Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 2/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Monday 2/25

• Loading the player...
  • kerco925kerco925 member
    edited February 2019
    Month/Cycle: 11/7 (4 AL)

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, OPK, PNV, ubiquinol, omega 3, vitamin D

R/R: I have a serious case of the Mondays.  Hoping the next few days go by quickly and smoothly.  Also, it is SO windy outside that I dont want to go outside.  

CS/Q:  nothing yet
  • @kimmer1412 what are you in school for? I miss my college days. The were so much fun. 

@jennifer_louise I'm sorry your DH was so insensitive. Limiting caffeine is so hard. I cut it out completely for over a month and my body still kept craving it. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm working on my bachelor's in banking/ finance, in order to move up to the next level at work I need my Bachelors.  Never thought I'd be going to college in my mid 30s or TTC for that matter LOL. 
  • @kerco925 and @emeraldduchess stay safe in the weather. 
  • @begging4abump I'm glad you were able to bond some with your SIL. Being around pregnant women right now is hard for me too so I totally understand your feelings. 

@marebear15 I'm so over this cold season. We can't seem to go more than a few days without coming down with something. It's getting old. I hope you feel better. 
  • @begging4abump glad for your quality SIL time. That's the thing about TTC emotions - you never know when they're going to strike! I too have gotten good at hiding teary eyes.

@emeraldduchess evening primrose oil? Can you tell me more?? PS - I've heard what PP's said too - AF temps can be really weird. Not sure why.

@emeraldcity1214 pretty chart!! And re: caffeine, my body just loves warm beverages in the winter. I try to have a bunch of decaf/herbal tea at my desk to fill the coffee void. Doesn't work every day (:

@marebear15 oh noooo, feel better! I'm glad you got some cute shorts. I think doing better on exercise is the perfect reason for new clothes. 
  • *lurking*
    @jennifer_louise I’m sure there are other uses, but I’ve been taking EPO to increase the amount of my CM. I hardly ever have any and notice a difference when I take it. 
  • @jennifer_louise I love a hot beverage in the morning too. I have switched to making my coffee with only 1/3 caffeine (Keurig half caff + a decaf cup). It's just enough to give me a bit of a kick start in the morning but not enough to really matter. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2019
    @kiki047 NO I’m so sad for you. Take all the time you need. Sending you lots of ❤️

Edited- words
  • @kiki047 @emeraldduchess group hug, ladies. 💜 Enjoy lurkdom @kiki047 we'll miss you! 

@b_1029 @emeraldduchess so do you take it in pill form? Like flax seed oil or something similar? 
  • @jennifer_louise yep in pill form! They look similar to fish oil pills. You only take it up till you O (I guess it can cause uterine contractions?)
  • @kimmer1412 Busy week for you for sure!! Hopefully you can still find time to HIO!  Did you switch the brand or type of OPK's you use? Maybe that has to do with why you got a blazing and and earlier positive??? Maybe??

@jennifer_louise my hubby and I have had quite a few trying conversations about the whole TTGP process.  I remember once back in 2015 when we were actively TTGP and I was REALLY bummed out that day.  it was a weekend, and I was really struggling.  I was snuggling with our dog, in my robe in our bed.  Hubby went and ran some errands, and he came back and I was still in my pj's and he thought my mood had not changed at all because I was still in my robe.  we got into a huge argument.  I'm sorry....I think the females definitely bare a majority of the emotional aspect of all things in this world.

@kerco925 Monday's are the worst- it's windy here too!  Hopefully the day passes quickly for you!!

@emeraldcity1214  can you go to bed ealier? sorry about lack of sleep!!

@emeraldduchess  FX for no power loss or any major damage from winds or anything and you all are safe!!  I'm a truly grateful consumer of my electricity!!

@begging4abump  when do you usually O?  It can be so hard to be positive- I can totally relate on that.  When I was active on these boards in 2015, I was a completely different person when we started to who I was when it ended.  Hang in there!!  Be good to yourself!!

@marebear15  almost sounds like the flu!! It's going around here pretty rampantly at the moment!! Rest and hydration!!

@b_1029  tell me ALL the things about EPO.....where do you get it.  How often do you take it? Your whole cycle?? How many times a day? This would be something new to me.....I don't think I have a CM issue- but it can't hurt to try to make things better.

@kiki047  sometimes a break is much needed and helps provide a fresh perspective.  It's hard to not get super invested on this journey at some point.  Hugs to you!!

Month/Cycle:   4/4 (1 AL loss)

CD:   9

WAYDTGKU:  CM, OPKS PNV, temping

R/R:   First of all- I'm so impressed at all of you who don't drink caffeine!! I don't think I NEED caffeine to survive. but I love the flavor of coffee!! And I've been drinking about a 4 ounce cup in the afternoons lately- and I've been wanting to cut that out for other reasons, so I'm just in awe over here of all of you who are not drinking any caffeine!!  That's amazing.  My rant is about hubby's friend who is staying at our house.....It's been a week.  I'm kind of over it.  I'm not sure when or where the end point is.  He had to go to court last week, but that didn't result in much.  The next court date is 3/19 I think?? We will and are going to support this guy for as long as we need too/can, he's been one of my hubby's friends for over 20 years and they have lived together 3 different times in that time period.  However, we had sex the other night and I definitely found it hard to relax with him in the house.......so yea.....already concerned about the FW coming up a tad as long as everything comes back as a go from my dr.

CS/Q:  I know lots of you use OPKS 2 x a day- or some do anyways.  Can you tell me more about that? Or how that looks?  I have some of the advanced clear blue kits left- I was going to wait until I heard back from the dr which I would assume would be today or tomorrow before using any of them- which should be fine either way.  Last cycle I think I started using them on CD 11- and didn't get a smiley till day 12- so I'm not worried about that.  More so the timing of it I guess?? I was thinking of using my wondfo type one 1st thing in the AM and then checking again mid day?  And maybe using the clear blue ones in the same way closer we get to what I'm anticipating to be actual O date?? Would that work? Is that how everyone else does it?? 

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for encouraging me to call my dr a few weeks ago during the TWW.  I had really been debating what they would or wouldn't say if I called, and I'm glad I did now after everything that has happened.  I'm thankful for my dr too.  I was going to send him a thank you note.

• begging4abumpbegging4abump member
    edited February 2019
    @MNturnsVA I think most OPKs ask for afternoon to early evening urine while clear blue says fmu, but then again later as o approaches. My guess is that the estrogen surge to get the blinky smiley is easier to pick up in fmu, but that the lh surge happens later in the day, so afternoon/evening is best. That’s as far as I’ve understood it at least. Sorry for all the extra stress of having a houseguest for so long! I don’t know that I’d be as gracious of a host.

@kiki047 I am so sorry!! 
  • @MNturnsVA I plan to try to go to bed as early as I can tonight. 
    TW-LC
    All of my kids are super sick so I have been bouncing between their rooms until one inevitably ends up in the bed with me. DH and I are going to HIO tonight and then go straight to bed. Needless to say, it has been a long week.  

As for OPKs, I just but the cheap wondfos and start testing once a day until the line gets darker. I started at CD10. Once my line starts looking darker I test multiple times a day so I don't miss my surge. They are so cheap I don't mind peeing on a ton. Once I get a positive, I test again the next day to see of it's still positive. Once it's negative again, I stop testing. 
  • @MNturnsVA I just found it at Walgreens with all the other vitamins! I take mine all at once because I would forget throughout the day but you can also do it 3x a day (if you’re taking the maximum dose). I can’t remember offhand what the dosage is per pill. And you’re just supposed to take it up until you ovulate because it can cause uterine contractions or something like that. I’ve read that to get the same nutrients, you can switch to flax after O. 
  • @b_1029 but do you start @ CD1?? Or could I start now?? being that it's later in my cycle? i'm intrigued!! 
  • @MNturnsVA I use wondfo off Amazon, this is a new batch I just ordered but I doubt that would matter 
  • *lurking @kiki047 Take all the time you need and be kind to yourself <3 We will miss you here. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @MNturnsVA ;  I use OPKs (wondfos) in basically the same way as @emeraldcity1214 described.  One cycle, I had the CB Advanced digital one....I did that one in the mornings, and then once I got a "high reading" started testing in the evening with a Wondfo (in addition to the morning digital).  I got my first positive in the evening (on Wondfo), and then the next morning the digital was a solid smiley (peak).  Since then, I've just used the wondfos, and generally get my first positive result in the evening, but the next morning is still positive.  (I test twice a day). 

Month/Cycle:  cycle 7/ month 9

CD:  12

WAYDTGKU:  letrozole, BBT, OPK, HIO, CM/CP 

R/R:  Well SMEP didn't begin the way it should have (we were out of town this weekend), but I'm gonna aim for some serious SMEP-like attempts from here on out (basically, EOD until +OPK, then SMEP-protocol).  OPK still pretty negative for now, so maybe I can still get in several go-rounds!

CS/Q:  Nah. Missed the two temps this weekend, but back on track now.  Hoping pattern will still be decent. 
  • @lcking82  thanks for the low down on the OPK stuff.  I was thinking that this was basically how it was done- but wanted some confirmation.  And what does SMEP mean again???
  • @MNturnsVA:  SMEP = Sperm meets egg plan:  some internet (book?) site that is basically EOD sex, with ED right around ovulation.  https://spermmeetseggplan.com/
  • When I first got to this board all the SMEP talk had me so confused. I had to do a Google search. we may need to add that to the acronym page. Lol! 
  • Happy Monday (blah), ladies!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, charting/temperature, trying to be healthy, having sex, eating better (or at least intending to eat better), and other things as they are suggested--I'm all ears!

R/R: I am going out of town on a little weekend trip… so no work on FRIDAY! Yay!

CS/Q: I got nothing!

It is not letting me tag anyone, so I am going to try to make a second one! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @kimmer1412I love OPKs for this exact reason! Helps you catch the early birds! 
    @jennifer_louise
    Hugs. Tell DH if he keeps being thoughtless, it also would make a nice bedroom for HIM ;)
    @emeraldcity1214
    YAY for an uber dark test line and a beautiful chart!
    @marebear15
    Boo to colds. This winter will NOT end.
    @MNturnsVA
    Ugh long term guests with no set end date… that’s hard. You’re a good friend (and wife). Also, like others, I love the Wondfo OPKs because you can see progression, so you don’t really need to start doing two a day until it’s getting really close. Also they are so cheap! When I’m really focused I use that AND Advanced CB Digital like you are saying. Once the line starts getting pretty dark, I then add in CB, and then once I get a flashey smiley on that, I start doing both twice a day. I have a really short surge usually but a lot of build up, so both helps me pinpoint it more. I don’t start Wondfos until CD9 or 10 even or about 5 days before I expect to O. Although I'm clueless right now.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @MNturnsVA start on CD 1! 
  • Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD: 1...womp womp womp

WAYDTGKU: Been tracking CM and CP. starting OPKs this cycle

R/R: AF is killing me today and it’s just making me more sad. I’m ready to go home and cry. Also feeling the pressure for this cycle becaue MH will be gone all of April 😔

CS/Q: not today 
  • @jennifer_louise - Ugh, I'm sorry that YH was insensitive about the bedroom issue. There's a couple of things that I'm waiting to do to our two bedroom until after I get pregnant, and I have a Target giftcard and Hobby Lobby giftcard in my purse, just waiting to spend it on things for the two rooms. It's a raw subject, and I hurt for you.

@kerco925 - This weather has been crazy! March is definitely coming in like a lion, so hopefully out like a lamb??

@emeraldcity1214 - I'm jealous of your textbook cycle and chart. FX this cycle turns out just as beautifully!

@emeraldduchess - Winds like that scare me. Is is cold where you are? That's the scariest things about widespread power outages.

@begging4abump - Grief hits us at weird moments. I'm glad you were about to bond with your SIL in spite of everything.

@kiki047 - Hey friend. Take the break your heart needs. We'll still be here for you.

@lcking82 - With your cycles, I'm sure that starting now with the SMEP will totally work. GL!

@MrsJessS - Ugh, I'm sorry about CD1. Try to do something relaxing for yourself. I know that it's easy to say and hard to do with that pressure on you.
  • @marebear15:  the advantage to having long cycles!  :)

• @marebear15 I was looking at that to. Ovulation on CD14 with a dip right before. I usually don't ovulate until closer to CD20 so I guess my body is regulating itself. 🤷‍♀️ it would be awesome if this ends up being my month. That's the only thing that could make it prettier. I swear I haven't had a chart like this in ages. 
  • @MrsJessS sorry about CD1. Hugs! 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPK, timing, prenatal, supplements, BBT (new)

R/R: we interviewed student teachers today and I’m so excited about my student teacher for the next school year! She is awesome! 

CS/Q: so, my BBT came today from amazon. Talk to me about this. I see you all tracking your temps. What does my temp tell me? You all are better than google! Lol 
  • @ejoseph16 have you read Taking charge of Your Fertility? If not, get that book and read it. It explains everything in detail. It's an easy read too. 

In a nut shell, your temps help you to confirm ovulation. It doesn't tell you the exact day, just that it happened. In your FP your temps are lower and then they spike in your LP. So you end up with a biphasic chart. Once you have 3 temps that are .2 degrees above the previous 6 you can confirm ovulation. It helps narrow the possible day of ovulation when you combine that with CM observations. As your FW opens you will see peak fluid and then once ovulation occurs your CM will change back to non peak. There are different ways that allow you to confirm a shift such as fallback rise, slow rise, and a regular/clear shift. There are rules associated with all of those and they are explained in the book. 

It is important to take you temp after 3 consecutive hours of sleep. Take your temp before moving much once you wake. You need to temp at the same exact time (give or take an hour or so) to have an accurate chart. Taking your temp at drastically different times can throw your BBT off quite a bit and make interpreting your chart difficult. 
  • @jennifer_louise I don’t know how you limit caffeine! I have gotten mine down to just my morning coffee. But that’s still 14 ounces. 

@kerco925 I feel you on the mondays! I’m struggle busing it today! Ugh! Hope your day was better than anticipated. 

@kiki047 take your time and lurk! Sorry about CD1. :( 

@emeraldcity1214 I google searched SMEP a few days ago after seeing it so frequently on here! Hahaha. We are KINDOF doing that. Not 100%.