Baby Names
Options

Please help decide name!

ella22ella22 member
edited March 2019 in Baby Names

Hi all,

I am 8 months pregnant and we have still not decided on baby boy's name. 

Alexander 

Edward 

Ryan 

William 

Michael 

Please help decide name! 50 votes

Alexander
36% 18 votes
Edward
34% 17 votes
Ryan
16% 8 votes
William
6% 3 votes
Michael
8% 4 votes

Re: Please help decide name!

• Options
    All of your choices are solid names, but I ultimately chose Edward.

I like Michael the least simply because I can’t stabd alliteration in names.
  • Options
    I voted Edward. I think it flows nicely and is less common but I understand how it might be out of your comfort zone on a baby. Teddy could be his nickname which I love
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Edward.
    Sorry, but a name sticks with a person their entire life, adult life takes up most of the time and when job seeking - it sounds very professional (as does the others).
    I like this name the most.

• Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited February 2019
    I like Alexander the best followed by Edward. All of your names are names that he could be proud to own. My daughter's name is Alexandria and she loves that it means "defender of men."
  • Options
    Another nickname for Alexander could be Xander.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Edward

Its classic and not super popular and you are a baby such a short time of your life. I would rather have a big name as a child than a childish name as an adult. 

I went to school with an Edward who used the nn Ward not really my favorite but it avoids the Eddie

• Options
    Also voted for Edward and Alexander was my second choice. I understand that you dont like the short names as nicknames so I wanted to add that a nickname can be whatever you and when he grows up he wants it to be. DH's name is Christopher his family calls him Mo.. absolutely zero relation to his name but from a fun story when he was a toddler and it stuck. Some people call him Chris but he usually asks to be called Christopher so he could always prefer his full name as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ryan is my top pick followed by Alexander. Edward is too old man for me and not a fan of the nicknames. Ryan Edward is a strong name.