November 2019 Moms

Fit Friday / Healthy Habits Checkin 3.29

Check in here if you want to discuss working out, eating healthy, or any other healthy habit you're working on!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?

2. How did you do this past week?

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?

Re: Fit Friday / Healthy Habits Checkin 3.29

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    I am working on eating healthy and trying to continue to workout. I gained nearly 60 pounds last pregnancy and didn't work out at all, and this time I would like to be different.

Eh, I give myself around a 6/10. My eating was mostly healthy, with the exception of yesterday's mac n cheese and an ice cream cone after dinner. Working out I didn't do very well, I basically only worked out twice and it was only walking. 

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?
    I need to plan for workouts better.. too often things get in the way later in the day. I think I said this last check-in, but I need to make working out in the AM twice a week a priority. It has nothing to do with sleeping in, I wake up at 5 most days. But I usually spend an hour working before I shower and get my toddler up. I need to say a couple times a week, the work can wait until later. 
  • 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    I try to be mindful about what I eat and move as much as I can each day. 

I did a barre and pilates work out twice this week in the mornings and walked a few times. I'm happy with that. Those are the two things I'd like to continue throughout my pregnancy. 

I felt like I did really well with meal planning last week, but my aversions have totally kicked in (which is very new to me), so I honestly don't even know what I'm going to do for this week. I'm afraid whatever I plan and want now will sound disgusting and make me gag by Monday. For instance, I had this new recipe for a thai chicken and noodle dish that I liked when I made it. Now it's sitting in the fridge as leftovers and I honestly feel nauseous even thinking about it. Good thing I'm sure my husband will have no problem pounding it lol Right now, I still like fruits and even a smoothie has been sounding good to me so I'm going to make sure to stock up on that and avocado toast has been giving me life.  I'm with you @creamc@creamcheeseplease in that I want to, ideally, do 3 early morning barre/pilates workouts next week of 45 minutes each and each day I'd like to make sure my steps/movement for the day is better than last week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Check in here if you want to discuss working out, eating healthy, or any other healthy habit you're working on!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now? I switched my coffee to decaf and am down to one cup. I also ordered a pregnancy workout video. My regular workout video was making me feel dizzy.

It was my birthday this week, so there was cake. Also, there was no working out.  My usual video had me feeling not so good and made me worry I was overdoing it. I did try to go up and down the stairs 10 in sets of 10 and walked to pick up DS instead of driving. 

Im hoping my new workout video arrives and I can get back into a routine. I see my OB this week too, so hopefully that will put my mind at ease.
  • 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now? I'm trying to drink more water. I've been bringing my 32oz bottle to work and drinking 2 of them during the day. And then in the evening, replacing my beer/glass of wine with tea or tea latte.

2. How did you do this past week? Pretty good! Not so good during work travel. :( Staying hydrated while traveling is SO hard.

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success? Friends and I are making freezer meals tomorrow morning, so hopefully even with nausea I can still get decent meals on the table for the family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker