September 2019 Moms

Weekend Plans?

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

What's everyone up to this weekend?
I'm super stoked because MH and his best friend are spending the weekend in Daytona and then going to the Daytona 500 on Sunday, so I get to spend all weekend being lazy in bed, watching trash tv that MH hates, and I plan to get Mexican for dinner tonight. I'm excited x1000 :D

What do you guys have going on?

Re: Weekend Plans?

• My kiddo is sleeping over at her grandparents tonight so we are getting take out and will probably spend the night on the couch watching a movie.  Tomorrow she has a playdate/sleepover at a friends house and I will probably be on the couch ha.  Though we do need to decide what we are doing about bedrooms for another kiddo and if we are getting an addition or moving.  So we may start that convo tomorrow.
  • Nothing much. Sweeping my lawn (we went drought friendly, have had a ton of rain so 1/2 my DG (decomposed granite - basically sand) is all over the sidewalk/driveway. Also prolly going to Denny’s for breakfast one day because we have a 20% off coupon.

@klpv415 Enjoy your lazy weekend! Sounds like so much fun!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Rehearsal for the musical I'm in, and a surprise 85th birthday party for my grandma. Unfortunately my brother and his Fiance can't come since they have the flu so my husband and I are going to be the only one's under 50 there.

You ladies convinced me to go out to eat this weekend though! I have been avoiding it since I was worried morning sickness would hit and I didn't want it to happen while at a restaurant. But I think I'm generally feeling better enough that I can chance it. Street tacos sound uhhhhh-mazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @klpv415 that sounds like a dream weekend!!

Probably going out to dinner one night (now I want Mexican!) and some time with family. We’re on season 6 of Veep so probably binging that tonight too! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @sloopy02 I'm all for weekends on the couch!

@lillywonderland While sweeping doesn't sound real exciting, pancakes are basically my favorite thing in the whole world so hooray for Dennys!

@aliciac2008 A musical sounds awesome!! I would have loved to get involved with acting/theater/something along those lines.

@zuuls_mom Definitely get Mexican! I haven't heard of Veep. What's it about? We started watching Shameless but since MH is gonna be gone all weekend I'll have to wait to start the next season.
  • @klpv415 it’s a comedy on HBO! It’s so freaking hilarious. They’re really vulgar, but if you’re watching Shameless it shouldn’t bother you too much lol.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @sloopy02 so jealous of your relaxing weekend! I’ll be chasing my toddler around haha. We are in the process of selling our house and house hunting for our “forever” home too. I’m stressed! We are hoping to be settled into our new home sometime in the Spring so we can be settled quite a ways before the baby comes. 

We are going car shopping tomorrow and then going to my father in laws on Sunday for dinner. Not the biggest fan on my in laws. It’s 2 hours away and around dinner time which means we’ll be driving home when it’s bedtime for my toddler. He’ll nap on the ride home and never want to go to sleep when we get home. Not looking forward to it. 🙄 

• We get to spend the long weekend with the IL's. It should be an ok time at least. DS is going to give them a Valentine telling them about 2.0.
  • @septoctkids I feel like you gave me insight to my future and I'm dreading it lol. My parents live 1.5 hours away and I've been worried about managing a baby with going to see them. They will 100% expect that I come home at least every other weekend, if not every weekend so they can see their grandbaby.

@zuuls_mom Veep is soooo good! I like the sound of your weekend!

@lillywonderland I swear I keep liking you more and more. I love that you sweep your yard! I really want to xeriscape our lawn this year and do garden boxes with decomposed granite pathways. How does it work with leaves? Are they hard to take up in the fall?

@aliciac2008 I hope you made or make it out to eat! I'm sorry you are feeling so crummy though.

AFM, we got Indian food to tonight and now I'm just relaxing on the couch. Tomorrow I am hoping to start my garden seedlings but I've been saying that for two weeks so who knows... 
  • @kgg2241 lol it’s tough but if you can time it right it will work. My best piece of advice is make sure baby is fed and go right around nap time. They’ll have a full belly, nap the whole way, and they will be well rested when they arrive. Luckily with a baby though their wake windows are so short that you won’t have to worry about it interrfing with bedtime for a while! @klpv415 I’m always looking for a good show to watch. I’ll have to check it out.
  • @kgg2241 I want to start a garden with DD this year and should probably start seeds indoors first. Do you have any resources you recommend. Websites or books? I have no idea what I'm doing. Haha.

• @klpv415 Aw man sounds like you’re inadvertently turning lots of us on to Mexican food - add me to the list! I want all of the cheesy, spicy food lately but my heartburn does not  :|

@aliciac2008 May I ask which musical? That’s always sounded like so much fun, but I’d be stuck as one of the background dancers because I can’t sing to save my life!

@kgg2241&amp; @septoctkids - Oh boy. This baby will be the first grandkid on both sides. My in-laws live about 2 hours away too, so I’m definitely tucking your travel advice away for later! On the other hand, my parents live 5 miles from us. Between the two sets of parents I don’t think we’ll ever be alone again!

I’ve got a busy weekend ahead seeing lots of different people. Brunch today with some college friends in town, dinner with some neighbors, then seeing another college friend who happens to be in town tomorrow. I know at least one of them is going to suspect I’m pregnant, so we’ll see how I end up handling that situation!
  • @kgg2241 I am so jealous you get to start seedlings already. I have been planning this years garden since I planted last years!
    @aliciac2008 is there a local gardening group to you? Even a Facebook one? That would be you biggest resource because they will have more knowledge on the quirks of your area. 
  • @kgg2241 and @bubsalicious We do a garden too. We are in a CSA that also offers like all the perfect plant starts so we usually just are lazy and buy those. We've been planning to start some with DS though but yes, not really feeling it right now. 
  • @bubsalicious Thanks for the Facebook tip. I’ll do some digging and see what I can find. 

And the musical I’m doing is Legally Blonde the musical. I’m playing piano so I’m not on stage, but I’m also the only one getting paid, so I’m okay with that. Haha. You should TOTALLY do a musical at your local community theater if you have one. That’s what’s so great about community theater, it’s a bunch of people who don’t do this professionally so you get all kinds of skill levels. Sometimes the chorus parts are the most fun! You get to have fun hanging out with everyone but you don’t have the stress and obligation of a lead part. Highly recommend! Just go for it and see how it goes. 

• @kgg2241 Sweeping is done!! 😉 I’d imagine it’s not too hard to get the leaves from the DG pathways - you’ll just have to prolly invest in a blower. We don’t have any leaves here since we just have palm trees in our front yard. 🌴
  • A little late posting over here! I had an all day meeting yesterday. Yuck. Weekend plans: This morning we did brunch and the children's museum with our friends and our collective three little ones (6mos-2.5 years). This afternoon I'll take DS to the library for our pre-vacation book exchange. Tomorrow DS has soccer in the morning (tot soccer is hilarious, ftr) and we have a baby shower in the afternoon that H insists we go to (?!?!). I have Monday off (!!!!) so we'll just have a chill day at home and I'll try to get ahead on the packing front since we're heading out on Saturday of next week.
  • @mamaber2204 we’re going to the children’s museum tomorrow for a bday party! I’m so excited because none of us have ever been before. Can’t wait to see how DS reacts to it.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom it's a blast! Have fun! I did nap for all of DS's nap afterwards, though. Lol
  • Really late to this and mostly the usual weekend for us - taking DS to his favorite places (library and park) and running errands. Also taxes, though. DH has been working a lot (we ate dinner at 10p last night!) so it's been really nice to get to the weekend, but I'd really just like to lie around and do nothing for a chunk of time and that's not happening!
  • @zuuls_mom I can't wait to take DS to a Chrlildren's Museum! The nearest one is 6 hours away, but I've been working on the trip for awhile now!
  • We are so lucky to have a nice kids' museum 15 minutes away. DS is suddenly into the library though. We are there like 3 hours a week. It's funny as he loves the story time but you'd never know it. He sits on the side looking like it is the worst thing ever. Poor librarians. 
  • @janat1717 I want to take my son to the library more. I’m so afraid of germs though. He had the flu recently and I never want to deal with that again. It was so sad 😭. I should get over it and bring him this week! 
  • @aliciac2008 Sorry for the late reply. I honestly think gardening is just a whole lot of trial and error. Your soil, climate, house orientation (sun/shade spots) is going to matter so much and you don't really learn those things until you give it a go and then try something different the next year. I do have a bunch of gardening books, but they really haven't been that helpful and you can find all the information you are looking for online. Give it a shot. It is so so rewarding at the end. 

@bubsalicious I am only starting a few! The rest will come in a few weeks. I am actually doing mostly flowers this year (with one garden box of veggies). I want to try a cut flower garden. I've never done that before, so we will see how it goes!

• @septoctkids We hid out all of January to avoid stuff like that and then I just had enough.