September 2019 Moms

Pregnant with an 9 month old

I was just wondering if anyone is in a similar boat? I've just hit my second trimester and my little girl is just turning 9 months old and I'm struggling. I never wanted babies this close together and I'm finding hard to be excited about it. The morning sickness is worse which has added to the stress I think. We've decided to move close to my family as we're currently 2 and a half hours away and I'm hoping the help with our daughter will help ease theboressure I'm feeling but currently my mind is going a million miles per hour. I'm lacking any motivation. I hoped seeing the scan would get me excited but nothing! I feel like such a bad person and I'm so worried I won't bond with baby when it's here. Please tell me I'm not the only one to feel this way?

Re: Pregnant with an 9 month old

• This is my third, I got pregnant with my second when my first was 10 months old. I know a ton of people whose kids are 15 months apart. My older two are 18 months apart and I love it! The 1st trimester stinks because you feel like crap and so tired while taking care of a LO, not easy. I wanted my kids close together. As your child gets older and we get closer to Sept I would talk about the baby more. My daughter was 18 months when my second was born and loved helping (bringing me a diaper, bringing a bottle, helping hold a bottle, etc) very simple tasks to make them feel included. It’s a learning experience and when the baby is here you will feel chaotic but then once you get a routine it will be better. Now my girls are 3 and 1.5 and it’s fun to see them play. I also didn’t feel like I was neglecting my oldest. The newborn stage is the best way to continue the bond like when the baby was sleeping as they usually do then I would have some 1 on 1 time with my oldest. Just make sure you give them each alone time with you but also time together. It will be okay! Also glad you are moving closer to family, it will definitely help. Any other feelings or questions feel free to message me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker