crs89crs89 member
edited February 2019 in September 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? 
Me: 29  H: 30
Married: 4/27/13 
BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

Re: Group 4 (Sept 23 - 30) Check In w/o 2/11

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 28th // 7w+2d 

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: 9w intake appt on Feb 25th 

How are you feeling?: Crummy - the nausea switch from dry heaving to actual vomiting around the 6 week mark. Less and less is sounding good to eat.  Lots of carbs for me. I'm finding it difficult to drink water and eat anything other than pasta dishes.  

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:
    1) Any advice on how to up my protein intake while I'm feeling queasy and have all these aversions?  
    2) Not sure if this is a TW or not so I'm gonna go ahead and do it just in case. During my 7 week u/s, the baby looked great...measuring 2 days early and has a heartrate of 146. However, while I was going over the u/s results with the NP, *TW* she said I had a small bleed called a subchorionic hematoma.  She didn't seem that worried about it other than putting me on pelvic rest. Not sure how concerned I should be. Does anyone have any experience with these?  Hind sight...I should have asked where exactly the bleed was.  However, she did say it was small...which from what I have read, is better.  All the online reading I've done really seems to downplay the seriousness of this.  Good news is I haven't actually had any bleeding or cramping, so I think that's a good sign.  *end TW*

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Wizarding World, of course.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/28, 7+2

Baby is the size of a(n): 'wee raspberry'

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow!! for our first ultrasound, and then I'm guesstimating 2 weeks later for our first doctor/NP visit.

How are you feeling?: not the worst, actually. my body HURTS, though. i'm uber sore in my back and hips and abdomen and i know that my charming 2yo sleeping all up in my business last night didn't help. need to figure out what kind of pain reliever is safe to take and make some bed/pillow adjustments. i've had on and off headaches (stopped taking lexapro when I got the BFP, so likely related). so far no MS or sore boobs, which i'm thankful for.  i could literally eat everything in sight and need to slow my roll asap. 

Rants/Raves: i feel like i look so pregnant already and nothing fits right. which is not conducive for my 'dont want to tell the general public for quite some time' plan. likely related to my inability to stop eating all the things - which mainly involves a LOT of carbs and snacks.

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? willy wonka's chocolate factory! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @crs89 how is fruit settling for you? i get all gaggy about meat products when i'm pregnant and almost never eat the protein part of my dinner so i try to do smoothies with protein powder because i'm all about the fruit lately.  Quinoa is also good, and chickpeas, and peanut butter!!  Eggs are good protein but they gross me out just as much as meat nowadays.  Does almond milk have protein?  I feel like they've always said, your body will crave what it needs - so if you're not feeling the proteins and looking for the carbs, you probably need something in them and I wouldn't sweat it too much!  The cravings will flop all over the place as time goes on. 
  • @kiddiesandkitties Funny you say that, I actually craved grapes last night.  I think I was starting to get a little dehydrated so I really wanted those watery grapes.  And they had to be super crisp green ones that make that nice "crunch" sound when you bite into them. :) Great. Now I've got myself crazing them again! Haha. 

That's a good idea for a smoothie w/ protein powder - I drink a Breakfast Essentials shake in the AM because my stomach can't handle food right in the morning and that's been going well.  I think I'll add a protein shake between lunch and dinner to help get some protein back in my diet! I just looked up almond milk and it has 1g...so not as much as I would have hoped. 

• mamaber2204mamaber2204 member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  9/27; 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n):  Blueberry!

Upcoming Appointments:  Thursday!  Finally!  First appt of this pregnancy.  I'm using a midwife this time and am excited to see how that goes.

How are you feeling?:  MUCH better than last week.  Still a little queasy, but not puking.  Yay!

Rants/Raves: Rant:  Back-to-back meeting schedules.  My bladder isn't a fan.  Neither is my need to constantly snack to avoid nausea!

Questions:  None this time around.

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit?  Hogwarts!  As a student!  I feel like there are others, too, but this is the only one coming to mind.

Edited because I put 9w3d...wishful thinking!!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks today. Counting down the days until I get out of the first trimester (forever away).

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: One of Friday. My ob's office does half of my visits with the OB and half of them as group visits which they kind of treat like classes. You can select which topics you want to go to, and it's things like prenatal yoga moves, caring for a newborn, what to expect at delivery, etc. I did it with my first and it's pretty cool. Anyway, I have my first group visit on Friday and we are going to talk about incorporating a new family member in when you already have kids and how to best get everyone adjusted. They still check your blood pressure, listen for the heartbeat and all that other stuff, but the classes make it a little more worthwhile going since you learn some other stuff too.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good actually. But I always feel fine in the morning. It's around 4:00 every day that I start to feel a little queasy. I'm lucky though and it's usually just that food doesn't sound good, not necessarily that I'm feeling sick.

Rants/Raves: My favorite restaurant for soup has my favorite soup today! African Peanut Soup! Gotta go get some soon before my evening queasy-ness sets in. 

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Either Hogwarts or in Pride and Prejudice. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited February 2019
    @crs89 I was going to suggest some protein in a smoothie too. For dehydration - Fruit popsicles might help. Don't be too hard on yourself - if all you can keep down is pasta, I'd rather that than nothing at all. I know how hard it is, but try to keep nibbles around at all times. I'm snacking on fruit (kiwis, apples, plums), toast w/ jam, baby carrots, oatmeal cups. Anything carb-y and bland settles okay for me. As for your SCH - they're no big deal. You may have some spotting, which is totally normal. It should be light and probably brownish. 

@kiddiesandkitties The only pain reliever I've been allowed is tylenol :( But a pregnancy pillow will should be somewhat helpful! I have odd tailbone paid. I fractured it yyeeaarrss ago (like, the 7th grade) and it like it just happened. So bizarre. 

Edit for wordz
  • @aliciac2008 I was totally trying to decide between those two places too!! I looooove Pride & Prejudice! But had to go with the Wizarding World for sure! 

@nomangos23 Thank you!!! Hearing someone say my SCH is no big deal is such a relief.  The doc made it seem like NBD too and that she has seen healthy pregnancy after this.  She also mentioned that if I wasn't considered high risk *TW previous miscarriage* and needed a 7w u/s, we may never have seen it.  Thank you for the reassurance! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept. 23rd / 8 weeks today
    Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry, or grape, depending which app I go by lol
    Upcoming Appointments: March 7th for our next OB appointment
    How are you feeling?: Pretty crappy. My nausea transitioned into actual vomiting yesterday and today has been rough although I didn't actually get sick...yet...
    Rants/Raves: Rave is for MH, who cleaned our kitchen and did the laundry yesterday and went and got the food I wanted even though I could only eat half of it before feeling sick again.
    Questions: None atm.
    GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Wizarding World!

• @klpv415 Sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy! My nausea did the exact same thing this past week! Love to hear that you have such great support at home! :) 

• @crs89 Sorry I can't help with the other questions, but I do have a suggestion about upping protein! I'm not sure what your current aversions were but I remember using cottage cheese at the end of my day to reach my protein goal with my first pregnancy. It has like 25g or something like that in a cup and it was really easy to eat. Hope it helps!

@kiddiesandkitties Your rant/raves! SAME! I could write the whole thing myself. Seriously, 7w and my pants don't fit already?! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/29, 7w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): pistachio

Upcoming Appointments: Probably 12 weeks. I still need to set that! :hides:

How are you feeling?: Bloat, bloat, bloat, bloat, bloat, bloat, bloat, bloat and more bloat. Also, I'm already feeling REALLY snappy lately. I've never had the crazy preg hormones or rage before but man, for the last 3 days I am feeling super emotional with NO patience. Which makes me really sad because I pride myself on being extremely patient with my 2 and 4 year olds. DH is out of town for work so these poor kids don't even recognize me this week. I get so angry so quickly. How can I stop??? :-/

Rants/Raves:  Rant: Why am I a huge b**** this week? Pregnancy has not done this to me before and I really want to stop :( Rave: I'm not sick anymore! That cough lasted for WEEKS so I am thrilled to be healthy again!

Questions: Anyone else terrified for number 3+? I don't have enough arms!!!!!

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Honalee :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/25, 7w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry / headphone earbud

Upcoming Appointments: this Wed for 8wk intake, sadly no U/S until 12wks

How are you feeling?: The queasiness has upped its game for sure these past several days, plus terrible constipation. I have succumbed to the "damn you, blueberry" rants...

Rants/Raves: I'm not a water drinker in general so switching to an almost all water drink diet is an adjustment. It seems to be the recommended cure for any ailment but man I just want my caffeine drinks back...

Questions: Any tips for constipation? I bought fiber gummies and those are hit or miss for me.

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? The world from The Golden Compass
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): earbud

Upcoming Appointments: thursday, first appt at 8 weeks.

How are you feeling?: sick but happy

Rants/Raves: So sick i cant manage getting enough water and im normally a huge water drinker. Getting very frustrated.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? HOGWARTS!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/24 8 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday is my second appointment (first was at 4 weeks due to high risk.) Already had my first US at 6 weeks and have another on Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: TERRIBLE. If I'm not sleeping, I'm throwing up or eating. And the constipation is so real.

Rants/Raves: Rant: DH doesn't want to tell one set of grandparents before the other set so we have to wait until the whole crew gets together. Rave: DH has been SO GOOD about my unsolicited crying lol

Questions: None currently

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Narnia!
  • @kmitchy I'm sorry about the queasiness and constipation. Try a magnesium powder called "Calm". It's REALLY great! You're supposed to start small (1/4 tsp) and work your way up to 1tsp because it can cause diarrhea. A lot of people take it to stay regular and if you're already constipated I'd go right to at least 1/2tsp. It even tastes yummy! It's the only thing that consistently helped me in previous first tris. 

@emhups Check out my constipation advice above. I swear by it! Isn't it so frustrating having to coordinate telling family? We told my sister already because she lives out of state and happened to be here so we could tell her in person. My parents were there too and now we can't find a time to get together with DHs parents. It's going to be like 3 or 4 weeks after we tell my family and even though there's no bad intention behind it I still feel bad. We might break and just tell them over Skype soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks, @SA0012! I'll give that a shot. I hope the emotions start to ease up on you (though I bet they feel worse for you than they actually come across to anyone else)  :)
  • @kmitchy I'm taking colace every other day and that's helping. I'm also doing prunes, plums and fiber cereal. Not sure which of my remedies is working best but something is helping. Not GREAT but better than when I was doing nothing. 
  • @SA0012 Wow! I didn't realize cottage cheese had so much! And that's still on the "good to eat" list! :) Thanks for tip! 

• @crs89 I see you've already had lots of answers about the bleed question, but I just wanted to chime in! I haven't had one, but I know quite a few ladies that have. With some pelvic rest it has always resolved itself. I'm not sure why they give it such a terrifying name. Also, for bready protein, I find Chickpeas give a nice bready texture. Hummas, falafel, etc...
    @aliciac2008 that's kind of cool that half of your appointments are groups like that! Our classes were always Saturday mornings or late at night. That is not what I want to be doing while pregnant! That is prime napping time!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key

Upcoming Appointments: Still a while yet

How are you feeling?: Like absolute garbage. My nausea has gotten so bad I can't function and it only gets worse as the day goes on. I finally called my OB to get a prescription so hopefully that starts helping soon. Also, I need some great alternatives to water. Normally I drink well above the recommended amount per day, but it's been making me so nauseous lately (shocker, I know) that I'm barely drinking it.

Rants/Raves: Rave-we got a new foster dog who came to us with really bad diarrhea and they couldn't figure out why. According to my yard it was due to stress and resolved in about 1.5 days.

Questions: Does anybody have a good water alternative?

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? The Tardis
  • Est Due Date / Weeks: 8 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 
    Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?: So tired! But I still have to take care od my preschooler and one year old, try to keep our house clean, cook dinner. It is  exhausting. I am also so bloated and barely fit into my clothes. I can’t wait till the bump is bigger and i can start rocking my maternity clothes! 

Rants/Raves: my husband gave me a hard time for being forgetful recently. I forgot to shut off the computer, shut off lights In the basement... well dude, I am growing a brain here, yet I didn’t forget to cook your keto dinner or clean up! 
    Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to Visit? Downton Abbey 
  • So excited! I totally just gave my at-home Doppler a go (not expecting it to work this early @ 7w3d) and I found the baby’s hb! U/S tech said baby was at the top of my uterus so maybe that made it easier! It took some patience and if I slightly moved the wand I would lose it so while I was searching the moves were minuscule! Lol. So for all you waiting to use your Doppler, be patient and move the wand VERY slowly! Another tip... I heard the whooshing of the placenta and hb was right there next to it! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks-9/25

Baby is the size of a(n): a lego

Upcoming Appointments: Monday for intake with new doc

How are you feeling?: besides super anxious due to a lack of symptoms pretty good.

Rants/Raves: I had a pretty easy pregnancy my first go around so it shouldn’t cause so much anxiety this time but it does. Can’t wait until Monday.

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Hogwarts. For sure Hogwarts
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @crs89 it seems like we are having very similar experiences. I'm due 9/29 And meat and water gross me out suddenly. I drank nothing but water previously so this is tough for me. Carbs and sweets seem to be all I want which I dont feel like could be healthy. My midwife gave me a pill for the nausea. It started with a B and worked great except it seriously intensified the exhaustion so I'm not sure I'll be able to continue taking it.

@TeacherMama7 at least you made a keto dinner for your husband! I feel awful because we discussed it before we got pregnant and agreed we both wanted to stay keto during pregnancy. However, the thought of meat or anything fatty is enough to make me sick. So, I haven't stuck to keto at all and that brings temptation into the house for him. He's been so successful so I feel like such a jerk that I'm making it so difficult for him...especially since I've been too tired and sick to cook keto for him. I love keto but it takes a lot of energy since you can't simply grab a snack or a quick dinner. My midwife said she also loves keto but 21 carbs while pregnant isnt the best idea. She advised 50 to 80 once my food aversions go away (hopefully soon). She said she's seen a lot of success with low carb pregnancies.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/29 7 wk, 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 10 wk sonogram 3/8 And next pre natal is 3/12.

How are you feeling?: completely exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: since the thought of meat makes me ill, I haven't stayed on keto, which is disappointing. I feel bad for tempting my husband with the carbs I've been consuming. I've gained nearly 5 lbs. I'm hungry all the time. Oh and every one knows we are on keto so I have to hide my carbs And foods from anyone who doesn't know we are pregnant which is a bit difficult at work. And my God I'm lucky to stay awake for 4 hrs straight. Idk how I'll make it through the work day today. Also, I always thought you went to the Dr once a month. I've got my 10 wk sono, next prenatal, my own bloodwork for genetic testing ,and then genetic counseling/testing which includes more blood work and a sono (also identifies baby gender at 11 to 13 wk) all within 1 month. It's crazy. They said every woman goes through all of this screening and it's not at all an indication that something is wrong. Has anyone else been sent for a nuchal translucency scan or something like that?

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Well after yesterday's dating u/s I actually don't fit in this group anymore.  8+4 new due date of Sept 21

Baby is the size of a(n): Jelly Bean

Upcoming Appointments: Had first appt last night with ob, won't be seen again for 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: Headaches still going strong and the smell of food turns my stomach.

Rants/Raves: I busted out some maternity pants and it feels so nice!

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Wizard of OZ