September 2019 Moms

Meal Plan Monday, 2/25

Now that some of us are *hopefully* getting out of the first tri, morning sickness funk, anyone interested in a meal plan thread??
What are you planning this week?
Bonus points for quick, easy meals and recipes!!

Re: Meal Plan Monday, 2/25

• We typically meal prep for the week on Sunday, but pregnancy has definitely put a wrench in that. We're back at it this week, but not to a good start...

This is for M-TH. Friday we order in and Sat/Sun vary.
    B: Toast with jam (craving it) and then yogurt for midmorning snack
    L: I got a variety of things I can make at work. I typically make one thing for the week, but its not working with how my tastes are these days.
    D: Enchilada casserole. IDK what I did this time, but I screwed it up and it was liquidy. I salvaged what I could, but we'll see tonight if it'll work.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I’ll prolly end up switching some days up if I feel rushed to make dinner any day. I was going to have a crockpot whole chicken today, but it smelled terrible when I went to prep it and the use-by date was 2/19. I complained to Instacart (they delivered on 2/23) so I’m getting my $ back...but now I have to visit the grocery store tonight, boo!

Mon- rotisserie chicken
    Tues- salsa Fresca chicken
    Wed- fish
    Thurs- pesto tortellini & chicken
    Fri- beef stew
    Sat- chicken fajitas 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nda_roxybabe I'm trying so hard to stick to what I've planned too, but man, sometimes it sounds so bad  :s

We're trying really hard to sit down as a family and model good eating for DS (16 months) because he's so, so picky.  So I'm planning things with him in mind.

Sun: Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Cucumber Slices, and Cole Slaw
    Mon: Grilled Turkey, Green Apple, and Cheddar sandwiches, Fries
    Tues: Breakfast for Dinner (Scrambled Eggs, Turkey Sausage, Homefries)
    Wed: Pasta and Meatballs, Broccoli, and Garlic Bread
    Thurs: Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken, Green Beans, and Rice Pilaf
    Fri: We always order pizza on Fridays...
  • @chichiphin Still not feeling much better yet?? 

@lillywonderland What kind of fish? What do you serve with your rotisserie? 

@RedBreast35 You week's meals are my lifetime goals. I did manage to hard boil some eggs for breakfasts this week though. That's a win!

Confession time here. DH is gone this week and I 100% begged my mom to bring me a pork and potato casserole I can eat off of all week. I convinced her by telling her it was the baby that needed the protein.  :D
  • @nomangos23 just exhausted still... so I'm v cranky when I get home haha
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @nomangos23 I usually do a grain (quinoa, rice or couscous) and a veggie (frozen usually) with all our meat (fish, steak, chicken, etc). We’re having salmon this week as our fish meal. 

@chichiphin DH is out of town next week...so you’ve inspired me to get some nuggets. Favorite kind? I’ve never made them at home.

@RedBreast35 I have yet to introduce hot dogs to DS...he’s usually not too picky, but sometimes he is a pill - he lives off of mac&cheese about 25% of the time. I have been getting those chicken burgers for him and he LOVES it. He also downs bacon and breakfast sausages. I’m 99% sure he would go nuts over hot dogs. 🤣
  • I made oatmeal for dinner last night, so that's where I'm at.
    I hoped to be back at meal planning this week, but it went as badly as previous weeks (if not worse); couldn't find anything that sounded good to eat while grocery shopping, so at least half the meals will still be pasta. I'll make tacos one night, and DH mentioned tabbouleh yesterday, which sounds great to me, but we don't have tomatoes so I'll have to get out to the store first.
    I really want some banana bread, but ditched our ancient loaf pans a few months ago. I feel like I won't be as excited about it if I bake it in a cake round, even though that makes no sense!
  • LOL @lillywonderland I go to mcdonalds when I want nugs. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @lillywonderland DS was not a huge fan.  Last night was the first time we tried with hot dogs and he ate ... maybe 1/3 of one?  He preferred to just eat the ketchup with his fingers  :s  Nothing is every 100% successful with him, except for cheddar cheese (the sharper the better!) and melts.  He is a weird kid.
    @chichiphin I don't like planning or prepping, really, but DH and I are both sooooo indecisive when it comes to food that we would throw ideas back and forth until like 7:30pm, then end up eating cereal cuz it's too late...  This way we can just get started when we get home from work and not have to think!
    @nomangos23 the baby DOES need the protein!!  ;)
  • @chichiphin I'll one up you... I Uber Eats McDonalds b/c... couch life. 
  • damn @nomangos23 i aspire to get to that level
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I was thinking you were eating like the Dino shaped ones like a kid, LOL! 🤣

@nomangos23 I’m too cheap to do ubereats. We looked into it to get Denny’s one day last weekend but I just couldn’t justify it. I say this, but I definitely spent like $8 in “service fees” for instacart this weekend. LOL. I feel like I can justify that because it’s a whole week’s worth of food. 😉
  • @chichiphin @lillywonderland I'm telling you guys! I'm miserable. I did just discover grocery pick up which works perfectly for when I'm on the way home from work. Plus it costs nothing! 
  • I use a meal planning site called Cook Smarts. I talked about it at length the other day in another thread so I'll spare you all the details here! Here's what's on the menu for this week with my own subs:

M - Italian wedding soup
    T - Kale ceasar salad with lemon pepper chicken
    W - Arroz con pollo
    Th - Potato leek soup w/ shaved brussels sprouts salad

Lunches are usually leftovers from the night before or a salad, and weekends are for going out/ take out/ whatever sounds good
  • I haven't been in the mood to cook much lately, but thankfully H has been doing more of it. 

M - Spaghetti
    T - Instant Pot buffalo chicken stuffed baked potatoes
    W - Turkey tacos
    Th - French Onion Chicken or Chicken Cordon Bleu
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @ternsetc If you're sad about it not being banana bread "loaf" pans, you can make crazy banana cake instead and put it in a regular cake pan! It is amaaaazing! 

https://happyhooligans.ca/best-ever-banana-cake-with-cream-cheese-icing/
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got some energy back this week, so here is our plan:

Sun - Spicy chicken peanut soba noodles (ifoodreal)
    Mon - Pan-seared chicken w/ mustard sauce (wholesome yum), peas, carrots
    Tues - Homemade breakfast burritos, salad (I know it's a weird combo, but we were supposed to have baked chicken wings, and the chicken accidentally got left out overnight) ::barf::
    Wed - out w/ a friend
    Thurs - 1-pot vegetarian chili mac (ifoodreal)
    Fri - buffalo chicken-stuffed sweet potatoes
    Sat - sheet pan chicken tikka (smitten kitchen)
  • @jaykay2004 your meals sound DELICIOUS this week.  Can I come there for dinner and not have to make my family anything? :/ 
  • @sunshine2417 my 7yo has been begging to make banana cupcakes (she thinks she belongs on food network, haha). I'm going to have her use this recipe! 
  • @sunshine2417 thank you! That looks great, and I even have cream cheese in the fridge :)
  • I am not quite back on meal planning/prepping, but I have been cooking since I'm no longer nauseous when I open the refrigerator door. It's been fast food or yogurt the last 3 months, so gross. Lol. The ladies who have their meal plans----it looks great!