Weight Gain at 6.5 Weeks — The Bump
November 2019 Moms

Weight Gain at 6.5 Weeks

I’m freaking out...every day I seem to be gaining a pound. In the past 2 weeks I’ve gained 7 lbs. I wouldn’t say I’m overeating but I can say that I’ve been eating more salty foods (usually I don’t eat much salt if any). I’m literally thinking there’s something wrong...I’m not sure why I’m retaining so much water or if that’s the issue. I’m going to drink lots of water and cut the salt out and see how much I weigh next week. If I continue at this rate I’ll be 100 pounds heavier. Is anyone else experiencing this? Was it water weight or actual weight gain? How did you get it off? The weird thing is my face doesn’t look bigger and my cloths seem to fit the same. But 7 pounds in 2 weeks my goodness!!!

Re: Weight Gain at 6.5 Weeks

• kopp5988kopp5988 member
    100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    @knottie488e9963ca108b07 welcome! Just as an FYI we don’t do one-off posts like this on this board. A post like this would be great in the questions thread we have. Also please change your user name. It’s hard to get to know you with the auto-generated name.

All that being said your weight gain is likely mostly due to water retention.  It’s takes about 3500 additional calories on top of what you eat to maintain your weight to gain a pound so unless you were eating an extra 1700-1800 calories per day every day for the past two weeks your weight gain is water weight. Some could be added boob weight if they’ve gotten bigger at all.  
    emeraldcity1214