September 2019 Moms

TTGP Check-In, 2/7

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.

What's going on with Baby this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: They’re building a new shopping center close to your neighborhood. What would YOU pick to put in it?

Re: TTGP Check-In, 2/7

• What's going on with Baby this week? Swimming around prolly, chillin’ and relaxin’ all cool. Apparently his/her retinas have begun to form.

How far along are you? 8+1

Anyone have an appointment this week? Tomorrow!! Wahoo!!

Cravings/Symptoms? Not really, maybe a tiny bit of nausea in the evenings. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? It was so cold here yesterday that there was ice (!!) on my windshield!! I was obviously running late, so I dog’d it until my defroster started working to melt the ice. Luckily I was only in my neighborhood when this all happened. I told DH about it and he got sooooooo mad at me. Eep! I promised I would never drive like that again. He’s Mr. Safety First when it comes to me. 

Questions? Nah. 

GTKY: They’re building a new shopping center close to your neighborhood. What would YOU pick to put in it? 
    So...confession. They actually ARE building a shopping center close to my neighborhood. And the first store was announced...another Starbucks. BAH HUMBUG!! If it was up to me I’d put in a bagel shop and a Qdoba Grill. I had some Qdoba nachos when I was on a trip in Portland and it was so good I was jonesing for more months later. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited February 2019
    @nomangos23 I was running late...to catch my train. Lol. I have to drive to the station in my hometown. Yay for unexpected views of Baby nomangos! But I’m so sorry that you had a no symptom day that made you think bad thoughts about baby nomangos. I like your tea shop idea. I could get behind that so hard and fast. And also talk entirely in a British accent whilst I drink my afternoon tea with a scone and some clotted cream!! What’s on the viewing agenda for this weekend?

@chichiphin Yello old friend, I’m glad you came back to us! 😉 I had really good turkey tacos last night that I did not want to stop eating, lol. I hope you’re going to get your appetite back soon. Not being able to eat sounds like one of Dante’s circles in hell. You’re so close to the magical second tri!! Our cold snap looks like it’s on the exit, but we have more rain coming this weekend and next. I thought I lived in the place with the best weather? I might need a refund!

Eta tag
  • @lillywonderland Oh right, I didn't consider your train probably isn't right out front of your house. haha. Speaking of British accents and tea, are you a Downton Abby fan? Did you see there's a movie coming out? 
  • @lillywonderland Glad you made it safely! I'm assuming you're not in an area that usually gets ice on the car? Here in Michigan an ice-scraper is a necessity in every car!

@nomangos23 Isn't it a bummer that we can't even enjoy a good day!? I'm glad everything checked out well!

@chichiphin I'm with you on the food struggle. It's quite unfair to always be hungry but not want to eat food! You're pretty close to 2nd tri already! Hopefully, it's short-lived for you now. 

What's going on with Baby this week?  Just hanging out, being a lentil tadpole. Still rocking that tail. 

How far along are you? 6w5d - I feel like everyone else is so much farther!

Anyone have an appointment this week? Not me! After two other kids my midwife is more like a friend now. When I called to tell her the news and ask to hire her again we chatted and forgot to set an appointment, lol. I know it will be around 12 weeks. I just need to send her a text. 

Cravings/Symptoms? No cravings, really. But the bloat is real as well as the queasiness and food not sounding good. I'll take that over full-blown nausea and vomiting.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks! It's been crazy around here with sick kids and polar vortex weather! I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal soon.

Questions? Nah.

A QDoba is a great idea, or maybe a Lebanese or Mediterranean restaurant! Really, just a Meijer close to my house would be lovely. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nomangos23 Yes, definitely a Downton Abbey fan!! Brb while I research the movie that I had no clue about!! I wonder how they’re going to continue the series...very interesting!!

@SA0012 SoCal here 😎. We don’t do snow or ice, lol! Oooooh, good call on the Mediterranean food! Are you Lebanese? I ask because I am (yay!) and you don’t hear of people jonesing for Lebanese food unless they are Lebanese, lol. We never really ate a lot of Lebanese food growing up, just mostly grape leaves (dolma). 
  • @chichiphin I totally get the food struggles. What are you making yourself eat? Carrot sticks aren't particularly satisfying but they don't bother me during or after. I've been doing canned peaches/pears, eggs, toast, bagels, steamed broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes are life. 
  • @lillywonderland haha yeah you shouldn't be getting this crappy weather!! I expect it on the east coast tho 
    @SA0012 throwin out that Meijer, huh? you must be a midwesterner bc I haven't heard that since I left indiana!
    @nomangos23 force feeding myself hummus and baby carrots and random pasta dishes. The hardest part right now is protein, which I usually don't struggle with :( 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• This thread is making me hungry!

@lillywonderland @nomangos23 tea, scones, and clotted cream all sound amazing right now. Is clotted cream allowed during pregnancy? I’m already so sad about the soft cheese ban 😭. 
    @SA0012  I love me some Lebanese cuisine. My mom grew up in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey (just for a bit) and she makes delicious hummus and dolma. 
    @chichiphin hey there! Bet you’re feeling super comfy in those maternity pants though 😉. Slipping on the ice is one of my biggest fears right now. Glad that you were ok!

What’s going on with Baby this week? Facial features are starting to develop 🥰

How far along are you? 7+4

Anyone have an appointment this week? Had a follow up u/s on Tuesday (all is well) and still get to go to my official prenatal appt next Wednesday. Can’t wait to see the bean again!

Cravings/Symptoms? Fruit. They’ve had a lot of mangos at Jewel recently, but there were none last night. I was so sad! Nausea/vomiting is in full swing and the ol’ boobs still hurt. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? This might get long, so I’ll put it in a spoiler.
     We are turning DH’s home office into the nursery. I had a smaller desk that would look/fit alright in the living room, but DH is a diva and needs his full sized, L-shape desk. It looks like shit. Our wall goes like this now: TV console/TV, sideboard/buffet, GIANT ASS DESK, kitchen peninsula. It’s seriously giving me anxiety. We live in a 2bd 2bath condo that we own but there is just not enough space. I’m really into design and decorating and this layout is the worst. I can’t even imagine it with a baby. We have so many things that are made with glass and metal. Hopefully DH will start to hate it soon so he’ll realize we need to relocate ASAP. 

Questions? Not really

GTKY: hmmm... it’s hard to think of anything. I live in a popular area of a major city so we have access to pretty much everything. I do wish we had Jack in the Box though. 
  • @themadcamel looks like its time to move on up  B) Sorry there are nomangos (pun intended  :# )  and that DH is a desk diva. I haven't told mine yet he will have to relocate his racing simulator b/c I'm afraid it will end up in our living room too :( 

• @lillywonderland I can’t wait to hear how your appointment went. I drive with ice on my windshield all the time. No big deal lol. I actually got pulled over once because he knew I couldn’t see. He just gave me a warning and made me scrape it off.

@nomangos23 I’ve been feeling great too and it’s stressing me out! I’m so happy you were able to get an extra scan in. That reassurance is so nice.

@chichiphin I’ve been so bloated lately too. I’ve learned to stay away from the beans lol. I love H&M! They have so many cute clothes for really cheap.

@sa0012 I feel like everyone else is much further along too. At the beginning it feels like a week makes a big difference. Hopefully by the second tri we won’t feel so far behind anymore.

@themadcamel Lol YH sounds just like mine. He is so stubborn sometimes. He is so set in his ways. But then he will slowly come to his senses and realize that what he said or did was ridiculous lol.

How far along are you? 6w4d

Anyone have an appointment this week?
    No appointment this week but I’m counting down the days till my next US next week. I need to hear that heart beat!

Cravings/Symptoms?
    Still not having much for symptoms. I had a little nausea on Monday while in the shower but nothing since. I had some super light brown/tan one-time spotting on Wednesday and then again this morning. I read that the progesterone suppositories can cause cervical irritation so I’m going with that for the cause. Who knows.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    I’m feeling very angry. I’m angry that I’m not just happy, that I can’t just enjoy this time. I feel like I’m waiting for the other foot to drop. I realized the other day that if something did happen to the little babe and it stopped growing, I would likely not miscarry since I’m on progesterone. Only once I stop taking it would that happen. I feel like I can’t even trust my own body. Everything could seem fine but it actually isn’t… There’s no reason for me to suspect that I’ll miscarry so I don’t know why I keep freaking out about it. Maybe I just feel like it shouldn’t be this easy. Since TTC was so hard this should be too.

Questions?

A bakery sounds amazing. I lived in France for a semester and fell in love with all the bakeries. I would go every day!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @nomangos23 I loved the pun :D. Both DH and I were completely convinced that we wanted to be child free. We moved back to the city from a suburb a year and a half ago and were always sure we didn't want kids. Things changed obviously and now we need 3 bedrooms!

Husbands come with so many accessories! Is the racing simulator big?
  • @LJMoon6 I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. Try not to be too hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know). You're definitely not alone in worrying or thinking about the worst case scenario, but it still sucks. :heart:
    Where in France did you study?

• @LJMoon6 Girl. I HEAR you. I thought I'd be all good after hearing the HB for the first time. Not true. Now I'm just anxious about everything else. My dog. My husband. My parents. It's nut. I'm blaming the hormones? I will say though, I was on progesterone with my last MC and it did not stop the bleeding, not sure if that is helpful to hear or not. (mine was not brown, however). Have you called the doc about it? They might be able to work you in for an early scan. By 6w4d there should be a HB, but not always.  Also, re: There's no reason to think I'll miscarry... I just keep telling myself "The odds are in your favor", which THEY ARE! (But it lasts approximately 9 seconds until I remind myself of all the reasons it's not going to work out). Sigh. Until then, I just keep watching episodes of I love Lucy and Friends and taking bubble baths b/c that's my safe space. BIG hugs. 

@themadcamel Ugh, yes. It's THREE 32" monitors sitting around a race seat, full with steering wheel, pedals and desktop computer.  :|
  • @themadcamel I can’t decide if this is just normal scares for a FTM or because we went through so much just to get here… either way it still sucks.

I stayed in a small town in the south of France, Pau. It’s right by the Pyrenees mountains. I originally signed up for just one semester but by the end of those 4 months I had fallen sooo in love with the country. I tried so hard to extend my stay for another semester but unfortunately finances didn’t work out in time. I want to go back so bad. It’s my dream to someday live in Europe. MH on the other hand is not too keen on the idea… he’ll come around lol.

@nomangos23 Everything you said really did help! I don’t know why it’s good to hear that you could still bleed while on progesterone. It makes me feel more confident that today everything is fine. I don’t have to wait for the next US to feel relief. I haven’t told my RE about the spotting. They only want you to call if it’s bright red and enough to fill a liner. Mine has honestly been the smallest amount that I could have easily missed it. It has come out when the majority of my progesterone has come out. At this point I’m not worried about it unless it increases. I’m just missing the other symptoms. I just want something to remind me that I’m pregnant.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• **lurking**

@chichiphin hey gurl! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing! Glad to see you popped back in here.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @lillywonderland Well I'm glad bub looks good but... ..Soft tissue  :| I don't think as sch is that big of a deal but I have no idea what the implications of a vanishing twin are... I assume also not a big deal? 
  • @nomangos23 Dr. Google says there’s no harm to Mom or surviving baby when there’s   the loss of a twin in the first tri. It all gets reabsorbed which is both cool and a bit unsettling. It just makes me a little sad if that’s really what happened...kwim? 
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    Lurking from October

@lillywonderland, I'm so glad you got to see a baby with a heartbeat! I'm sorry about the uncertainty surrounding the soft tissue, and I hope your scan next week shows it is a no-big-deal sch ❤
  • @lillywonderland CA sounds glorious right now! I am not Lebanese but one of my best friends is. Her Aunt and Uncle own an AMAZING local restaurant that I just adore. I fell in love with so much of it!!! How did I not know about Garlic Sauce earlier in my life?!?

@chichiphin hahaha, you know it! Meijer is a way of life! Michigander here!

@themadcamel oooh, those sound delicious! Are you allowed to share recipes?? ;-)

@LJMoon6 I'm so sorry you're struggling with enjoying this. I know exactly what you mean. I've been through it a few times and it doens't seem to get easier. With DS1 I told myself, "It's not yours until 12 weeks. Don't get excited until 12 weeks. It's not yours yet." Not matter how much I tried to stop. It was irrational, of course. But I was pretty much paralyzed by fear for the entire first trimester. Once I was showing more and could feel regular movement it seemed to (mostly) pass. This part is so cruel. I hope you find some peace. <3

@galentine YAY! Congrats!!!!!!!!! :-D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nomangos23 omg that's huge!! Is it just for fun or is YH a racer?

@LJMoon6 that sounds lovely! I hope you get to go back for at least a long visit (if not to live there forever) someday. I never studied abroad, but I have been lucky enough to have traveled to many places in Europe. France is my 2nd favorite country. I've spent a lot of time in Paris, but my favorite trip was when we visited several places in the Loire valley. Before we decided on having a kid, DH and I were talking about retiring early and settling down in Italy.

@lillywonderland sorry to hear about the mixed news at your u/s. FX that it all gets sorted out at your next appointment.
  • @SA0012 I don't see why not! :smile:
    Everything is kind of eyeballed, so I'll do my best here lol. The dolma recipe is a bit tricky (lots of steps) so I usually just buy them pre made from the store.

Hummus:
    1 lb of cooked and shelled chickpeas (or 1 15oz can of chickpeas, shelled)
    2-4 cloves of garlic (more or less depending on preference)
    juice of 1/2 or whole lemon (to taste, I like mine pretty lemony)
    2-4 big spoon fulls of tahini
    1 TBS (ish) EVOO
    salt (maybe a tsp..?)

Toss all ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth. Add more EVOO, tahini, or lemon juice as needed. You can also add water to make it thinner. I like mine a thicker consistency than the hummus typically found at the grocery store.

Dolma (this recipe is from Turkey): makes about 20
    jar of pickled/brined grape leaves (you can find these on Amazon or at a Middle Eastern grocery)
    2 diced yellow or Vidalia onions
    1 cup uncooked Turkish baldo rice (it's a starchy white rice, you can use arborio or plain white)
    1 bunch finely chopped flat leaf parsley
    about 1/2 cup EVOO
    handful of pine nuts
    1/4 cup dried currants (optional)
    mint flakes, allspice, pepper, cinnamon
    dash of sugar
    juice of 1/2 lemon

Saute the onions with half of the oil until translucent, then add the pine nuts. Cook for about 5 more minutes. Add the rice and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the spices, currants, sugar, and parsley. Add about 1/2 cup of water, bring to boil and reduce to simmer for like 20 minutes or until all moisture is absorbed by the rice. Let the mixture cool then spoon onto the leaves and wrap. Spread a layer of leaves on the bottom of a large pot and put the stuffed leaves in an even layer on top. Add the other half of the oil, lemon juice, and some water (1 or two cups I think) and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 40 ish minutes until all moisture is absorbed. Let cool and serve! Hooray!

• @themadcamel woohoo!! Thanks!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @themadcamel Ugh, retiring early and moving to Italy sounds amazing! The loire valley is gorgeous! I always recommend to anyone going to France for the first time to go check it out.

@nomangos23 I meant to answer your question about progesterone but then somehow missed it earlier. My RE has me taking it until week 8 is all. There was no indication that I needed to take it in the first place, more as just a precaution. I'm a little worried that week 8 is too early. I've seen some women on it till week 10 or even week 12. I'm excited to stop taking it of course. At 8 weeks I might just cut my does to once a day instead of twice a day and then keep doing that till I run out (I should have left about a weeks worth at the lower dose). What is your doc having you do?
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 Week 8 as well. Yesterday was my last dose. I'm not entirely convinced I needed it in the first place either and I'm sure not sorry to see it go. I am a little worried about bub but my heart of hearts says my body is doing what its supposed to. 
  • @nomangos23 Well that's reassuring! I hate when different doctors have different recommendations.
    *TW* TTC history