July 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 2/11

We're all ears! What's going on? 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Randoms w/o 2/11

• @nopegoat What ever happened with the pig?? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat Aw yay! I'm glad she's sticking around :) 
  • +1 for using the pic again! Love seeing your animals @nopegoat
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited February 2019
    One week until AS! Woohoo! 
  • Did anyone watch the grammy's last night? I thought it was terrible! So many of the performers sounded really off, and just weird picks IMO. Like why was Katy Perry performing with Dolly Parton. Ugh, or Miley Cyrus? She looked ridiculous. This could also probably go on the first world problems thread, but I thought overall it was very bad. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 My husband and I feel like this every year. We just chalk it up to getting old. Like I don't know who about 90% of the nominees even ARE. So... welcome to our old people club. 
  • @hakele, right?? Like entire categories, I didn't know a single nominee. And even the people I did know, like red hot chili peppers, sounded terrible and played some song I had never heard. But agreed, I am too old. I only had it on in the background because we had company, but from what I saw, I remember why awards shows are so crappy. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @hakele @ameliabedelia-2 agreed! While I didn't try to watch the Grammy's I haven't in years. I've never really enjoyed it. But the Oscar's and Golden Globes I have no problem with, and I'll make my husband watch them too  :D
  • @strickland8052 wholeheartedly agree with on @nopegoat
  • I always record the award shows thininkig, oh I'll fast-forward thru it later and watch parts of it. But, in reality I'll just delete it in a week or two. 😂
  • I’ve been putting off getting maternity bottoms because all that was available was jeans, and in FL, out “winter” doesn’t warrant a bunch of jeans. Finally picked up some workout  leggings today and they are heavenly. Can not wait to get some shorts, tops and dresses and be ready for this summer!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  :/  So one more thing to add to my week now. I have my second "Formal Observation" first thing Thursday morning after being out all day Wednesday. The assistant principal is coming during my study skills class, which is mostly me coaching kids one on one through whatever assignments they need to finish up for other classes. This week we will be working on note taking as a class because my students do not believe they need to take notes. 

I am pretty sure I will do well (I usually do - I have never had an observation I did not do well on) but I am still nervous - new school, new administration, staffing cuts are coming, and I just bought a house across from the school. 
  • I have the utmost faith in you @indulgentgypsy
  • Oh my gosh. 
    I just binged an entire season of this show on Netflix called Yummy Mummies. It is about 4 moms in Australia and it was HILARIOUS. This one girl is just so over the top, it’s unreal. 
  • Any other boards other than the BMBs worth a damn?  The few I've explored are pretty much dead.
  • @strickland8052 @indulgentgypsy you guys are making me blush. Honestly I'm awkward as heck IRL. But I'm always up for sex stories 😂😂

@indulgentgypsy good luck! ❤️ 

We don't have cable and I'm so far out of the loop as far as music and movies go. No award shows here. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I haven't hopped on the Pop Tarts wagon yet, but I'm definitely with y'all on the "I bought something super-carby and not amazing for me I haven't bought in awhile." How you doin', microwave popcorn?!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @indulgentgypsy - Good luck!

@hestia14 - I bought blueberry pop tarts this morning and promptly ate some as soon as I got home 

• Kiddo #1 had a puke free night last night and today. Kiddo #2 is now puking. I think it's safe to confirm this is definitely some sort of bug. 😭😭😭
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Currently in a FB fued because people are freaking out over a pregnant woman around chickens. Lord have mercy I'm tired of people thinking we are completely defenseless weak creatures that can't do anything.

Seriously does anyone have any common sense left??!! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I’m in one about MMR Vaccines... but I’m just arguing that someone was trying to say that measles was “trivial”. And that the evidence she gave violated the way that statistics should be used for debates. So, I’m just lawyering her to death.... 
  • @hakele oh man 😡😡. Good luck with that. There's no reasoning with those kinds of people. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat there must be something going around town. My little one was puking Thursday/Friday. It moved quick though.
  • @nopegoat I hope your kids start feeling better soon! 

@indulgentgypsy I’m sure everything will go smoothly for you! But good luck! 

We we have a family trip to the mtns coming up on Friday and I’m a bit nervous. It’ll be my IL’s, BIL/SIL, and my parents. And my parents are taking DD back with them Sunday because daycare is closed on Monday and DH and I both have to work. My mom is a teacher and gets that day off so she’ll be with them. BUT, I’m nervous because the weather is saying snow for Sunday, and I don’t want DD in the car for a 2 hour car ride if the weather is bad.... it’s either that, or I leave her with the IL’s who have already proven to me they can’t take care of her. (Let her choke on food right in front of me last weekend, gave her a chicken bone to chew on at 4 months old, won’t wipe or suck the booger’s out which made her more sick and we had to take her to urgent care... I could go on.) 
  • My kids have had high fevers that have resulted in hallucinations. Got rid of them for one day, then my youngest pukes in his bed. They both have had a fever for the past 2 days. Either I have a bug (with no fever) or my morning sickness is back because I have been puking after anything I try to eat today. So tomorrow— no food or drinks for me while throwing up & taking care of 2 sick toddlers by myself.  Ugh!! I thought this was over. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited February 2019
    3 out 4 kids are now puking. 😭😭 😭

Thankfully H is on his back to Houston and is now planning on coming straight home.

Oh no @bartonolivia. I hope your crew feels better soon!! Sick kiddos are the worst! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Amid all the puke, enjoy a laugh! 
  • Help. I’m in a wedding in June. I’ll be 35 weeks at the wedding and she wants me to order my bridesmaids dress TODAY. I haven’t gained any weight so far but how the heck to I determine what size to get?? It’s not maternity and it’s zip up. 
  • @bartonolivia um... is it empire waist??! If not (no offense) but I don't see how that will work! I'd order maybe 2 sizes bigger than your usual? Easier to make it smaller if it's too big than the other way around.
  • @bartonolivia Can you call the place and talk to someone about it? I can't imagine it would be the first time anyone would have to accommodate a pregnant client. 
  • I’m so over this weather. We had another snow day today. It’s been freezing rain all day and now we are going to get snow on top of it. 
  • @ccmama3 yes it is! It just zips up towards the lower back and I feel like the top/bust part will scrunch up bc of the fabric and my belly pushing it up. The bride asked but they said I had to come in. I’ve had to cancel my appt to go in because my kids and I have been sick for a while. So she’s making me order it today online. 
  • Someone I do volunteer stuff with just gave me her "old" (her oldest is 5, so it's still pretty new) Ergobaby carrier, including the infant insert and booster thing. Not going to complain...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker