Quincy or Gabriel — The Bump
Baby Names

Quincy or Gabriel

I am expecting my third child and fist boy. I can’t share my girls’ names because I have a family member who stalks this thread sometimes and we haven’t told them the gender, but they both have very traditional but not common “old lady” style names.

The two names dh and I are both ok with are Quincy and Gabriel. DH likes Quincy best, and I really like it too, but I feel like it is becoming gender neutral, and I personally don’t like gender neutral names. Also, he would want to use Quinn as a nickname and I think that would be even more neutral/feminine sounding. I like Gabriel best (nn Gabe is fine with both of us), but I feel like it is a little more popular than I’d prefer. 

What are your your impressions of these names?

Re: Quincy or Gabriel

• Quincy is a terrible name - Quentin is MUCH better.  The NN Quinn is pure boy - put on a girl or not. 
    Gabe is just Meh to me. 
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    I like both. Quinn is popular with girls but not Quincy. Knowing your girls names would determine which one I’d go with since I like both! 
  • leighryleighry member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Love Gabriel nn Gabe. Quincy isn't my style. Like the suggestion of Quentin.
  • I dont care for Gabriel but I do like the nick name Gabe.

• I feel like kids will make fun of him with a name like Quincy. I’d go with Gabriel.

Married: April 2012

MC: Aug 2014

IF Dx irregular periods & Luteal Phase Defect: May 2015

DS: April 2016 on Prometrium

TFAS: since Oct. 2018

Cycle 1: med-free

Cycle 2: Prometrium

Cycle 3 & 4: Clomid

Cycle 5: Letrazole
    Cycle 6: med-free

• Gabriel for sure

if your daughter have old lady names, I find Quincy to be a very odd choice and Gabriel fits much better 

• bbiutmcph said:
    Gabriel for sure

if your daughter have old lady names, I find Quincy to be a very odd choice and Gabriel fits much better 
    My thoughts exactly.
    A friend told me I wasdelusional I almost fell offof my unicorn
              Pregnancy Ticker
  • Gabriel is one of my favorite boy names of all time!

• Gabriel. A beautiful boy's name, one of my favorites.
    stewy-2