Opinions of the Unpopular Variety

Spill 'em, ladies!! 

Image result for unpopular opinion gif
*TW*
Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
Married 8/16/13
BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

Re: Opinions of the Unpopular Variety

• I don't wash my face, or take my makeup off. Somewhat by choice. I look half done in the morning as a starting point versus starting over.

My youngest co-slept with me until very recently.  I didn't put her in her own bed till she turned almost TWO much to every single person I know's dismay, almost solely because I was legitimately concerned that I would break her twin bed if I had to lay with her to put her down at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • @zuuls_mom I also hate scary movies or any true crime things, I'm totally OK with being a wuss.

@kiddiesandkitties I am also terrible at face washing, I use my daughters baby wipes to take off eye makeup. That is the extent of my skincare routine!! And we still cosleep with my 2.5 year old half the night, because she wakes up crying for me, and I have to go to work, so if the only way she calms down is by coming into my bed, so be it. We all need our sleep!! 

TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @kiddiesandkitties if I do wash my face it's with a Costco facial wipe. After brushing my teeth and putting lotion on, I'm just so tired! 

@MsBeachNJ I can't do scary movies, but give me alllll the true crime! I'm a weirdo lol. 

@mamaber2204 Chick-Fil-A is my fave! I just had it last night for dinner. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom Yes, it is!  I don't know what part of Denver you're in, but have you been to the Park Meadows Chick Fil A at lunch time?  It was like a mall parking lot on Black Friday.  They had someone directing traffic and once you were in you had to wait in the grid regardless of whether you wanted to park, hit the drive thru or just escape!  Totally worth it, though.
  • @zuuls_mom I lived in NYC for a number of years, much of the time alone. I felt like every true crime show (Law & order, ripped from the headlines, etc) was always about NYC, it made it way too close to home for me. I had to stop, I had such anxiety! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @mamaber2204 I'm up north a bit, but we frequent Park Meadows and always on Black Friday! That place is a freaking shit show all the time, but Black Friday is ridiculous! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom It so is.  Another U/O of mine - I hate malls and shopping.  Haha.  So Park Meadows isn't my favorite place to be in the first place.
  • @mamaber2204 and @zuuls_mom I lived in Littleton for 7 years and Colorado Springs for 5. We don’t live in CO currently but I’m so torn if we will eventually settle down near my family on the East Coast or back in Colorado. I miss CO so much and it was such a phenomenal place to live... but being near family would also be amazing to have support and babysitters and kids growing up near their cousins and grandparents and such... I’m so so so jealous you guys are there!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mamabear2204 chick filA chicken egg and cheese bagels are getting me thru life right now
  • @mamaber2204 I looooove shopping. We go to the mall all the time (mostly Flatirons since that's closer to our house). 

@sunshine2417 I know we still don't "know" each other, but move back! Then we can create a CO posse lol. I'm born and raised here so I don't see myself ever leaving unless I have to.  
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom I used to go to Flatirons when we lived up north.  I like that mall much more than PM (but like is a relative term when it comes to malls).  We've been on the south side for a little over 4 years now, but were on the north side (Westminster/Broomfield/Boulder) for years and years before that.  Some of our best friends and my SIL and her family are still in Westminster and I'm in Boulder somewhat regularly for law school speaking events.

@sunshine2417 I agree with Zuuls!  Move back!  Wait, actually, I forgot that we're trying to discourage people from moving here (it's getting too crowded).  Don't move here.  It's terrible.  The weather sucks.  There's nothing to do.  ;)  
  • Add me to Colorado posse 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • @zuuls_mom No scary movies for me either. I absolutely hate when I go to the movies and there’s a trailer for a horror or slasher film, ugh. 

@kiddiesandkitties I do take off my makeup (I love Ponds cold cream) but that’s the extent of my skincare routine. I figure the water in the shower does the rest. 

Mine is that I don’t like bread. Never have. I’ll eat it occasionally like on a grilled cheese sandwich or something, but give me rice or potatoes instead any day. 
  • edited February 2019
    @cammie0526 I’m sorry. We can’t be friends. BREAD IS LIFE!!! 😜 I would literally eat a just wedge of Brie and a nice baguette for dinner every single night if it was just me (and I did frequently when I was not married 🤣)

I despise beer, olives and mushrooms. Gross. Gross. GROSS!!
  • I hate cinnamon anything,  the smell is so off putting 
  • @kiddiesandkitties My 3.5 yr old still co sleeps with me. Obviously we have to rearrange by September. Fingers crossed it can happen painlessly. 
  • @lillywonderland no beer?! But there’s so many yummy ones!

@blitzybee yaaasss rollin’ deep with the CO Posse! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @lillywonderland - brie and baguette is my favorite dinner ever. I'd be lying if I said DH and I didn't eat that at least once a month for dinner (except now - RIP brie and all other soft cheese)
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • @mamaber2204 luckily we moved a little bit after the big Colorado boom a couple years ago, so we got a nice little return on our house investment! However, if we had held onto it longer, we would have reaaaally banked off of it. Oh well! 

@zuuls_mom, I like you already. I'll gladly move back and we can have our own mom-gang! haha

@bluepeach565 you can always make a baked brie with raspberry preserves in a pastry dough!!! Then its cooked and any bacteria is killed and delicious! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 that sounds delicious!!
  • @supermom34482 What?! There are people who don't eat cinnamon on at least a once daily basis?!?!?!!? No way.
  • @zuuls_mom The only beer I like is the sour ones. I really don’t like wine or hard alcohol either. I am super boring, but always the DD!! 😁 (unless I’m in NZ - I am OBSESSED with Mac’s Cloudy Apple Cider...mmmm!!).

@bluepeach565 YAAAAAAS to Brie!! My Mom still raves about the night we did Brie and a baguette for dinner when we were in Paris. Also, most soft cheeses in the good ole USA are pasteurized...so fair game during pregnancy!! 
  • @lillywonderland No no no, we’d be perfect friends! You can have all the bread and I’ll take all the olives and mushrooms, then we can share the sour beer! 
  • @cammie0526 I like your style!! 😉
  • @zuuls_mom what?! You don't like having nightmares about creepy things?! :wink: I LOVE scary movies. I get all kinds of nightmares but that's half the fun for me hahaha.
    @kiddiesandkitties omg never? Do you not break out?
    @cammie0526 whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?! NO BREAD?!?!?! I wish I didn't like bread, but it's everything to me lol.
    @lillywonderland judging you a little bit on not liking mushrooms. Is it flavor or texture (or both)? Agreed on the olives. Yuck.
    @bluepeach565 I miss soft and stinky cheeses so damn much. @sunshine2417 I love me some baked brie, but it's just not the same as eating a whole wheel of brie with crusty bread and fig jam (not that I've ever eaten a whole wheel in one sitting *winks guiltily* haha).

• My UO is that I'm not a huge fan of the beach. I get so bored and hot just sitting around in the sun and sand. I do enjoy walking on a beach at dusk/night though.
  • @lillywonderland ok, we can still be friends. Sours are so delish! 

@themadcamel I love the idea of the beach, but then I get there and the sand, the salty water that burns my eyes, I'll just hang out by the pool and take a leisurely stroll later at night lol.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @themadcamel Your description of brie and crusty bread and fig jam is making my mouth water.  Yummmmmm.
  • @kiddiesandkitties my face only gets washed in the shower, if I remember . ;)
  • Hmmm sours. DS may have ruined some things forever, but that kid found my love of sours!