August 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In (Aug 15-23) wk of 3/25

AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
edited March 2019 in August 2019 Moms
Ladies, I don't typically Bump on the weekends, and this isn't my "assigned" post, so if anyone wants to get this going before Monday morning. feel free!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1)

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Group 3 Check-In (Aug 15-23) wk of 3/25

• Thanks for starting @Avrilmai

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 15, 19 + 4

Baby is the size of a(n): Gameboy

Upcoming Appointments: None for a month. Just had A/S last week. 

How are you feeling?: energy levels are good, but my back is terribly sore and I'm getting BH way earlier this time around if I overdo it. 

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1): I usually stick to the registry because I'm not super creative. For my close friends, I'll do a "mama basket" where I'll put all types of recovery items in there for after birth. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/21 18w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke 

Upcoming Appointments: A/S tomorrow!!!!!!!! I'm so nervous. I didn't do the NT so this is our first real look at LO so I just want to make sure everything is healthy. But also, finding out the sex! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I'm finally over my cold and so that with the 2nd tri really in full-swing, I've had a lot more energy and feeling more normal. Have entered the "snizz" phase of the pregnancy, so that's fun.

Rants/Raves: DD has her picture day today at daycare and she looked so cute this morning. 

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1)
    I'll usually stick to the registry, but will make sure I pick out something I found particularly useful or enjoyed. If there wasn't a shower or I'm not close enough to be invited, but I still want to get something, I usually go with a WubbaNub  and a Lulla-Vibe, because those are two things I didn't discover until after DD was born and found them so useful.

Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cucumber

Upcoming Appointments: 3/28 to order the anatomy scan and then find out the genderrrrr :D

How are you feeling?: Great! Really nothing but itchy skin and my boobs are huge.  

Rants/Raves: I'm so excited about everything.  

Questions: Did anyone lower their bed or use a stool to get in? Our bed is so high and I know I'm going to have trouble in the near future. 

I love those mesh frozen food teething things.  I've given them to every mama to be.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  same as @Ash0625

Baby is the size : heirloom tomato

Upcoming Appointments: friday for anatomy scan, MFM and MW. I am very excited to see this pinenut again

How are you feeling?:  exhausted but thats not really related to pregnancy. DD2 was super sick last week and ended up in the hospital. She's home and better now but it was an exhausting emotional week and I'm still recovering. 

Rants/Raves:  see above. It seems like spring might be here to stay and it makes me so darn happy. we got out for walks with the fam both days this weekend

Questions: nope

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1) umm like the others I try to go off the registry, but there is a local lady who makes the cutest baby slippers that actually stay on pretty well so I often get a pair of those (support local!)

@ash0625 have you tried swimming or soaking in a deep tub? sometimes that can help with back pain. or even a chiro?
    @EmilyA724 hooray for the US tomorrow! I hope all looks great
    @agpandme our bed is high-ish but not so I high I had to change it.... I guess I would go with a step stool (maybe one that the little could use later on) for a dual purpose....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days : tomorrow I start week 19! 

Baby size: Artichoke or a Sweet Potato (ovia)

Upcoming appointment: Next week is the A/S! We will finally know the gender!!

How are you feeling? Exhausted, only because I spent most of my weekend at a wedding reception/ running errands for the reception.

Rants/ Raves: It seems like spring has begun here in Vermont, after a cold and nasty winter so I am definitely enjoying the warmth.

Questions: None.

GTKY: I usually stick to the registry because I would rather get someone something they want/need than get them something they could go without.
  • @wabash15 I'm so sorry about DD2. That's so emotionally draining. Hopefully she's doing much better!
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 thanks, she is doing better. she even got the OK to go back to daycare today. I keep telling her she does not need to make hospitalization a yearly thing... hopefully this will be the last time for a very, very long time
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w-ish

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 4 April for AS and 20w appointment

How are you feeling?: Tired. Between home improvement projects and flu, I'm just tired.

Rants/Raves: Half way there (for me since Ill be scheduled 7-10 days early)!

Questions: npoe

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I make a blanket and lovey, small pack of diapers, then buy something on their registry.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• MollyH1987MollyH1987 member
    edited March 2019
    @EmilyA724 I have never heard of a Lulla-Vibe before. That's interesting.

@wabash15 Sorry your DD was so sick. Having to resort to going to the hospital is never fun.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    EDD 8/16; 19w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): The Bump = Mango; Ovia = Zesty Zucchini

Upcoming Appointments: I was supposed to have my A/S this Friday but it got moved to last Monday (the 18th). Everything looked good and we're still Team Green. Next appointment isn't until April 25th

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. My lower back/hip/groin area starting aching over the weekend but we were also cleaning and organizing/decluttering the house most of the weekend so it probably came from moving around and bending over.

Rants/Raves: Like mentioned above, got to organizing the house some this weekend, including going through some of DD's clothes and storing them away. Rant is DH made me cry when he called me a name but of course later said he obviously didn't mean it. But still, name calling is a big no-no.

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1): I usually stick to the registry as well but I might throw in some extra diapers (either size 1 or size 2) because you can never have enough of those (especially with doubling up for daycare).

ETA: words

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @agpandme I havent gotten it out yet, but after the C section last time I used a step stool to get in bed for 3 months. DH is 6'6 and our bed is the perfect height for him to climb in...I'm a whole foot shorter! Currently, I have to do this weird rolling thing to get in bed. Its just lovely to watch! The first time I get stuck like a turtle Ill bust out the step stool.

• @MollyH1987 DD had pretty bad reflux as an infant and needed to sleep in a chair (I know it's a no-no, but you often find what works). The chair vibrated, which she loved, so when we were trying to switch her to her crib she needed the vibration. I found that and she loved it. It goes on for 30 minutes and then turns off so it was perfect for having her fall asleep and then slowly getting used to not having it since it wasn't on all night.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sourlemon yes the rolling thing is what I'm doing now !  I feel like a walrus LOL.  I have a tall hubby too so when I mentioned possibly lowering it he just could not fathom the idea  :D I have various stools around the house that I can use. 
  • @agpandme it's real sexy, especially when i moan and groan while rolling! between that and the wrist braces for carpel tunnel, i dont know how DH keeps his hands off me hahaha

• @ash0625 I’m not creative either!

@EmilyA724 what’s the snizz phase?

@agpandme our bed is high too. I hadn’t even thought about having trouble later on. 

@wabash15 oh no!  How scary!  Was she hospitalized last time for the same thing?

@brianalee2984 yay for the a/s being soon!

@sourlemon awww.  Homemade blankets are the best!

@MollyH1987 grrr. That’s not nice of your H!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23 18w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): sugar glider

Upcoming Appointments: not until 4/16

How are you feeling?: I have a cold.  My nose is stuffy and runny st the same time. And I can’t breathe at night. I HATE having a runny nose and hate not being able to take anything 

Rants/Raves: I passed my Glucose text so excited about that! 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1) I’ve only been to a few baby showers so I don’t really have a go-to
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for a normal appointment, next Wednesday for the AS!

How are you feeling?: pretty good! I get really sleepy in the evenings 

Rants/Raves: DH and I have been having a mini Babymoon this week and it’s so nice not to have anything we have to do! DS is having a blast with my parents.

Questions: nope

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1) if it’s a close friend, I like to team up with someone else and buy a bigger item off their registry like a pack n’ play 
  • @purplg8r when I sneeze, I either feel like or I do pee a little 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @purplg8r last time it was RSV. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• parrothead78parrothead78 member
    edited March 2019
    I’ve been MIA - Life. But happy to be back as life settles down. March is always crazy busy for us.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 16 - 19w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini 

Upcoming Appointments: April 11

How are you feeling?: Too good. Had AS 1.5 weeks ago - baby is healthy & we remained team green. Found out I have an anterior placenta so movements are dull a lot. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: during our AS at the VERY end the ultrasound tech referred to this baby as a her 😂🙈 she was quick and said “sorry, we were talking about your daughter so I have girls on the brain” but now I’m so unsure! I’m not convinced enough to buy girl related items but for the next almost 20 weeks I will wonder if she messed up or really did have girls on the brain. 
    Raves: the weather is finally warming up and I felt my seasonal depression float away. Also - Friday I’m half way there! So excited. 

Questions: This babe has a low heart rate (still normal, dr isn’t concerned) but it’s always like low 120’s - any mamas with boys find the lower heart rate thing to be true? 

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? (stolen from Group 1):
    If it’s a close friend & they’re having a girl I’ll buy them some bows from my favorite small shop. Literally haven’t been to a baby shower for a boy. Everyone I know has girls!

ETA - can’t spell “boy” lol 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): a platter of crepes Suzette, apparently

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan tomorrow yay!

How are you feeling?: overall great! Basic second pregnancy aches and pains compounded by lugging around a VERY CLINGY toddler 

Rants/Raves: rave: it’s my spring break! I’m typing this from a hot springs resort in Napa Valley. I’m here with DD, my mom, and my sisters on an annual Ladies Trip. Rant: DD is so clingy right now. She wants only me and she wants to be carried everywhere and my decrepit pregnant body needs a break 

Questions: none for now!

If possible I like to get something specifically for the mom, since in the excitement for baby her needs (or just indulgence!) sometimes fall by the wayside. Other than anything off the registry, I like giving the robe I used postpartum and loved, sitz-friendly bath salts, and for closer friends I try to see if I can get them a stylish diaper bag. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 19, 19w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan yesterday and 20 weeks (!!!!) checkup next Monday.

How are you feeling?: I am okay. Good days and bad days now. Starting to feel a little more energetic and less grumpy. I think the new anti-depressant is certainly helping and also just getting deep into the second trimester.

Rants/Raves: I am excited we chose a name and we're getting the nursery together. I am annoyed at the RLP and constant pain so early on.

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? Always the bouncy seat or activity chair from their registry, a pack of diapers, and a bunch of small stuff I found super helpful (baby tylenol, gripe water, gas drops, a toy, etc).
  • @parrothead78 that’s so frustrating! Something similar happened at our AS with DS where the US tech kinda gave away that it was a boy but not really... I get that it’s natural for things to slip but seriously they need to be mindful of that when people are team green!
  • @jmesue1030 not only that, the ultrasound tech was so excited we weren’t finding out (she said she didn’t find out with her two, either) so you would think she’d be mindful more, but I don’t know! I actually prefer a girl (just what I’m use to, etc), but I didn’t want to know and focus on the sex of this baby this pregnancy. I still feel like I don’t know for sure, but I question it so that makes it a little less fun.. 😔
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18+6 8/22

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a String cheese

Upcoming Appointments: OB f/u was today and went well. 

How are you feeling?: I had a bit of nausea earlier this week, to the point where I didn't feel like I could eat, or even drink water. I was talking with an OB (not mine, just someone I know) and she mentioned that it could actually be reflux. So, I've added tums to my bag and I'm considering getting some zantac or something. 

Rants/Raves: I think we're in agreement on names, for the moment. RANT: I think I'm getting sick again...DH has a cold.

Questions: 

I also use the registry, but I like to theme the gift. So I'll do bath stuff or for the last one I did the safety kit and meds she had on the registry. The one before I got her baby carrier and some "on the go" type of things. 

@lilmamabebe3 glad to hear you're feeling better
    @cato99 that trip/spa sounds glorious. hope you're getting some enjoyment despite the clingy toddler! 
    @purplg8r pregnancy cold is the worst! I feel your pain. 
    @EmilyA724 I've never heard of the lulla-vibe seems interesting!
    @wabash15 GL friday. hope LO cooperates and you can see all that needs to be seen! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"