edited February 2019 in July 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? (Stealing this idea from group 1 this week - good question @Panaceia !) 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
<3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

Re: Group 2 Check-In (7/9-7/16) Week of 2/18

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 weeks, 6 days, tomorrow I’m finally halfway 🙌🏻

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango 🥭 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out on my birthday! 

Upcoming Appointments: AS on Fri 2/22

How are you feeling?: other than random bouts of nausea and vomiting, I’m finally feeling like myself. Lower back pain is starting to finally kick in and I had forgotten how bad it can get. Trading one symptom for another. 

Rants/Raves: raving because I finally got some non-alcoholic beer and it hit the taste craving for sure! Couldn’t get that salty craving out of my head

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? The transition of having an almost 3 year old around LO. And juggling two kids versus one. I’ve finally got in a rhythm with my son and he’s 2.5 😂 I know eventually I won’t be able to imagine life without two - but it’s a daunting feeling. And sleepless nights.... not looking forward to the lack of sleep at all. My son slept through the night at 3-4 months old and I doubt I’ll get that lucky again! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

erynpdx
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15, 19w today

Baby is the size of a(n): mango. I LOVE mangoes!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out asap!

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal checkup today. Baby's HR was 150. AS currently scheduled for Wednesday, if it works for DH.

How are you feeling?: I am on cloud nine after our appointment this morning. Huge sigh of relief at hearing baby's heartbeat and hearing that everything is good. Quad screen came back negative too. Maybe this isn't too good to he true after all!

Rants/Raves:  Rave: see above. Really starting to let my guard down and fall in love with LO. Happened almost instantly today after hearing the heartbeat. 
    Rant: So tired of this cold. Ready to enjoy the outdoors again!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Lack of sleep and managing baby, family, pets, work, etc. I don't function well on a lack of sleep.
    acgxerynpdx
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): gameboy 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink 

Upcoming Appointments: March 12 

How are you feeling?: nausea came back for a week but I’m feeling much better! 

Rants/Raves:  I KILLED my workout today. Pretty proud of myself. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? My oldest 2 being jealous and acting out. Also having to deal with my mil. 
    erynpdxgreeneyedgirl12
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13/ 19W+2

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): team undecided lol. I still want to be team green, but DH really wants to know 

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday for our 20 week check up and AS! 

How are you feeling?: really good! Still get tired a lot earlier than I normally would, but still have energy to get stuff done. 

Rants/Raves:  my mom took the boys for the weekend and DH had such a great time to ourselves! Dinner with friends, massages, and just lounging around the house. It was much needed!!

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Lack of sleep! Keeping the older two entertained the first few weeks when we’re more likely to stay home. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16; 18+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Post Card

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan tomorrow (the 19th). So excited!

How are you feeling?: Great overall. Some back pain at night but nothing too crazy.

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Two things I can think of right away. #1 the lack of sleep. I am not someone who does well without enough sleep. #2 navigating the whole dog/baby thing. Our dog is a total sweetheart but he's also almost 90 pounds and doesn't have the best manners.
    acgx
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/13 19 weeks 3 days

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out next week!!

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 27 for my sca

How are you feeling?: Tired of insomnia😴

Rants/Raves:  My 3 sisters and I are taking my Mom to an Airbnb for the weekend to celebrate her 60th. No kids, spa night, games, crafts, movies, food. Ahh I can't wait!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? How the kids will adjust. I'm more worried about the getting here part lol. First two were pretty traumatic births I'm hoping to avoid this time!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 19w1d

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: AS 2/22

How are you feeling?: HUNGRY. All the time lol.  Pretty good otherwise.

Rants/Raves:  I'm super over winter. Can we just not anymore?

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Too many things to mention.  I am trying to focus on NOT worrying and trusting things will work out.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 9th, 20+0 - yay halfway there!

Baby is the size of a(n): axolotl (again, loving the "weird but cute animals" category - google this little guy for a smile!) or alternatively, a Belgian endive

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: fetal echocardiogram this coming Monday - baby has no suspected cardiac defects currently, but is standard screening since I had a congenital heart defect

How are you feeling?: Good! I'm enjoying this 2nd trimester thing

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Sleep like a lot of you is for sure number one, and I guess along with that, getting post-partum depression. I don't have any particular risk factors, but I'm really scared about that. 

• EDD: July 9 20+1 today 

side: banana 

team: pink 

appointments: just had our anatomy scan yesterday. Baby wouldn’t move and didn’t give good pics. All looks good and she’s measuring 20+2, but I’ll go back at 24 weeks for more pics. 

Felling: great. I can feel I’m getting bigger, but overall I feel really good. 

Rants/raves: none really today 

GTKY: I think just adjusting to life with two. DD will turn 4 right about baby’s due date and she’s excited, but I’m just nervous about the transition. 
    cindler
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 10 20wks!

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

Team : Blue again!!!  

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my anatomy scan Friday. Everything looked perfect. Next appt is March 6th I believe 

How are you feeling?: I'm effing tired. I thought I was hitting that 2nd tri energy and then we got hit by the stomach bug and it's all gone again. 

Rants/Raves:  I know I've already said it multiple times, but I am so stinking excited to be adding another boy to my crew!! 5 boys!! Ahh!! Another rave. I think one of my sisters is planning to come around the time this kiddo is due. I've kind of been freaking out about who is going to be watching my crew when I go into labor so this would be beyond perfect!! 

Questions: How many have you have already picked a name? I know we have a name thread but with so many posts I forget who all has a name picked and who doesn't. I know we have all the time in the world but we usually announce our name when we announce the sex of our kid and its bothering me we haven't locked in our name. Well I have but still waiting for H to confirm oror come up with one he likes better lol. 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Um... I guess seeing how my 2yr old reacts. He is in a kind of possessive stage right now where everything is HIS so that could be fun. On the other hand he also seems to be kind of obsessed with babies right now and keeps telling me the baby is going to be his friend so we'll just have to see. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat we’ve chosen a name for our girl. Lola Jane! Jane is my middle name and my maternal grandmas middle name and we just fell in love with Lola! 
    nopegoatwineandcoffeeerynpdx
  • @bartonolivia love it! Beautiful and simple! ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    bartonolivia
  • @bartonolivia love Lola Jane. The classic middle name compliments the sassy first name so well. Good pick 🙂
    @nopegoat we don’t have a name picked ☹️ We fight too much about it because we can never agree! Granted I won’t know the sex til Friday and I think that helps, but we are still pretty much at square one so I’m right there with you. 
    @acgx I feel you about PPD! It’s totally normal if you begin to have those symptoms, and the biggest help was talking to my doctor about it and putting a plan in place to try and combat those feelings as best as possible... no one really discusses the normality of it enough, but we’re here for you if you need to talk about it! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

bartonoliviaacgx
  • @acgx my best advice is to start having that conversation now with your H, your OB, and any close friends and family. It can be really hard to distinguish what's normal and what's not PP and having people close to you help watch for signs and be supportive really helps. Also like @mamahmh2 said, we are here too! ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    acgx
  • edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/12, 19w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): pair of sunglasses

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: AS Friday. Nervous AF especially since DH can't come.

How are you feeling?: Angry and hormonal and sore. May not be the best day to write this. Nausea and puking reared their ugly heads over the weekend, but have subsided again, thank goodness. Muscle soreness and RLP have kicked in, but I still managed to get to the gym today.

Rants/Raves:  See my rant in randoms. Mini-version, my OB is great, her staff needs to stop dropping the damn ball/messing up. NIPT took 6 weeks cuz the lab and my OB didn't talk, AS won't be until 23 weeks because despite it getting mentioned as the next step at my February appointment, no one actually called MFM to get me the referral.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Dogs with the baby, both in terms of splitting attention and dogs behaving. We have three large dogs (50, 50, and 100 lbs). They all have decent to good manners and have been through classes, but still have a bad jumping up on people habit.

@acgx I also have a CHD. What's yours? I have to have a cardiac appointment every trimester plus a fetal echo at some point soon (called about it today).

@nopegoat Genevieve Kate or Genevieve Gra(y)ce for a girl, James Meyerson for a boy (team green). Genevieve is my middle, and I'm slightly obsessed, although I hate most of the nicknames. Grace is a family name, including with the y depending on the family member, on DH's side, but I can't get Genevieve Kate out of my head. James is a family name on DH's side and Meyerson was my late grandma's maiden name. A tiny bit of me wants to flip the boy name, but I don't think DH would go for it and I think the kid might kill me later if I do it...

Edited: to update appointments since AS was moved to Friday.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    nopegoaterynpdx
  • @nopegoat we're still debating on the name front and my husband doesn't seem in a rush to pick one. We've had a short list (five names or so) since 13 weeks when we found out baby's a girl so I'm feeling VERY impatient at this point even though I know realistically we have tons of time to decide. The good news is I think we're both leaning towards the same name and we've already run our short list by both of our families to make sure there were no major objections.
    nopegoaterynpdx
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/9; 20+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango? Banana? Carrot? Depends on the website... 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green. and I guess that's final - my resolve was wavering but baby was super uncooperative at the anatomy US, so it's out of my hands now! 

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing til March 20th. 

How are you feeling?: Fat. But mostly fine. 

Rants/Raves:  Yah, see above. Selling/Buying a house is REALLY taking a toll on my nutrition/exercise habits. UGH, so much takeout and sweets :( 

Questions: Anyone thinking about coming home outfits yet? I'm using it as an amusing distraction but the whole team green thing really throws a wrench in the shopping. 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Bills; once we're in daycare (January). We're going to be really buttoning down the financial hatches for the next couple of years. 
  • @erynpdx “Fat but mostly fine.” 😂, but mostly 🙌🏻. Had a maternity dress on today and felt like I looked too fat/not pregnant enough.
    erynpdx
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I had two septal defects that are now repaired, so NBD for me anymore. Baby's risk isn't super high either so fingers crossed! How about you? 

And thanks for the reassurance re: PPD everyone! 
    greeneyedgirl12
  • @acgx A septal defect that resolved spontaneously, and then a pulmonary valve stenosis that had to be surgically repaired and I have to be followed for throughout this pregnancy due to the doubled blood volume. Baby has a slightly increased risk, same as yours and small chance I'll have to have postnatal surgery.
  • We’re definitely set on a boys name. Owen Miers. Owen we just like, and Miers was DHs grandma’s maiden name. She passed away two years ago and was just the sweetest lady. I’m excited to honor her if this baby is a boy! 

We arw pretty set on Hannah Kate if it’s a girl, but we’ve still talked about Cameran or Carly as possibilities 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    nopegoatmamahmh2
  • acgxacgx member
    edited February 2019
    @greeneyedgirl12 I'll keep my fingers crossed for good baby echos for both of us! 🤞🏼 And no surgery for Mama of course! 
    greeneyedgirl12
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 20w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): banana,k axolotl 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out

Upcoming Appointments: As on 2/27

How are you feeling?: fine and tired. 

Rants/Raves: I'm ready for warm weather and vacation

Questions: none

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Since I have an online business, how long should I keep my business closed. I'm also worried about how much the cats would be in the crib. I'm not worried about them harming the baby just their middle of the night shenanigans.

@nopegoat we had names ready but recently found out there's someone on both sides with the names. 
    nopegoaterynpdx
  • @nopegoat we are team pink and have a named picked out. We aren't telling anyone and I can't even get myself to type it here because I am terrified someone will know me in real life. Completely irrational, but DH would not be happy if I let it slip.
    nopegoaterynpdxacgxhakele
  • @nopegoat We usually have the names picked out by now too! But we always keep the name a secret. I like Annika Everly for a girl and maybe Emmett Isaiah or Emmett Gage for a boy. We'll pick a definite one once we find out what we're having. It's always harder to pick a boy's name! We didn't find out the gender with our second and I changed the boys name a few weeks before she was born lol!
  • I missed the name question! We messed around with the Baby Name app for a week early on, but I kind of doubt we'll get super serious about the conversation until more like the third trimester. Last time we really narrowed down the list on our beach mini-babymoon, and I kind of expect that's how it'll go down again. We're in the midst of selling/buying and honestly the name thing is pretty far down my list at the moment. 
    With DD we went to the hospital with 3 choices - I think we'll do that again, but this time we'll need 3 girl and 3 boy options. Oye. :smile: