November 2019 Moms

First time, high-risk mummy to be of two!

Hi
I'm a 32-year old detox nurse who just found out I'm going to have twins. I didn't suffer from anxiety before but I sure do now!
I'm also a type-1 diabetic and have been the lucky recipient of two kidney transplants, one from my mum and the other from my husband, both of who were matches.  My doctor's told us it would be near to impossible for us to conceive without IVF, so we were surprised out of our minds when the pee stick read positive a month ago! On top of that, turns out we are having fraternal twins!
I'm as high risk as they come so I am hoping to get some tips from other experienced mummies with health problems (there are literally no statistics for someone like me!!). 
Congratulations to everyone and hope your journeys are smooth and easy

Re: First time, high-risk mummy to be of two!

• Hi! Welcome and congrats. Please add your intro to our Intro thread that is pinned to the top of our board. Take a moment to read through the "Read First" thread. It explains how our board is organized. One off posts like these are discouraged because it clutters our board. Take some time to check out the threads that are already started and jump on in.