Trying to Get Pregnant

Confused

I’m on day 37 of my cycle and still haven’t gotten my period. I’ve taken 2 tests and both said not pregnant. I’ve had excessive thirst for almost a week now. Also feel tired and randomly get dizzy. I’m not sure if I’m getting a false negative or I possibly have diabetes as that does run in my family. I have 2 other children and don’t remember feeling so thirsty like this. I also never experienced any false results before. Has anyone ever had this experience? What do you think?

Re: Confused

• Dee331 said:
    I’m on day 37 of my cycle and still haven’t gotten my period. I’ve taken 2 tests and both said not pregnant. I’ve had excessive thirst for almost a week now. Also feel tired and randomly get dizzy. I’m not sure if I’m getting a false negative or I possibly have diabetes as that does run in my family. I have 2 other children and don’t remember feeling so thirsty like this. I also never experienced any false results before. Has anyone ever had this experience? What do you think?
    QFP

It's against TOU to ask if you are pregnant. Also, the majority of us have never been pregnant so this is not the right board for this question.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry just asking if anyone has had this experience before. Didn’t actually ask if I’m pregnant. Just looking for some support.
  • Ok  how about we just delete this post . 
  • Is 37 days really “long?”  That being asked,  it sounds like you are dehydrated.  So, drink something and cut back on caffeine.

• Dee331 said:
    Sorry just asking if anyone has had this experience before. Didn’t actually ask if I’m pregnant. Just looking for some support.
    Okay fine.  I will be “supportive.”  I many times have had longer than average cycles.  I many times have had negative pregnancy tests.  No false negatives, but unfortunately plenty of false positives (molar pregnancies are no bueno). I am always f-big dizzy and tired, but I have an horrible autoimmune disease so there’s that.  (And tw 2 children which is often delightfully tiresome.)

i get thirtsy with salty foods.   

So did I answer your question?  

Oh, no, I didn’t.  About 25% of the time I feel this way, I am indeed pregnant, unfortunately, that isn’t working out.  But, my symptoms being pregnant pr not have nothing to do with your being pregnant or not.  Hell, all 5+ of my pregnancies have all started with vary different symptoms from each other.
  • TW.... I had NO SYMPTOMS WHATSOEVER with my first pregnancy before I tested and I had been trying for YEARS. 
    End TW...

Take another damn test in a couple days then consult a doctor. This is a TRYING to get pregnant board. I very much doubt your question of “experiencing false negatives” could logistically  be answered here. Even those of us TTC#2 couldn’t answer this because EVERY pregnancy is different. You want an answer, go to your doctor. You want to commiserate in the difficult journey that is TTC... introduce yourself and start posting. 
  • @Dee331 In all seriousness:  if you are thirsty, dizzy, and tired....and at all worried about diabetes, it would be worthwhile to check your blood sugar and see a doctor.  New diabetes diagnoses can be surprisingly sneaky sometimes.  
  • bean1818bean1818 member
    edited February 2019
    @Dee331 I think excessive thirst is a giant red flag if you have diabetes in your family and should call your doctor that’s also who you should be asking about your longer then normal cycle with negative tests 
  • This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding (this topic), we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"