Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 2/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 2/21

• Loading the player...
  • @jennifer_louise ugh that's so frustrating about your inlaws. That would make me ragey, too.  That kitten gif is my LP, too, I think.  Sometimes I spot a few days before AF rears her ugly head, so I'm bracing myself for that to start...
  • Good morning ladies! Was MIA yesterday because I was working from home and pretty much worked from when I woke up until I went outside to spend 1.5 shoveling snow in the late afternoon. Then I was too pooped to even type on my phone. 

@jennifer_louise ugh I feel your pain my ILs do that too. They make plans to see my SIL and then will call us on the way to see her to see what we’re up to! (She lives 45min-1hr away) 

@emeraldduchess glad you enjoyed your time with your mom and those scones sound delicious. Sorry about the BFN but FX for you when you test Saturday 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 25/9

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1

Typical LP Length: 13

Testing: trying to WFAF but probably will cave Saturday morning

R/R: MH is in a boot from tearing a muscle in his foot last week and he’s acting like he’s crippled wit asking me to do everything for him. It’s getting old  :D  but tomorrow is Friday yay!!

CS/Q: I don’t know what isn’t wrong with me this month but I am way way way to optimistic. I need to calm myself. Another small temp rise today and is the 3rd straight day of rise since 6 DPO. One side of my brain is like relax it’s normal fluctuations and the other side is convinced otherwise.... I hate myself lol.  I guess I’ll just wait to see what tomorrow’s temp looks like.

• edited February 2019
    @emeraldduchess same boat! My spotting starts like 6-24 hours before actual AF. Although since my LP is inconsistent, I just get to live the next couple days in a state of high alarm. Those scones sound sooo good. I'm guessing you're back at school Monday? 

@kopp5988 no worries about just lurking, that sounds like an exhausting day! Your chart is pretty. At least the ILs live 2 day drive from here, so we always have that much warning. I feel worse for my SIL who lives an hour from them, they'll just show up and text from the driveway. So I could have it worse! 
  • @jennifer_louise yes, back to work on Monday.  Pretty sure I am out this cycle now, though. 
    @kopp5988 boo to 1.5 hours of shoveling.  Chart looks good, though!
  • @jennifer_louise omg not telling her til they’re in her driveway, that’s insanity. I would stop that ish real fast if I were here. I love my parents and love when they visit but that’s a big ole nope. 

@emeraldduchess sorry your school break week is almost over :( 
  • @kiki047 Sorry you’ve been struggling with mood/anxiety. I hope you have some ways to cope with all this. I’m also a pretty anxious person (especially when I was wedding planning!) and I find yoga/working out really helpful. That reminds me.. how’s wedding planning? It’s getting closer! I’m going to be the bad influence that says go for the pizza! Nothing wrong with treating yourself every once in a while right?
    Also, I really want to join the pee party on Saturday now @kiki047 @kopp5988 @emeraldduchess
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/2

Timing: -4, -3, -2, O

Typical LP length: 10-12

Testing: nope

R/R: 
    Rave: wearing a new cardigan that makes me feel pretty even though I’m still feeling bloated after an overindulgent weekend. New clothes help!

Rant: We’re supposed to get another 5 inches of snow on Saturday and we just got 9 inches yesterday. I do not know where to put this snow! I need some Spring, dang it! 

CS/Q: not really 
  • @creamcheeseplease the pizza is in my online cart, ready to order... and by pizza, I mean two pizzas, boneless chicken bites (why don't they just call them nuggets? boneless wings are basically nuggets), and a giant pizza cookie. I hope I am KU so at some point I can blame "the baby" for all of this.
    @misshelen86 I just talked 3 of my colleagues into helping me eat it so now I have to order the pizza or else they're going to be sad. :lol:  wedding planning is... coming. Still worried that we haven't hired a few key vendors like hair/makeup and a florist but meeting with our wedding planner tomorrow morning to do the venue walk through so she's going to go through all of that with us. Also going to try to start doing yoga a few times a week at home with MF. We both need it. I used to go all the time but these days I just want to be home and we have the space so we're going to try it. Will report back!

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 So glad you have a wedding planner! I think I would have gone crazy if I didn’t have one. The best advice I got was to try to remember the big picture: you’re marrying the love of your life, so don’t stress over all the little details. I wanted to have a fun party with great music and food, and I let some of the other details fall by the wayside. Let me know how the yoga goes! I find even doing just 20 minutes helps to calm my racing mind, since I tend to overthink EVERYTHING. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @kiki047 pizza is the food of the gods and should never be turned down, ever.  Maybe they call the chicken "boneless bites" because a lot of people think of chicken nuggets as kiddie food? Or maybe the don't want people to think they're like McDonald's nuggets. I am spending way too much time contemplating this. 
    @rachelredhead I'm ready for spring, too. I hate winter and snow so much. 
    @mvc003 I love baking scones but I'm the only one in my house who likes them, so I don't do it often.  I have a great recipe for plain buttermilk scones using a food processor. They come out like fluffy little pillows of carbohydrate goodness.
    @creamcheeseplease no PTO at all? Not even for emergencies or family reasons? That seems so unfair. 
    @misshelen86 your chart is so pretty.  I don't think I will make it to testing this weekend though. Tiny bit of spotting right now so, I would say I am out. Which means I will probably be drinking all the wine this weekend. 😞 Enjoy your massage and lazy evening with your DH!

• @creamcheeseplease that’s a tough commute. Are you unhappy where you are now? Job decisions are tough without TTC, so adding it to the mix adds to the difficulty. I’m itching for a new gig, myself, but have kinda resigned myself to staying put while trying to get KU. My company doesn’t have a great policy (just FMLA, short term disability) but at least I have a good relationship w my boss, feel like I can manage it. Devil you know > devil you don’t. I hope your decision making is easy, one way or the other! 

@emeraldduchess I studied in England in college and lived off cider, scones, and chips with vinegar (and felt “healthy” because, hey, it’s a vegetarian diet). A good scone with clotted cream is just perfect! 

@kiki047 good luck with the wedding planner! I just got married in April (can’t believe it’s almost a year) and remember the stress well. The best advice anyone gave me was the reminder that I was the only one who knew what it was supposed to look like. 99% of your guests will never know that the flowers are different from what you ordered or your hairpiece was supposed to have pearls, etc. It was just a good reminder for me to focus on the stuff I actually cared about and not sweat the little elements of that day. Hope your planning is happy and exciting and you feel well-supported. 
  • @misshelen86 @creamcheeseplease @mvc003 yeah we only got like 4 inches but I didn’t get out there until it switched to a winter mix and the rain made the snow so heavy that it took twice as long as it should have.

@misshelen86 enjoy your massage and pizza, that sounds like an idea day to me!

@kiki047 hope you enjoyed that pizza and the chicken bites! But yeah I’ve never tested before AF was due but we’re going to a winery with friends so I want to know plus I’ll be 11 DPO so I feel like it’s not out of the realm of possibility to turn a test that early. So if you do test Saturday yes to pee party also with @misshelen86!

@emeraldduchess FX that your spotting isn’t AF and you can take part in the pee party Saturday 

@creamcheeseplease sort about the BFN. I actually just switched jobs in July even though I knew we would be TTC. I figured who knows how long it could take and I would rather take a risk at a new place than continuing being miserable. Though an added 1 hr commute does make that decision even harder, I know it’s cliché but maybe a pro/con list is in order

@rachelredhead yes enough with this snow already! Bring on the spring 

@mvc003 what sort of workout classes do you do? I did spin and body pump in the past and enjoyed both but I haven’t gone in like a year.

• @rachelredhead sorry I missed your update earlier! New cardigan sounds lovely, but agreed on winter needing to GTFO. I want to wear dresses without sleeves or tights, NOW. // and *thank you* for the wedding tips. It's honestly all just very overwhelming. We knew it would be tough planning a wedding in 6 months but I can't actually fathom stretching this process out over a longer period of time, I just want it here and done with. I do have lots of support and we're happy and excited about the wedding itself when I'm not pulling my hair out. The only nightmare I've had to deal with so far is my Mom. She's... special, and likes to make things all about her. My family is super, super supportive about helping me with her though. 
    @mvc003 that's really cool about fitbit vs FF. Fitbit has really stepped up their game since I switched to the apple watch. Eventually when my iPhone dies I think I'll switch to the Google Pixel, which means I'll also replace my apple watch with another fitbit. Good to know the interface is good! I also love their sleep tracking, the Apple apps suck.
    @misshelen86 we're really glad we spent the extra $ for the planner too. At first I was all "nah, I got this, I'm the most organized person in the world." Hah! That lasted about 2 minutes. 
    @emeraldduchess ate the pizza. Have zero regrets. But yes I'm still contemplating the meaning of boneless chicken bites. With a nugget, it is implied that it is boneless, so just seems redundant to me. :lol: I don't know why I care so much but it bugs me. So sorry you think you're out :cry:  Enjoy your wine, if Saturday is a BFN I shall be indulging in alll the wine as well. 
    @kopp5988 we'll see if I can resist, but if MF is on board the pee party is on! 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 we planned in 6 months, too, and I had the same feeling. It was a bit of a whirlwind but I was so effin ready to be done by the time we married. I’m sorry your mom is a tough one to handle but I’m glad you have a great support team. My best friend got married in December and my number #1 responsibility as matron of honor was to handle her mom. 😁 It takes a village. 
  • @kopp5988 I used to do body pump occasionally, but not spin. I've been taking barre classes for close to a year now...before that I mainly did videos. I've never really been into working out and would have to force myself to workout. But, I've truly enjoyed barre class and it's something that I look forward to now and love to track how much stronger it has made my core. I will say though that I've tried the big national brands for barre and didn't really enjoy them 

@kiki047 yes! the sleep tracker is so good! I love all their charts. My only issue is that I don't like wearing my fitbit to sleep. Does your watch every bother you at night? 

• @kiki047:  another short-planner here (lurking from WTO) and totally agree that it was nice to just DO IT.  Limited some of the decisions that had to be made.  I basically told my wedding planner that I'm frugal, like green, wanted sushi and an ice cream cake, and lots of white flowers.  She did the rest and it was GREAT.