s great news!! 
  • BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited April 2019
    Boo. My first fundal height measure was way outside the norm (bigger...I'm 31cm now at 26 weeks when I didn't hit 31 cm til 32 weeks last time) so I have to do the glucose test which is not standard practice here. 

So in the month of May,  I have to have 5+ appointments instead of 2 scheduled in between national test days and national holidays. I'm going to have like,  6 normal working days left by the end of it 😂

And i just hope that it's a false alarm bc I don't want to deal with travel stress and I'm already dealing with the allergy diet, I don't want to do diabetes diet on top of that (or have to replace one diet with the other which means forced weaning of my son if I have to eat his allergens to manage blood sugars)

I knew I was bigger than last time,  but everyone talked about how compact I was with my son,  so I figured this time was more "normal" especially for a second pregnancy,  but apparently not.  My ute is already much closer to my boobs than my belly button :/

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @BigBadWolf12 Why can’t they do fundal height now? My dr checked mine for the first time at my 16 week appt. Does it just not matter earlier? 

@BigBadWolf12 I assumed you just expand faster in the uterus with your second because everyone says they show earlier? I hope all goes ok with your glucose test.

FWIW My fundal height was two inches above my belly button at 16w and now at just under 23w I can feel LO kicking a couple inches below my ribs. My dr said my torso is so short (I’m average height) my uterus is taking up more of my abdomen than average. For anyone who hasn’t seen it this info graphic is cool but apparently only reflects an average and some of us are outliers. (Original cropped a bit to censor some female anatomy parts but you can find this type of chart easily online).

• @BigBadWolf12 & @zamora_spin - At my appt yesterday, my doc said my "belly button" said 20 wks though I'm 24, but I measured the same way with DD1 and he said with my tilted uterus plus longer torso, it's about where he expected me to be anyway.

I did gain 6 lbs this month, but that puts me at a net +1 for the pregnancy, so he didn't give me a lecture. I'm pretty sure it was because of the huge meals I had the day plus this damn progesterone GI issue. We'll see. I was able to snag the Lemon-Lime for next appt (5/31) ... hoping it goes well, for some reason it always makes me nervous.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @zamora_spin Sweden is really low key on measurements generally speaking. 

Doppler and fundal height checks start at 24 weeks, one standard u/s (anatomy scan), and other than that,  blood pressure/hemoglobin/blood sugar at each appointment from 24 weeks with one baseline for all that at 10 weeks. 

So they are doing fundal height measurements on me now,  but since we just started at 26 weeks and it was a 31cm measure, that's the problem it should be 26 give or take 2cm to be considered normal, so I'm 3cm above even the upper limit of normal for my gestation.   But there's one data point,  which is not enough to see growth/trends over time, which is the real problem. 

I wish I had pushed her to measure me at my 24 week appointment.  I'm pretty sure she read my chart wrong that day bc she listed me as 23+6 when I was actually 24+0, and "because the fundal height chart only stays at 24 weeks we can't measure you today". I sort of scoffed at "one day" but should have pointed out it was a Monday and I'm sure on a Monday,  so shouldn't I be on a "+0" day of the week not a "+6"?

But it's in the past and I can't go back and get the missing measurement and we travel to Canada in 5 weeks for a month long trip (assuming nothing bad is actually going on),  so we need to investigate ASAP instead of trying to wait and get more measurements. Plus if I actually do have GD then I need to sort that out ASAP instead of just waiting around for more measurements. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• And ya, based on all 3: that chart you posted, comparing pics with my bump pics from DS and this 31cm FH measurement, I'm on par with 32 weeks,  not 26.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @BigBadWolf12, are you tall/have a long torso? My fundal height was already measuring 2 fingers above my belly button at my 19 week appointment but I’m short so my midwife said that is not abnormal. Could this perhaps contribute? Hopefully you don’t have GD and if you do, you can get everything managed for your trip! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• That's a bummer @BigBadWolf12!

I was supposed to do the GD test at this morning's appt, but my office failed to mention that I was supposed to fast 3 hours ahead of time. My previous pregnancy I was with a different office who did not recommend total fasting for the test, just a protein heavy/low carb meal ahead of time. So, now that will be next appointment! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I had sono/mfm/ob today. Everything is looking great. Sonos at 25, 26, and 27 weeks. 28 weeks full appointment again, then I start every two weeks with my ob and start BPPs at that point as well!
  • @akuzreve I'm average height but longer legs/short torso.  My ute reaches more than 4 fingers above my belly button right now...it's literally closer to my boobs than belly button. 31cm is in normal range for 29-33 weeks gestation. I didn't hit 31 cm until 32 weeks last pregnancy,  so i don't think it's about my build :/ I also started this pregnancy in much better overall health (physical,  mental,  etc) than I did the first one, plus 30lbs lower starting weight this time around, so everything I've read so far I've had no "pass-offable reason" for getting a high fundal height reading :/ hopefully little girl was just swimming weirdly high and maybe hit a growth spurt a bit early lol

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016