Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 03/24

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: (I don't think I've asked this before) Do you work? Are you a SAHM? What is your after baby plans? How much maternity leave do you get/will you be taking? Will you be returning to work after baby? 

Side Note: If anyone has ideas for GTKY questions, feel free to let me know and I can add them to the list. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 03/24

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks - Due 08/26

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: April 1 for our anatomy scan. I can't wait to see him. It feels like it's been forever but in reality, it hasn't. I am also nervous as per usual. 

How are you feeling?: Pregnancy wise - decent. I have a massage scheduled for today and I can't wait. My lower back has been hurting so I am hopeful it will help. 

Rants/Raves: 

Rant - my in-laws come on April 9 and are staying in my house for 2 weeks. Sigh. I am not mentally prepared. This week is pretty crazy for me. I have 2 exams (corporate finance and marketing strategy) and 3 papers due (corporate strategy, leadership, and negotiations) plus my thesis draft proposal due. I will likely be pretty seldom here this week as I try to accomplish it all. Corporate finance is really difficult and I just want to pass so I never have to see it again. I've been feeling pretty isolated and lonely here. I miss my friends a lot and I miss having people who I can talk to at all times and/or see whenever I want. We have friends here but it's not the same as my best friend from home. Being in a foreign country can be very challenging. I have been trying to make friends with other pregnant women who are due within 4 weeks of me so I am hoping that they become the people I can talk to more. All I really have here is my husband and he is lovely but sometimes I need someone else to vent too. Pregnancy hasn't been the easiest and it's been difficult not having many people to talk to about it. 

Rave - Once I make it through all of the above, I am done this semester. We go to London next week and I can't wait. Also, next semester should likely be less work though I will be much busier in my personal life. Another rave is that 2 weeks ago, we had a scare with my dog. We found a lump under his skin and it really destroyed me thinking about anything happening to him. He is everything to me. Well, we found out that it was just a fat bump and he is ok. I want him to live as long as dogly possible and just the thought of him not being here really was making things harder than it already was. But my little guy is ok! 

Questions: Has anyone tried/looked into a hypnobirthing class? I've been considering doing one but I'm unsure if I would like it. Also, does anyone else worry about PPA/PPD after baby comes? Lol, maybe worrying about it is in actuality stemming from my already existing anxiety. These pregnancy hormones have really thrown a wrench into my normally calm and chill personality. 

GTKY: (I don't think I've asked this before) Do you work? Are you a SAHM? What is your after baby plans? How much maternity leave do you get/will you be taking? Will you be returning to work after baby? 

I am currently a student and I start my job on May 20. I go on maternity leave on July 26. Maternity leave is so little in this country compared to what I am used to. 16 weeks. 4 weeks before and 12 weeks after. That puts me at November 18; however, I have no intention on going back that soon plus we are in Canada from December 12 to January 1. I will go back in the new year if and only if I can work part-time and from home. I am willing to go into the office 1 day per week as my H can work from home and stay home with LO then. Otherwise, I will stay off work until we return to Canada in Fall 2020 when I will then look for a new job. I will freelance in the time between January and when we return to Canada. 

• aecmaecm member

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 18+1

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potatoes

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue + ?

Upcoming Appointments: nothing til mid-April (20wk ultrasound and OB appt)  

How are you feeling?: I was doing pretty well...but in the last couple days I’ve had nausea come back with a vengeance, especially with certain foods and poopy diapers. Also, I’ve been trying to drink more water to combat the dizziness but I feel like I’m about to float away!

Rants/Raves: 

Rant - I wish family holidays were easier. I THOUGHT we had Easter all figured out (it was originally scheduled as a lunch right during nap time). We got moved earlier and we decided to get take-out from Olive Garden (which is great since I’ve been all about pasta this pregnancy). Apparently someone objected to Olive Garden so the takeout restaurant got switched to Bob Evans...and just the thought of food from there makes me nauseous. Uggggh.

Rant 2 (lol) - we need to get DD potty trained, so that’s on deck for next weekend. Pray for my sanity.

SAHM right now - and I love it! Eventually I plan to go back to work (maybe part time?) once we get all the kids in school. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 18+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet potato

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Will find out at the anatomy scan. Just 8 days left!!

Upcoming Appointments: April 1st for A/S

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, still tire easily, but managing to get more done.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: (I don't think I've asked this before) Do you work? Are you a SAHM? What is your after baby plans? How much maternity leave do you get/will you be taking? Will you be returning to work after baby? I work full time. 4 days from the office or at clients, and 1 day a week from home. We officially get 9 weeks, but I will probably use my PTO to take a little more. My dream is to switch to part-time, but I have wait until DH gets his PhD and finds a job which will be at least another year.

@AKuzReve that sounds really tough. Sending you hugs, and good vibes for finding friends.

I have no experience with hypnobirthing, but PPD... I was never officially diagnosed because I was in denial but I think I had it after my first. I didn't think about it while pregnant, because that was something that happened to other people. Once DS#1 showed up I was a wreck, cried multiple times a day, didn't feel like myself, had no interest in anything... DH kept trying to convince me to go see someone, but I kept saying that it was just hormones, and I would feel better eventually... And I did... eventually. I dreaded DS#2 coming, because as much as I wanted him, I didn't want to feel that way again, and then he showed up and I was ok. Don't get me wrong, it was tough, I was exhausted, and I still cried pretty easily, but nothing like with DS#1, it was only then that I realized I probably had had PPD with DS#1.

All this is your say, it's something that happens or it doesn't, you're already ahead of the game by acknowledging it's something you have to look out for. Try not to stress over it to much, and definitely look into seeing someone. Even now if you think it will help...and after even if you don't have it officially it doesn't hurt to have someone to talk to.

@aecm Good luck with potty training.

• @AKuzReve good luck with all the exams and school work. It doesn't sound fun. I don't envy you that! But London will be awesome! I LOVE London!

@aecm can't you object to the place that's making you wretch? Your reason is probably more valid than whomever objected to OG! (Crazy person!) Pull the pregnancy card! OG is awesome!

@mrosek91 any inkling if it's a boy or girl? Any dreams or anything? Hoping one way or the other?

Due: Aug 30, 17w2

Baby is the size of a pomegranate

Team Green!

Appointments: next OB is April 4. I'm hoping he will decrease my progesterone and maybe allow me off bed rest. I'd like to get cleared for light duties at work by May.
    AS on April 12

Feeling: I've been ok the last few days. Had several days of brutal SI pain and RLP. I was in tears at one point (probably cuz it was preventing me from sleeping so I was over tired). But luckily that has eased off. For now. Crying really easily. Which is fine. Alternating constipated and....too soft. So that's annoying.
    And honestly, quite anxious about the upcoming blood test results. OB sent me for maternal serum  screening. So waiting to find out if LO has Downes or Spina bifida.

Rants/raves.   don't know if this is a rant or a rave, but I'm having nightly sex dreams haha. At least usually this time, I'm not getting interrupted (alarm, dog, DH rolling over) before it gets good. Though it concerns me a bit if I'm on bed and pelvic rest....

Rave: guys, tomorrow marks 3 weeks with no spotting!!!!!!!!!!! (Fingers crossed). 

Questions: yesterday a bunch of friends were asking when my baby shower is. I was under the impression that, like a bridal shower, it would be rude/ tacky to plan one for myself. Is it different for baby showers vs bridal? 

GTKY: I'm technically a full time paramedic. But I've been off most of this pregnancy. We have the option of 12 or 18 months mat/parental leave. Plus last week, the government implemented an additional 5 weeks of take it or leave it Pat leave, to be taken when mom goes back to work. To ease mom's transition back to work life.
    I'll start my mat leave as close to the due date / delivery as possible. I'm taking the 12 months.
    Hopefully I'll be working light duties through the summer, (desk work) so I can have income once my short term disability runs out at the end of next month.
    I'll be going back to work once mat leave is up. We discussed me going part time, but that's not financially feasible at this time. I miss work. I saw an ambulance yesterday, and got teary. Maybe I'll stop in at a station next week and sit in the truck for a bit 😂

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24 ..18w1d. I am moving here from group 3. My original edd was 8/17 but looks like they are sticking with the change to 8/24. 

Baby is the size of a(n):artichoke

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): green until delivery!

Upcoming Appointments: i have 8 days until my next regular check up and 2 weeks until the a/s

How are you feeling?: Struggling to be honest. Still nauseous every day and exhausted.  When I was pregnant with DS I regularly got hit with severe dizziness that made everything go blurry, today at church I had my first wave of that and it sucked. 

Rants/Raves: I am so thankful for this pregnancy but sick of feeling like crap. I wish just once I could have an easy pregnancy. 

Questions: 

I am a WAHM and do not have childcare for my kids (DD is in kindergarten now though and DS goes to preschool for 2 mornings a week). I will not be taking any time off at all. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @AKuzReve I suffered from PPA after DD was born but was completely unaware it was an issue until I was pregnant with DS 3 years later and it spiraled out of control. I have been in therapy and on and off of zoloft ever since then and it helps immensely. For me I actually find my mental health is best immediately after the baby is born, but many of my friends consistnetly struggle with PPA and/or PPD for the first 6-12 weeks. Keep an eye on it and warn your DH about your concerns, and immediately get help if you feel off. It is easier to manage the sooner you catch it. 

@aecm We always end up with drama around family holidays too, it is a mess. Usually for Easter we do not do anything with family and it has not even been discussed yet. Also on the SAHM topic...my oldest started kindergarten this year and it actually made me more determined to make sure I continue to work a flexible job from home as my kids get older. I love that I can volunteer in the school every week and that I am always able to take them to after school activities. This year we got hit with a ton of unexpected snow days and that plus regular winter illnesses ended up being a nightmare for my friends where both parents work tradtional jobs. Not hating on working moms at all...just saying that I thought it would be easier to return as my kids got older but I am seeing more benefits to having one of us with a flexible schedule. 

@chillycanadian fingers crossed you are able to get off bed rest! Also. I think it is tacky to plan any kind of shower for yourself. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @akuzreve That is really hard to be in a new place at a time when you are needing more support. I hope it works out making some new pregnant friends. So glad your dog is ok, that is scary. I have thought some about the concern of PPA/PPD - it is something that scares me for sure. If you are feeling significant anxiety now that is something to consider talking to your dr/getting some help with - some women experience increased anxiety and/or depression during pregnancy as well.

@aecm I’m sorry the nausea is back! Can you counter with another restaurant option? Not even sure if that food would travel well.

@mrosek91 So exciting your anatomy scan is only 8 days away! I’m sorry you experienced PPD. I think it’s very normal to have that reaction of not realizing how bad it is when you’re in it.

@chillycanadian I really hope you get your restrictions lifted soon! Do you know how long the results take once you have the tests? We’re waiting on the spine part only and they said 7 days for us. Fx the spotting stays away! I agree with @allycat11, I think it’s against etiquette to throw your own shower, baby or otherwise. Maybe your friends are asking because they assume someone is already coordinating?

@allycat11 Welcome! It will be nice to have another experienced mom in the group! I’m sorry you have such intense symptoms still. I really hope the worst of it lets up soon.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29 / 17w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Onion? Radish? I’ve seen a couple different vegetables

Upcoming Appointments: 4/15 for A/S

How are you feeling?: Good. I feel so lucky because aside from the PGAL anxiety (which has gotten better over time), it’s been a very easy pregnancy.

Rants/Raves: Rant - I’m juggling a lot of work stuff right now. Rave - It’s really nice out this weekend and we got some stuff done around the house this weekend. I’ve been on a general de-cluttering mission and things are getting better although still a ways to go.

Questions: At first I was having steady weight gain, but in the past three weeks my weight has only gone up about .6 pounds total. There was one day I was up more but it must have been bloat because then it was gone again. Should I be worried? Make a concentrated effort to eat more? My dr's office had a handout that recommended not “trying” to eat more because it will just happen. I’m not letting myself go hungry or anything. On the one hand I started at a BMI of 27, so my goal is to gain between 15-25 total, but so far I’m only up about 5.5 pounds, and the past few weeks I'm just not really gaining. At our most recent scan last week they didn't do measurements, but my uterus seems to be getting big (since it's already above my belly button). 

GTKY: (I don't think I've asked this before) Do you work? Are you a SAHM? What is your after baby plans? How much maternity leave do you get/will you be taking? Will you be returning to work after baby? I work full time right now. Hopefully I will go back on a somewhat reduced schedule after mat leave, I think that will be possible at least for a while. I have four months paid leave, which in the US is pretty good, sadly.

• @chillycanadian I'm assuming it's a boy, I always tease my husband that his family is incapable of making girls. My FIL is one of 3 boys, DH is one of 6 boys, and in addition to my 2 boys, we have 3 nephews on his side. I would love a girl, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Also, funnily enough my top 2 reasons for wanting a girl is (1) for my MIL, she deserves a female blood decendant (2) and so when we have more kids I don't get all the comments about how we're only having more to try for a girl. (We want a big family)

@Allycat11 I'm sorry you're having such a tough pregnancy, I hope things improve for you soon.

@zamora_spin it's definitely something to bring up at your next appointment if it worries you, but as long as you're eating when you're hungry you should be fine, especially if you were slightly overweight to begin with. The baby takes what it needs. I remember with my first I felt I wasn't gaining, and I asked the doctor "Are you concerned about my weight?" And he said "in which direction?" He honestly want sure if I was worried I was too heavy, or too light.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17+6 edd 8/27

Baby is the size of a(n): croissant 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue

Upcoming Appointments: 4/7 check up

How are you feeling?: pretty good, weather was nice this weekend so we did a lot of walking and organizing 

Rants/Raves: hubby had me up all night with his snoring. It was the worst it’s been. I kept trying to roll him to his side but that didn’t last long. 

Questions: when did you start feeling the baby move? I’ve felt flutters but I want to feel him move. Also my nipples hurt! I breastfed my other 2 and intend on bf this one but why do they hurt now?

I love my job I work for my school district. I will be taking 6-12 weeks off then depending on if I’m mentally ready to leave the baby I would love to return but Daycare is so expensive so I might have to stay home. 

• @chillycanadianThat is a great milestone to mark!!! 

@mia8263Daycare costs are insane!!! Especially depending on the metro area you are in/closest to. 

@Allycat11 I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling sick.  I was like that with DD2 at this point.  I hope it eases up soon. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18w + 2d, EDD 8/24

Baby is the size of a(n): I think I saw sweet potato? 

Upcoming Appointments: I think I have a A/S with MFM this week but I have been so distracted I can't actually remember when it is. 

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly good.  I feel like I'm really tired, but that's also because I do A TON, especially on weekends, with two active kids. My pregnancy dreams are getting INSANE.  Last night I had a dream that Charlie weighed 12lbs 13oz at birth.  No thank you!! 

Rants/Raves: We have a lot of stuff going on right now!! 1. Picking paint is seriously stressful.  We're painting our entire interior this week and I've vacillated about a million times. The deadline is TODAY to tell the painters the color, so I need to stop being so wishy-washy.  2. We also need to start thinking about transitioning DD2 to a bed (because we decided now was not the time to sell our house, so the girls are going to share a room for a year or two and we'll move later).  DD1 was very unique and in a bed really early, so it feels very like we're doing this for the first time. 3. We will know this weekend where DD1 will be going to kindergarten!! 

Questions: While I think deep down I know we're done after 3 kids, now that we have been discussing taking action to truly be done, I'm suddenly all protective of the idea of more kids.  Is this a control thing? 

GTKY: (I don't think I've asked this before) Do you work? Are you a SAHM? What is your after baby plans? How much maternity leave do you get/will you be taking? Will you be returning to work after baby?: I do, in HR.  I will stay home for 12 weeks, DH for 3 after that, then my mom and dad will stay with him until January 2. All of my kids have started daycare around 4-5 months and it's always worked well.  I will continue to work for awhile, or at least until DH's student loans are paid off.  We have been very aggressive in paying them down, but even still, our monthly payment is equivalent to a healthy mortgage, so in order to make sure we have good savings in place, etc, I will continue to work.  Lately I've been less motivated about that, but it is what it is.  Life is long.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @AKuzReve From last week - I am working with my professor to complete a 3 credit independent study this summer and will need to take the fall semester off, so I *should* be able to finish the master's degree (my second master's) by December 2020. I can only take one class per semester during the school year, for financial reasons but primarily due to lack of time, so this degree is taking forever to complete. I started it in Fall 2015!

Also - I'm so glad your dog is ok!! This is a busy week for me too - I hope you get through it all and can finally relax! I'll be looking forward to your update from your AS next week too and thinking about you.

@aecm I definitely think you should get first dibs on food choices! I hate when the holidays are so complicated. I'm sorry that your nausea is back - I hope it subsides soon!

@mrosek91 I would love to work part time too! Especially to be home on the days my H works so we wouldn't need day care and one of us could be with LO at all times. It's just not financially possible for me to find something with the flexibility to work around a rotating schedule that also has nearly the pay and benefits that I'm currently getting (although as a teacher, it's still not a ton!).

@chillycanadian Yayyy for no spotting! I hope it stays away! We have our AS on the same day so I'll be thinking of you.

@allycat11 I would love to work from home! Both of my parents worked from home most of my childhood, so it just seemed so normal to me for them to be around all the time. We did have a babysitter when we were little (and there were 5 of us). What field do you work in that allows you to work form home full time?

@zamora_spin I think I've only gained 3.5 lbs so far. I'm assuming your doctor checks your weight at every appt? I wouldn't be worried unless they are - it can vary so much!

@mia8263 My H snores too... I have enough trouble falling asleep when not pregnant and it's driving me crazy lately! I wish mine could at least be the one struggling to fall asleep while I'm going through all the pregnancy stuff! So unfair.

@peachy0709 I'm sure you will love your paint colors! What did you end up choosing?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 17+2

Baby is the size of a(n): pear

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for my early GD screening, AS on 4/12

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Getting a little bigger, sometimes I can feel my muscles stretching and it's super noticeable, other times not so much. Anxiously waiting to start feeling LO moving!

Rants/Raves: Rave: We had a great weekend out of town with my parents and sister! Rant: I have 1 million things to do between right now and Wednesday morning, and I have my grad class until late tomorrow night so I only have about 24 hours to complete all 1 million things. Plus I have my glucose test tomorrow morning so that cuts into my normal time to get anything done. Definitely stressing!

Questions: None atm!

I teach high school and am due right at the end of the first week of school. I am planning to take 12 weeks; the first 6 covered half by STD and half by my sick leave, the last 6 weeks unpaid. Even though I have the leave to cover it, we aren't allowed to use sick leave beyond the first 6 weeks :angry:

If she comes on time, I will be on leave until Thanksgiving break, then we will have 3 weeks of school until we are off again for 2 weeks for winter break. The plan is for H to take off work (he works 24hrs every 4 days, so during those 3 weeks we only need 4 days covered), and/or for my parents to visit for a few days or a long weekend so that we won't need daycare until after winter break. If she comes early, H may need to use a little more leave than currently planned or my parents might need to help us out a few more days to get us through the end of the year, but my mom is already looking forward to it so I'm not concerned.

Then LO will start daycare in January 2020 and will go 2 days per week and be home with my H the other days. I'm a little jealous he will be able to be home with her most days while I am working, but I also get the whole summer and other breaks throughout the year when I can be home with her full time.

• aecmaecm member
    Thanks for understanding my crazy holiday food preferences / aversions, all. I made my opinions known to my MIL, but she and FIL LOOOVE Bob Evans so they don’t get why I think it’s gross at all. She also complained that she can’t please everyone. So I think we’ll just pick up our own food (probably reverting back to Olive Garden, lol) on our way there and I’ll do my best to avoid everyone else’s food, especially the (*gag*) chicken. Normally I would probably avoid doing that b/c it seems a tad rude...but I’m pregnant so i absolutely don’t care right now. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @dogmomma096 I am a travel agent. I have a client load that keeps it more part time than full time, although some of my coworkers work full time.  It is the perfect balance that gives me flexibility but allows me to have something challenging aside from parenting. I was a SAHM until DD was almost 3 and I found myself missing work but between scheduling and finances it did not make sense for me to work outside of the home...plus I really love being home. DD is medically complex and has lots of doctor's appts and therapies now, so there is literally no way DH and I could make it work with 2 traditional jobs. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @mrosek91, thank you for sharing your PPD story with us. I am hopeful that I am more hyper-aware of it will help in recognising the symptoms. Hopefully, you can switch to a part time job next year! Is that when your H is finishing his PhD? 

@chillycanadian, thank you! I am super excited to eat all the good food in London. There's also this maternity dress I love from Seraphine so I will try to find it there. This one: https://www.seraphine.com/eu/blush-lace-maternity-dress.html. Fingers super crossed that you get off bed rest soon. Also, I sympathize with the RLP. I get severe pains during the night when I'm sleeping and it shocks me awake. 

@Allycat11, welcome to our group! I really hope you start feeling better soon. How great to be able to WFM all the time. I am considering going back to my old job when we return (just in a manager role) for the sole reason that I could likely WFM 2-3 days a week. Thank you also for sharing your story with me as well. It's all very helpful. 

@zamora_spin, thank you. I am pretty good at recognising my symptoms because I do have a history. I haven't had an issue in a while but I think the increase in hormones together with the insanity of this semester has been a bit of overload. Next semester is looking so much better. I love decluttering. As for the weight, perhaps mention to your OB at the next appointment? I know usually they say if the OB says nothing, then don't be worried. For reference, I lost 2 kgs in 1st tri and I have gained 3.8 kgs (so a total gain of 1.8 kgs from pre-pregnancy weight) (also this was with shoes on so could have been a bit less). I think maybe I should have gained more but I try to eat healthily and I think that's all that you can do. 

@peachy0709, what colour did you decide on? 

@dogmomma096, ah ok. It can be hard to juggle work and school. Good luck on your class and the end is in sight now! Good luck with all your tasks you need to do. How did your early GD test go? 

I had my appointment with the specialist for my thyroid and it went really well. She was so calm and reassuring. She basically outlined that the Dutch guidelines for thyroid levels during pregnancy is 1 to 2.5 and mine is 2.88 so it is barely over. She said that there is no real evidence that, at such a low level, there is an indication for medication. If it was over 4.5, then there would be more of an inclination. The biggest risks (miscarriage and brain development) are basically not really a concern as I am past that point. She gave me 2 options: to continue on the medication while pregnant or to come off it now and do blood tests to monitor it. If it does go up, then we can start the medication. I chose option 2 since it is easier to get on medication and I have to do blood work to monitor it anyways throughout my pregnancy now. It was very nice to have her explain it all to me and she was so knowledgeable about all the most recent studies. There is apparently an endocrine convention on right now and new studies are coming out right now. I did blood work today to test it and will do blood work again next week to test it so we can see where it is. 

• @AKuzReve I just got home from my glucose test. I ate a small breakfast this morning bc my OB told me to eat normally and not to fast, but the tech drawing my blood acted like I might need to redo the test since I hadn’t fasted 🙄 get your stories straight people. They said I should know results by the end of the week 🤞🏻 I’m glad your appointment went well and you are able to stop taking medications and just monitor levels! I’m sure that’s a relief.
  • @AKuzReve Yay for a good appointment!! Having a great doctor really makes such a difference.

@dogmomma096 @AKuzReve I really would love to work part time but I vacillate between thinking it's a totally realistic goal, and thinking there is no way we can afford it. I try not to worry about it too much now, because I'm the primary breadwinner/benefits holder for the foreseeable future, but it's something I can't help thinking of. DH is supposed to take the next step of "progressing to candidacy" within the next month, which is a committee presentation of his thesis topic. Once he passes that milestone, he has to be a "candidate" for at least 2 semesters before he's allowed to defend his dissertation. So that would put us at May 2020. But that's assuming he can write his dissertation in a little over a year with 3 kids, and a part-time job, and the numerous volunteer work he does. He seems to think he can do it... Of course if he graduates on time we'll have a year before DS#1 starts kindergarten, and the private school we are looking at charges 16.5K a year... So yeah, probably a pipe dream... Adulting is hard

• @dogmomma096 I haven't taken it yet this time, what I was told both times previously, is that you don't have to fast, but you shouldn't have a very sugary breakfast. I ate breakfast and did not need to retake it, or take the 3 hour one.
  • @dogmomma096 fingers cross you passed! It is annoying they cant get their advice straight. I was so nervous about failing when I was pregnant with DD that I fasted, I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour with her. With DS I was literally walking into the lab while eating a banana and I passed the 1 hour. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 welcome to our group! I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Dizziness is brutal, and yours sounds super intense.  And also @zamora_spin thank you ladies......I'm glad it's not just me! I also thought it was a bit early for shower planning. But that's probably because we usually have them after baby arrives. But then how do you really plan since you don't know exactly when baby will show up, or how things will be.  My sister approached me yesterday asking if she could throw me a shower. I guess she will plan for about 6 weeks after due date, and then officially invite and book once baby is here and we know everything is ok?

@zamora_spin apparently the lab takes 1 week to run the tests. So they actually should be done. But I have an OB appointment on Tuesday, so I'll wait till then to find out. I don't want to make the receptionist give me bad news on the phone... It interesting because when I asked about testing the appointment before, doc said they only do it if mom is at least over 35. And then the next appointment he ordered blood work haha. I really hope your results are perfect!

@AKuzReve I'm glad the appointment went well and the results are reasonable! Yay!!

@dogmomma096 seriously? Why can't they get it straight? Sheesh! Not fun to have to do it all over again! I hope it worked out fine!

@aecm good. Get OG on the way! Haha totally justified! And it will be delicious .everyone will be jealous.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29 

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): green 💚

Upcoming Appointments: April 8 ! 

How are you feeling?: super emotional. I feel like I get bothered very easily and so so sensitive. besides that, pretty good other than some back pain here and there.

Rants/Raves: loud cars and motorcycles drive me nuts usually, but even more lately. 

Questions: 

Still not sure if I'm going to go back to work or staying home. I work part time right now and thinking about working one day week and one weekend day. I really want to stay home with the baby. 

p.s. I love reading everyone's updates! it's really flying by.

Side Note: If anyone has ideas for GTKY questions, feel free to let me know and I can add them to the list. 

• @Allycat11 I had a thought....do you know how to measure your pulse? If so, have you ever checked it during one of your dizzy spells?
  • @chillycanadian I do know how to measure my pulse but have not tried it during one of my dizzy spells. When I was pregnant with DS my OB had me wear a heart rate monitor for 24 hours and they did not find anything abnormal. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 ok perfect! I'm glad they looked into it! Sometimes dizziness is just dizziness. But it's reassuring to eliminate other causes!
    (And sorry, I didn't mean to be nosey or anything!)
  • @chillycanadian not nosey at all, thank you so much for the suggestion!!
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19