September 2019 Moms
Options

April Symptoms Thread

Re: April Symptoms Thread

• Options
    Honestly @LJMoon6, I would say now. Call your OB about it.  When is your next scheduled appt? Two weeks straight of headaches doesn’t seem “normal” to me even though our hormones are going wackadoodle right now.

Are you drinking enough water? Too much sugar?
  • Options
    TMI warning:

My discharge has really ramped up, and I sit at a desk all day for work, so I've been getting SO itchy down there! I've started wearing pantyliners to keep myself somewhat dry. It helps, but is soo annoying!

I've also started waking up earlier and earlier every day. Today was 4:30am. Ugh! I NEED NAPS! At first I thought it'd be great to not work for the first trimester, now I don't think it's fair that we have to work at all during pregnancy! Haha  :p
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited April 2019
    @septoctkids I get migraines too but like you only once a month if that. Luckily tylenol is helping me but damn these things suck. I always wake up with them too. They seem worse on the weekends when I sleep in a little. It's really putting a damper on my weekends! I hope yours lighten up soon!
    @lillywonderland Lol wackadoodle. I've been trying to get enough water but I know I could do better. I try to limit my intake before bed otherwise I'm up all night. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm just worried about overreacting. With my chiari malformation the #1 symptom is a headache. While my condition was stable at my pre-pregnancy appointment my neurosurgeon did warn that, while unlikely, pregnancy could change that. But when I met with my OB she made it sound like there was no concern what so ever and that my neurosurgeon should "stay in his field," so to speak. She even went as far to say that most people don't even know they have chiari until they get an MRI for some other unrelated condition. I had to make a point to say that it's all fine and dandy for someone with no symptoms. Me on the other hand, I have symptoms. Mine caused my scoliosis, obstructed my CSF flow causing it to get trapped in my spin, caused a giant pseudocyst from the pressure of the CSF, and ultimately led to me having brain/neck surgery. Parts of 2 of my vertebrae have been removed and part of my skull shaved down. I do have daily headaches because of it. But they're usually tension headaches from my neck and back, not like these that I'm having. I just don't know if what I'm experiencing is normal for pregnancy or if I should be concerned. But I'm also worried that my concerns wont be taken seriously. Idk. It could be completely unrelated to my chiari too. I guess I'll say something to her sooner rather than later. Sorry for the novel. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 I'd say that headaches at this point are fairly common, but what you're describing sounds like a little more than typical, so I'd mention it to your OB too.  Maybe with your other condition, you're just going to have this symptom a little worse than "normal" but they should still be made aware, just in case.  I'm glad the Tylenol is helping you, though, waking up with a headache sucks and can really ruin your day!
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 It never hurts to mention it.  I have migraines outside of pregnancy that are hormone driven.  So twice a month, right before period and right before O, I'd get one.  With pregnancy I get them a lot and tylenol doesn't even touch the pain.  Things to consider to see if they are just hormone driven is your blood sugar level, high or low, and your blood pressure.  Your Dr may seem to be not concerned about the headaches when you tell them because they do monitor your blood pressure and if that was the cause, it usually is always elevated, and not able to be controlled by tylenol. 
    Also, I am pretty sure your neuro was staying in his field talking about your issues.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I sent a message to my OB. We'll see what she says.
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Options
    ternsetcternsetc member
    edited April 2019
    @LJMoon6 definitely mention it, and I would probably call (or send an email if your provider has that feature). I've had a lot of headaches lately - more than normal, waking up with them - and sometimes tylenol helps, sometimes not (same with prepregnancy headaches, when not pregnant I take excedrin which almost always works but obviously can't now). I mentioned my headaches my last appointment and my OB wasn't concerned, said it could easily be allergies/weather/hormones combining and let them know if the severity (not frequency) kicks up. That sounded reasonable for me, based on what I know about my not pregnant self, but was still glad I mentioned it. I agree that your neurosurgeon sounds like they are well within their field with what they told you, and I'm sorry you're dealing with worry that your provider isn't really hearing/understanding your concerns. ETA: just saw your post! Glad you messaged them, hope you get a helpful response!
  • Options
    Well that was a wasted effort. My message was intercepted by a nurse who basically copy and pasted a response about how headaches are normal during pregnancy and I should try blah blah blah... ok not helpful. She did say it's a good sign that tylenol is helping so I guess if they continue I'll bring it up at my appointment in 2 weeks 
    *TW* TTC history

• Options
    @LJMoon6 ugh!! Is there a way you could message your neurosurgeon, if you feel reluctant to wait the two weeks? Even if just to ask for advice on how to approach this issue with your OB?
  • Options
    @ternsetc My neurosurgeon doesn't do online messaging. I would have to call and talk to another nurse. He also has weird reduced hours so I probably wouldn't hear back for a while. I'm fine waiting for my appointment. As long as they don't get worse, I'm managing. 
    *TW* TTC history

• Options
    @LJMoon6 Boo nurse! I was also going to suggest getting in contact with your neurosurgeon. The nurse is right though - it’s a good sign the Tylenol is working. Maybe try drinking a little bit more water during the day. And keep a glass/bottle of water by your bed so you can drink some first thing in the am.
  • Options
    @calliah the Gaviscon is cherry and similar to tums in theory, but it's made of different stuff. It was gross to chew down quickly, but went to work immediately which was nice. I may ultimately need to do a Zantac or Prilosec
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you ever get nauseous, then sneeze and it goes away? It's happened to me now and then for as long as I can remember, and since being pregnant it happens just about every morning when I wake up. It just happened to me again - I ran to the bathroom at work thinking I was going to randomly throw up, but I sneezed and feel fine now. 
  • Options
    I AM SO OVER THESE FREAKING CHARLEY HORSES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! They are SOOOOO painful and then my entire calf hurts the next day like I pulled a muscle so I can't walk properly. I've been eating bananas, drinking gatorade, and plenty of water and they are still happening. Dr. google says they can get worse as we progress further in the second and third trimesters... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Anyone have any other tips?? I also use a magnesium lotion and massage them before bed! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ I was told to use a foam roller, but ffffffff that-- they hurt! I don't have any other advice for you lol. I hope it gets better!
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ No suggestions on how to stop them, but for the after effects you could use a chamomile lotion! I was a server when I was pregnant the first time, and my legs would be on fire after a long shift. I had some chamomile lotion from B&BW that would be like instant relief. It worked better than any pain medication! 
  • Options
    My lower back hurts so much today 😭
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ Ugh the worst. Only advice I've heard for them is to drink more water. I've been getting Charlie horse feeling cramps in my feet at night (???) I just jam my thumbs into my foot in the hopes that I can loosen it up but damn nothing hurts quite like stabby Charlie horse pain.

@themadcamel sorry your back is giving you trouble. Back pain is the worst I feel like it's an all day kind of struggle. 
  • Options
    I just had a 4 day break of NO heartburn or puking that ended last night... it was a great run!!!  :D WHYYYYYY does my body hate pregnancy and pregnancy hate my bodyyyyy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshine2417 boo to the heartburn and puking! No fun.

I’m pretty miserable lately too. Haven’t puked in a couple days, but I’m having the most painful abdominal cramps from gas! Ughhh.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    Hormones are crazy this week! I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I spent most of the day off and on crying. I feel alone even though I'm not at all. Might talk to the doc about depression. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @maple3251 ! Smart to talk to your doctor now. Could put your at higher risk for postpartum depression as well. Worth bringing up sooner rather than later. We’re here to listen if you need to vent. Pregnancy does some wild stuff with our hormones!!
  • Options
    @maple3251 You definitely should talk to the doc about it! I've noticed lately doctors have straight up been asking me "How have you been feeling mentally? / How's your mood? / Any changes in your interest in activities you used to enjoy?" Preg hormones are no joke as far as I can tell. Vent your feelings here, and/or with someone you trust. We can all relate! And this is impossible for me to do, but my one friend lately has been encouraging me to "forgive myself" (I beat myself up over every little thing and get upset, and then get down on myself for being upset ... ). Sometimes you just need to talk through things/ let the feels out.
  • Options
    @maple3251 Agree with others - definitely mention this to your doctor. Also take some
    time for yourself. Even those of us with the biggest support system will have moments of doubt and feeling alone. It’s normal, but if it persists or becomes more than a fleeting thought that’s when you need to seek outside help. 
  • Options
    Maybe TMI, but I swear I can feel my nipples growing at warp speed 😩
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA! @duewithpu2 mine are definitely itchy and visibly huge!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 yes! Mine feel like they’re always tingly and then when I take my shirt off it’s like “oh, they’re even bigger now. Cool cool cool.”
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @septoctkids @phillyftm @lillywonderland thank you all.. I have my next apt may 3rd (get to find out what were having hopefully😊) and will definitely mention it there.. the holiday has been a good distraction. It's hard to talk about it when you don't really know what to say is wrong. 
  • Options
    @maple3251 good luck! Keep us posted :)
  • Options
    Definitely starting to have some RLP over here
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Anyone else feeling reeeeeeeeaallllyyy into their partners lately. Like....REALLY. 

😳😇😂
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 during my pregnancy with DS I became repulsed by the touch of my partner, and my sex drive never came back (DS is 3) so we have just gotten used to sex without the intimacy I guess you could say. We never really hold hands, snuggle, or kiss much anymore but in the last week I have felt like I need to be on or around him 24/7! I sit practically on top of him on the couch, and have started sleeping in bed with him (DS has a bad cosleeping habit I’ve been too lazy to break). Im liking it!!
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 unfortunately, no. I really wish I was though!! I don't want to be touched a lot and anything more than a quick kiss on the lips makes me feel like I am being suffocated. I don't remember it being like this with DS so I am having a hard time. Hopefully things will get better soon! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    LilyASF42LilyASF42 member
    edited April 2019
    ......so just me then?  Okay, imma awkward turtle my horny butt outta here then 🥴

But I totally get it. First trimester I was just not into it at all for various reasons. But now?  It’s back with a vengeance!

ETA. yay @duewithpu2 !!!  Sorry, my reading comprehension is clearly lacking today and didn’t get that things are warming up a bit for you!
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 during DS's pregnancy, 2nd trimester was allllll about amazing sex and wild sex dreams for me! This pregnancy... not as much, sadly :-(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ when you get a charlie horse, flex your toes back towards your body. It will instantly disappear. I had the worst time with them last pregnancy.
  • Options
    @dinosaur, thank you for the tip!! I will have to try that!!
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ when I first heard that trick I was like "wouldn't that make it hurt more?". But nope. It's amazing.
  • Options
    Dizziness/lightheadedness has now become a thing. I fainted super dramatically in church yesterday while attending a family baptism. :dizzy::flushed: