December 2019 Moms
Options

April Appointments

Post about your April appointments here :)

Re: April Appointments

• Options
    I have my first appointment tomorrow. Should be right at 6 weeks. 
    *TW I had so bleeding right when I found out I was pregnant so I’m a bit nervous*

With DS we had insurance shenanigans and I didn’t get to go to the Doctor until 18ish weeks so this is all new territory for me!

Rumor has it they’ll do an ultrasound so I’m excited!
  • Options
    @MrsJessS Good luck at your appointment.  An u/s, that's exciting!

I have official betas on Tuesday, and I will be asking for an u/s asap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Betas looked good last week. Next up, first real appointment on 4/25!
  • Options
    I have an appointment tomorrow, 4/8, but I'm pretty sure the girl on the phone only set me up for my annual exam which happens to be due, even though I told her I'm pregnant. Mrrrrr.
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had all of my bloodwork done last Tuesday and went over my medical history with a nurse then too. My first u/s and appointment with my doctor is 4/26. 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    I’ve had labs since 4 weeks and Wednesday I’ll have an ultrasound! So nervous as I’ve spotted on and off. But hopeful we will see our little one!
  • Options
    My first appt and ultrasound is 4/22. I’m so excited!!  I took the rest of the afternoon off because I know I won’t be able to focus. 😂
  • Options
    Is it normal to have to wait for an appointment? My doctor's office said he doesn't see anyone until after 10 weeks. I wont be going in for my first appointment until nearly 11 weeks. Also, what is the first appointment like? Do your significant others usually go with? My husband took off work that day to come with but not sure what the first appointment will be like. 
  • Options
    @doctorcrime the OB I saw for my son was something like that. It’s been a while so I’m not 100% sure on the exact week. 
    As far as SOs going...MH made it to one appointment. And he will for sure miss at least my first this time. My MIL actually went to the anatomy scan with me last time. Obviously if he can go that’s awesome! But if it doesn’t work out for him to go you definitely won’t be the only mama going alone. It depends on you too. If you feel like you need him there 
  • Options
    My first appointment and u/s is 4/22! I can't wait! 
  • Options
    First ultrasound on 4/15 and first OB appt on 5/14, which is also my 33rd birthday! I’ll be at 10 weeks and my ob doesn’t typically see people until at least 8. I managed to freak myself out about some spotting this week so I’ve had the beta hcg tests...everything looked good (up 180% in 48 hours) so we’re feeling good.
  • Options
    @doctorcrime 10-11 weeks is a little on the late end, but within the realm of normal. It depends on your practice and it does seem to vary. My practice does a viability/dating u/s at 8 weeks and then they schedule the intake apt for the same day. For me, the first apt is mostly for going over family medical history and do's/don't's during pregnancy. (and maybe an exam? I can't remember). The next appointment is a month later and they will give you an exam and listen to the hb on the Doppler. Since your appointment isn't til 10-11 weeks, they might do the Doppler while you're there? They may also do other bloodwork (1st trimester screen). I would say bring your H because he will be able to answer questions about health history on his side of the family. (This is the only appointment my H came with me for... all the others will be short and sweet and you don't really need him there for them.) 

AFM-
    I have my viability scan on Friday. It's on the early side (I'll be 6+6) but hoping to see a cozy little jelly bean!

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • Options
    Got my annual and as I suspected, the woman who made my appointment didn't make note of my pregnancy. But that's ok, my doctor was very excited and I brought my daughter along. She hasn't seen Hazel more than once since she delivered her, so all around it was a great appointment.

I have the orders for bloodwork to get done and an ultrasound on Thursday, 4/11. First official prenatal appointment is Tuesday April 23.

I'm getting excited because it's starting to seem real. 
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    This is our first pregnancy and our US is 4/19. I will almost be 7 weeks 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys GL today with Betas. :)

• Options
    Received Betas back today. 
    HCG: 181.82
    pROG: 15.6

Go back Friday for recheck.
  • Options
    @klmcguire Your betas look good!
    Thanks for thinking of me!  I got a call this afternoon saying that I was at 1097 and I can stop progesterone, yay!  They normally don’t schedule the first u/s until 7-8 weeks but I told the nurse I need to get in sooner. If they can’t book me, I’ll just go to my OB!  Good luck on Friday; it’s so reassuring to see the levels rise :)
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I am so glad  you got good numbers back! 

• Options
    Had the OB Intake appointment today. Just health history and they drew blood to run my progesterone numbers, since I have had 2 losses back to back prior to this pregnancy. I go back for an Ultrasound and first real appointment on 4/30, I'll be 8 weeks. Might reschedule for the day before, as my mom will be in town from out of state and leaving on the 30th, I'd rather have the good or bad news with her here, and plus she can watch my daughter.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    First early ultrasound tomorrow! I’ll be 6 weeks 3 days tomorrow. Praying our little miracle is doing well!
  • Options
    @klmcguire and @bakerstreetboys glad y'all had good betas!!!
  • Options
    @MrsJessS Thanks and KUP on your Prog numbers. Mine isn't really low, but is on the lower side of ok. They gave me progesterone just as precaution because I have had 3 previous losses. Also, the support of your mom either way would be wonderful! <3 

• Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 Good luck with your ultrasound today!

My first u/s has finally been booked for April 25.  I'll be 6w6d so I guess it doesn't really make sense to push for it to be any earlier than that.  Until then I'll just keep getting my betas checked obsessively!  
  • Options
    Update: Kind of uncertain news. Ultrasound showed a gestational sac, which is good but I’m measuring two weeks behind based on my last period. She said it could be because the IUI was later in the cycle and implantation would have been much later then. Blood test will give a better picture. Tubes look clear which is good news. Cysts on both ovaries, but that is to be expected. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 praying the blood tests reveal that everything is OK. It’s going to be a day by day journey until we see/hear the heartbeat. 
  • Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 I'm sorry that your u/s didn't go as you had hoped.  Fx that the blood test comes back with positive results.  
  • Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 fx for you. When will you have blood work back?
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I should have it this afternoon around 1:30 cst 
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks today. We have a cosultation appointment with a midwifery group on 4/16 to determine if I'm a good fit. I'm 37, 19 pounds overweight, and had a LEEP surgery two years ago so am sort of expecting to be too high risk for a birthing center. I reeeeally want to be able to have a midwife, so fingers crossed. My first u/s appointment will be in two weeks.
  • Options
    Looks like I may have a miscarriage ladies. My HCG didn’t even double over 6 days. Praying for healthy pregnancies for all of you!
  • Options
  • Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 I'm so sorry.  Take care of yourself. 
  • Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 I’m sorry, that’s very similar to what happened on my last round.  Take care, and lots of ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    @kimberlyk921 oh no. I’m so so sorry. Lots of love to you
  • Options
    @kimberlyk921 I’m so sorry. 😢 (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    @kimberlyk921 I’m so sorry. You’re in my prayers.
  • Options
    My first u/s is today and I'm more nervous than I was with my first. Hopefully everything looks good! I haven't had any bloodwork yet (getting that done before the u/s) so I have no idea what my numbers are or anything. 
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 I am so sorry, much love and prayers to you! 
  • Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 I am so so sorry. My heart breaks for you. I have lost two, and the hurt is unexplainable. Take care of yourself. You will be in my prayers. 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    I had my first OB appointment last night. From LMP it says about 6w. They did blood work and a sono, only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, so doc is suspecting I'm earlier than I thought. I go back in 2 weeks on 4/24 to check again for growth. 
  • Options
    @LM1007 I hope everything looks good at your follow-up! 
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker