September 2019 Moms

March Appointments

Post here about your March Appointments (upcoming or past)!

Re: March Appointments

• I feel like I'm double dipping since I put this in my weekly update, too.  Oh well!

3/14 12 wk appt
    3/15 NIPT blood draw and ultrasound 
  • Next one is March 18. I’ll be 14 weeks. If I remember correctly this appointment is pretty uneventful. Heartbeat which is exciting and then just bp check in. When is the glucose screening? I forget. 20ish weeks?
  • Loading the player...
  • @septoctkids I believe standard for the glucose screening is 26 weeks unless you have other factors.  Since I had GD with my 1st pregnancy, history of family diabetes, and I'm old I get to take the test at 16 weeks.  Dr was initially debating at 12 weeks but decided against.  Which made me happy because you can't tell a pregnant lady who still feels 1st tri yucky not to eat certain things, it's just not right!
  • @monkeysmom80 glad you get to wait til 16 weeks. That drink in the first trimester makes me feel nauseous haha 
  • @chichiphin I'm glad you're getting a second opinion! You've been on my mind since I read your post. I'm hoping and praying so hard that everything is going to work out for you. I'll be looking forward to a happy update. Sending all my love <3
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @chichiphin have been thinking of you! Glad you're going for a second opinion! I will pray that you get great news!! 

Had my one and only March appointment this morning, the NT scan at 12 weeks. Baby was measuring 2 days ahead, all looked good. Now we await blood test results for the next 7-10 business days. My next appointment isn't until the first week of April, 16 week check up with my OB. 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @chichiphin you've been on my mind! I hope with everything that I have the second opinion comes back with good news. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @chichiphin Good luck tomorrow!  I just caught up on the threads I missed last week and saw your post.  :(  I hope it was a bad read and you get good news tomorrow.  We're all thinking of you!
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    TW***

I just had the scariest hour of my life. I went in for my check up (12 week) I am currently 13weeks 5 day. It came time for the dr to listen to babies heart beat and she couldn't find it, she tried 2 different dopplers. The dr was really good and helpful. She had me drink water and eat so she could recheck. And she set up an ultra sound just in case she couldn't find it the second try. So I sat there for 45 mins or more with every bad thought running through me head. Also why did I tell my husband he didn't have to come to this appointment!! Any way the Dr. Came back found the heart beat right away. She figures the baby was just hiding and the full bladder and food got baby moving. I Feel like I am on a wave of emotions still and hoping we don't have anymore scares like this.

END TW**
  • @kdl89 I'm so sorry that happened to you. With my first pregnancy, I had the same thing happen at 16 weeks, they had to do an ultrasound to confirm the baby was fine. Turns out I had an anterior placenta so the heartbeat was harder to hear through that. Scariest 30 minutes though! I'm so glad everything worked out well for you! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @kdl89 so glad everything is ok! I have been in that same scary situation and it is so terrifying. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @kdl89 that is scary! So glad it was OK!
  • @kdl89 I’m so sorry you had a scare - the same darn thing happened to me when I was KU with DS around the same time. I had an inexperienced nurse try to find the heartbeat and my knees were up (so my abs were contracted a tiny bit). I hope that’s the last scare you get during your pregnancy!!
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    Thanks everyone. I am happy everything worked out and baby is good and felt much better after I got to see my husband ... He is my rock.