Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 3/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 3/21

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 5 AL

CD:2

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, OPK, PNV, Ubiquinol, Keto Diet

R/R: AF is in town and is making me feel like crap.  I joined a gym this week and looking forward to getting back into working on.  I feel like it's the piece of the health puzzle I have been missing. 

CS/Q: Nada 

• @ruby696 isn’t March supposed to go out like a lamb? Can we get on with it already? 😆
  • @brookert615 you make me want to go visit Pittsburgh again. We haven’t been in a few years. What does the kelp and black cohosh do for you?
  • @marebear15 it just goes along with me not knowing what day of the week it is! Just ready for Saturday at this point haha
  • @ruby696 That's awesome you were able to get back at the gym and feeling back on track!!! 

@kbrown2385 Pittsburgh is fun, there's just so much to do. I wish they were here longer so we could go visit some of the nature-y places! I actually take kelp because it was suggested years ago in one of my FD challenges but it helps Iodine levels and apparently does help with fertility so win-win lol. I read something on Black Cohosh with PCOS a while back and just started taking it this month but apparently it helps with ovulation, egg health, implantation but should only be taken in the first part of your cycle. 

@marebear15 Thank you!!! We are going to go to the Strip District which is super fun - a lot of cool shops and a seafood market! Then do a winery tour/tasting, bowling somewhere, doing the riverwalk where you can see the stadiums, the point, Duquense Incline, hit up some breweries, and then taking them to the original Primanti's! Then I think we will take them to the Sarris chocolate factory because it's the best chocolate in the world and they do a super cute chocolate display each holiday! Also - so sorry you're dealing with not so restful nights. Hopefully YH is able to heal and bounce hack, sounds like he's on the right path! Have fun at your evening workout!!!

@kagesstarshroom LOL about your accent! Banana bread sounds so lovely!!! I have a recipe for a healthy coconut banana bread that I've been wanting to try! that's so sweet your making a cake - what is it going to be?

@misshelen86 Thank you! Enjoy the dentist! I agree about the dentist! I started requesting the water flosser and that seems to make my cleanings more fun LOL. Enjoy your Sephora trip!!! 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @littleredm That is awesome! Point Park is a great school! So sorry you're feeling crappy! Enjoy your time at the library and hope you're able to get some cleaning taken care of!!! 
    TW
  • @kbrown2385 Seriously! I'm ready for sunshine and flowers.

@brookert615 It's amazing how good you feel after you work out. It makes me mad at myself for taking such a long break (two weeks of nothing - so lazy). And please don't suppress your yinzer dialect! 

@misshelen86 I do a combo of cardio and weights/core. Yesterday I was on my lunch, so I only had time for a couple miles on the treadmill and some light weights/lunges. Enjoy your trip to Sephora! 

@marebear15 I'm glad that YH seems to be coming out of it and that your family bring him joy.  <3

@kagesstarshroom Mmmm... banana bread. Says the girl who just polished off a scone.
  • @misshelen86 BrOaDLy, I learned that refined grains are bad and unrefined grains are good, is what I learned about carbs and fertility haha. I used wheat flour (I think--DH doesn't always label stuff when he removes them from their original packaging lol) for part of my cake and for all of my banana bread, which I THINK is unrefined like when it starts but still pulverized? Soooo I'm still gonna have banana bread every morning until it's gone. 

@littleredm Good luck getting to the clutter! I also feel that anxiety sometimes about it. I hope your library stuff evens you out a bit/makes you feel better!

@brookert615 It's a peanut butter cake, and I think I'm gonna do chocolate cream cheese icing? (I prefer a cream cheese based icing over a pure buttercream?) I am gonna try to make it when I get home today and I'm thinking about bringing it to the reading series I host and having everyone sing to him? And putting a big bright red 4-0 in the middle of it? IDK, IDK! I wouldn't be able to hide the fact I was bringing it though bc he'd be with me, so maybe I'll ask him if I should bring it so we can share it and such or if we should keep it all for ourselves? He'll eat the whole darn thing haha, which like whatever. There's always another cake down the road I can bake once it's gone.
  • @kagesstarshroom - I could get on board with this "banana bread = fertility" diet!

@misshelen86 - Sephora is a lovely way to treat yourself after the torture of the dentist.

@littleredm - Sorry you are snappy, but I'm glad YH is understanding. I hope your day turns around after your library volunteer shift and cleaning!
  • brookert615brookert615 member
    edited March 2019
    @kagesstarshroom Oh my gosh! That sounds awesome, he will be so happy! Maybe keep it to yourselves and try and eat really fast LOL. 

@inthewoods23 So happy your consultation went well!!! Not a papercut - wishing you a speedy recovery lol! Hope everything goes smoothly for your sister! 

Edit: it would've helped if I tagged LOL
    TW
  • Ok now that I've caught up on work I can tag people!

@jennifer_louise @kerco925 sorry AF is being sucky for you both!

@marebear15 it's so difficult sometimes to be supportive of our DHs. Glad he's starting to get out of his funk!

@kagesstarshroom my DH LOVES banana bread! He would be so stoked to hear this!

@misshelen86 I had a dentist appointment yesterday. Every time I'm like "I'm going to get back to actually flossing now that my teeth are squeaky clean!" And then it doesn't happen.... 😬

@littleredm sorry that letrozole is making you moody. I felt no different when I was taking it. Maybe because I'm naturally always moody? Lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @littleredm Sorry you’re feeling moody. Glad that YH is understanding! Thanks for the tip, I did pick up a Dr. Jart face mask! I got the Hydro one and can’t wait to try it. I think I will save it for the next CD1 when I could really use some pampering.

@inthewoods23 Glad to hear your consultation went well. Hope everything goes well for your sister. I agree about flossing! 

@kagesstarshroom Oh good to know about carbs! Thanks for the info!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @keikilove That is so wonderful about your GP! Honestly that's so refreshing to hear!!! 
    TW
  • haha i think i confused some of you by writing sentences way earlier in the morning than I usually do? My point was that I usually am not carb-crazy, but after reading about certain kinds of carbs being not the best for fertility, I now cannot stop eating them (cake, banana bread, etc.) --but at least I used wheat flour? anyway. this part of this book is what i was referring to, if yall want to read it. cc: @inthewoods23 @marebear15

@keikilove That's rad that yr GE took down some notes on ISWTE! I wish all drs were willing to, like, check out some of the more "pop" science books that the rest of us resort to? She kind of addresses that in the intro to the book, even. 
  • @keikilove do you think you can get your GP to talk to my RE? Id like to say I’m kidding, but I’m mostly serious. It’s great she wants to check out different resources! 
  • @jennifer_louise bleghhh. I am so sorry for cd1. Totally hear you on taking some time to yourself. 

@brookert615 want to hear something CRAZY? I may just be at sarris’ this weekend too. Oh man. Small world. Are you a big fan of Pittsburgh dad? I enjoyed your spoiler meme btw.

@kbrown2385 Get it together, Spring! 

@kerco925 cd2 is kicking my butt too. I get it, af, you’re here. Now calm down!

@ruby696 good for you for getting to the gym! I can’t say that I’ve been as disciplined.

@marebear15 I’m so sorry things are so tough on you and YH lately. Just know that your being there means a whole lot to YH even if you feel like you’re not doing anything. Mh and I have been on both sides of the situation, and it is crushing on either side. I hope this morning was the light breaking through for an upward trend! 

@kagesstarshroom Give me all the carbs all the time! Ha, I totally hear you on wanting something after being told it may not be the best food for me. Forbidden fruit and all that. 

@misshelen86 I had a dentist appointment today too! It had been TOO long! My tongue keeps feeling how smooth all my teeth are now. AMAZING. I’m like a teenager who just got her braces off. I hope your appointment wasn’t too painful!

@littleredm sorry you’ve been feeling on edge. Hopefully crossing some items off your to do list helps you feel back on top!

@inthewoods23 I’m glad your consultation went well! Sounds like it’s a bit of a load off having your plan in place.

@keikilove Glad your gp was receptive! 🙂

AFM, decided to go ahead with bloodwork tomorrow since it’s convenient to fit in on this cd3. Still thinking we’re putting off the rest of the follow up. Anyway, I’m working on being more upbeat, which shouldn’t be too hard tomorrow at least since dh and I will be spending it together. ❤️
  • @begging4abump Thank you!!! And NUH UH! Have you ever been to Sarris? Isn’t the chocolate magical? Wouldn’t that be crazy if we were there at the same time and had no clue we talked almost daily?!  I love Pittsburgh dad! I actually posted a video of him in a GTKY thread because of all of the weird yinzer things we do! 😂😂😂 Glad you’re still getting the bloodwork and I really hope you’re able to get into those higher spirits! Enjoy your time with YH!
    TW
  • @brookert615 I’ve been to sarris’ a couple times. My mil is obsessed with it. I hope you and your family enjoy the highlights of Pittsburgh that you’ve thoroughly mapped out! I could go for some primanti bros for sure!